• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item51bb371a6c

Free shipping. No tax( for me at least )

#2 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Not bad at all!  I don't think I'm charged tax either.  Would've ended up being $13 more than the X1 for $399 I got from Amazon.  Titanfall and 1mo Live but no Forza.  Probably would've been worth the extra $13.  I just wish I could've used my $100 in Amazon credittoward the X1 purchase but it wasn't in my account at the time.

#3 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Jesus Christ. I'm not usually one of those guys who screams "WTF, I paid way more just a few months ago", but...WTF, I paid $475 for the base console a few months ago and was feeling like I got in at a good price! I'm enjoying the console, but gottdamn, a pack in game and $60-70 price drops inside of 6 months? Learned that lesson.

#4 bluehat9

bluehat9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

If I can get to the confirm and pay screen at the $440 price does that mean no tax will be applied?  I only ask because just about everywhere else online charges me tax (including amazon and newegg) and that's why I haven't taken up one of the xbone deals yet.

#5 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

So:

1. Don't buy at launch

2. Don't buy bundles for console price + discounted game price

3. Don't buy bundles for just the console price

4. Don't buy bundles when they further drop $50 from just the console price

*Apply mathematical induction here

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'm just going to wait until it hits the $400 sweet spot for the Titanfall Bundle.

Either with no tax or tax included with the price. 

:3ds: : ---   :psp: : ---

:br: / :dvd:  : Walking Dead S4

:pc: : Diablo 3 Reapers of Souls/Attack on Titan Tribute

:wiiu: : ---   :xb1: : ---   

:ps4: : Destiny 

#7 IcBluScRn

IcBluScRn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

This is Cheapassgamer right? it should be part of the creed.   

anyway im still waiting.....

So:

1. Don't buy at launch

#8 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

The lesson is: don't buy a videogame console again. I personally am going to stop buying videogames as well because they drop in price and have GOTY editions out less than a year later.

#9 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

If I can get to the confirm and pay screen at the $440 price does that mean no tax will be applied?  I only ask because just about everywhere else online charges me tax (including amazon and newegg) and that's why I haven't taken up one of the xbone deals yet.

Yep if you get to the pay screen and no tax is shown then that's the price you pay.

Anyway, to compare this to the X1 Forza bundle I got from Amazon for $426 total.  This is $14 more.

440 - $3.33 (XBL 1 mo) = $436.67

I'm sure I couldn't get much for Titanfall now.  I'd say $30 is safe.  $436 - $30 = $406   I basically paid $20 for Forza 5, it's all good.  At least I don't have to bother selling Titanfall, though I probably could've sold it pretty easily.

#10 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

I remember someone telling me that you won't be able to get an Xbox One for under $450 for a very long time. I can't remember who that was though.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#11 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

I remember someone telling me that you won't be able to get an Xbox One for under $450 for a very long time. I can't remember who that was though.

Last week, I said something like that, however, until Microsoft drops the official MSRP, I'm still right!
Posted Image

#12 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Heh..I'm shocked like many others are shocked.  But maybe we shouldn't be.  MS really shot themselves in the foot.  They buried themselves under a pile of shit with all their BS and now can't get themselves out from under it.

I'm starting to question whether we should even be buying these deals at all.  The system really seems to be failing and as consumers we have all the power.  MS is really getting desperate and trying to win people back.  Maybe we shouldn't be giving in this easy.

#13 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I got that 15 percent off Ebay email a few days ago if I use their mobile app..wouldnt that make this 373.99 just wondering if I can use it towards this purchase the promo expires tomorrow but Ive never tried it before also what is TigerDirect's return/exchange policy if the XBOX ONE is defective in anyway

#14 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

I have a hard time listening to the Doom and Gloom train the CAG threads have become because I owned a 3DS at launch and it was deader than the XBoxOne. XBO has only been out five months. I'll wait patiently to see how it unfolds.
Posted Image

#15 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

$340 or bust for me for an Xbox One. If it doesn't drop to that in a years time, no biggie, got a huge backlog to keep me going
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#16 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

The only game that interests me right now is Peggle 2, so I'll wait for it to drop further. Good deal for those who want one now though.

#17 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

So:

1. Don't buy at launch

Don't buy consoles. Or PCs. Just buy a 3DS

#18 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

It'll drop more by summer. Just think of how much it has dropped in a few weeks.

Getting deals is all about holding your nut.

#19 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Getting deals is all about holding your nut.

I don't know, man.  I've missed a few deals while doing that...

#20 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Meh I'll wait for $200

#21 guessed

guessed

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I got that 15 percent off Ebay email a few days ago if I use their mobile app..wouldnt that make this 373.99 just wondering if I can use it towards this purchase the promo expires tomorrow but Ive never tried it before also what is TigerDirect's return/exchange policy if the XBOX ONE is defective in anyway

Wish I had gotten that email.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#22 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Iw as going to buy it but the Texas tax pushed it over what I would be willing to pay.

#23 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Iw as going to buy it but the Texas tax pushed it over what I would be willing to pay.

Did you see the Newegg deal?  If you don't pay tax there then you can get it even cheaper.

I still don't know if it's a good idea that we buy all these though.  MS really seems desperate and may come crashing down. We're saving their billion-dollar asses.  Is it really worth it?  The way they seem to be crashing down, if we hold out the deals will get better and better. They may just keep this price and do alright.  Maybe we should be more patient as consumers and watch them tumble until their giving away consoles.

#24 guessed

guessed

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

I hear you. TigerDirect is one of the few that doesn't charge TN tax, so this works out close to what the Amazon Forza bundle would have been for the short time they had it at $400. If I had a 15% off eBay coupon, I wouldn't hesitate, but since I'd have to pay cash, $440 is more than I can justify right now, even though it is a great deal.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#25 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

But everyone is already declaring use tax as required by law, right?

(yes, I'm unable to write that with a straight face)

#26 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

Wish I had gotten that email.

Id gladly forward that email to you..I dont think the email was directed at me since it doesnt say my name on it, just that if I use the Ebay mobile app I can get an item for 15 percent off

#27 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

I was just about to do it, it would end up being 373.99 for me after the Ebay coupon I just dont know if I should do it, tempting but just not sure..what is Tigerdirect's return or exchange policy if the XBOX ONE is defective

#28 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

I was just about to do it, it would end up being 373.99 for me after the Ebay coupon I just dont know if I should do it, tempting but just not sure..what is Tigerdirect's return or exchange policy if the XBOX ONE is defective

Wow that's nice.  I'm pissed I don't have that coupon. Would maybe return the Forza one coming from Amazon and save $50 by going with this.

I could've sworn I've seen that coupon before though like on the front page or something.

I went to final checkout and supposedly if you have a coupon on your account it will auto apply so I guess I don't have it.

#29 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

You are covered under eBays buyer protection so if anything is wrong you will not have any problems getting your money back. Its an incredible deal if you go through with the purchase.

#30 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

Are we sure they aren't going to just send the Titanfall game voucher? (stillsoreoverthatdebacle)