The official "How much should I pay for this?" Thread

slowdive21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So, I made a thread where I asked for help on placing a value on a lot I was looking at and I thought it went well.

This thread is for advice on lots where people may be having trouble placing a value. Anyone can post or give advice to help a fellow CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have a little agenda...

This lady wants $120 for the lot, it includes a red DSlite (not pictured). She will sell the game individually for $12 each. I was thinking about just buying Heartgold and Pearl for $24 total.

0DgmRjw.jpg

So CAGs...How much should I pay for this lot? ;)

I'd only pay $70-80 for it, since I estimate I could get $130-$150(If I sold the games individually) on ebay.
I was going to offer $75, but I have a feeling she may stick to her guns. I thought maybe she would go $10 each if I picked up 5 games or something. Pokemon games tend to hold their value, right? Maybe she will make me a deal just on those...

I was going to offer $75, but I have a feeling she may stick to her guns. I thought maybe she would go $10 each if I picked up 5 games or something. Pokemon games tend to hold their value, right? Maybe she will make me a deal just on those...
If you want to just get the two main Pokemon games $12 is a steal, offer her lower on the other 3 between $8 or $10, what ever you feel more comfortable with. The other games really are just crap games other than the mario games.

Some guy on my local craigslist just posted an Xbox One for $320. I'm not really into the XBone but I'm really tempted to just buy the damn thing and flip on eBay lol.

Some guy on my local craigslist just posted an Xbox One for $320. I'm not really into the XBone but I'm really tempted to just buy the damn thing and flip on eBay lol.
I would be cautious about it since unless you can play it first. that is pretty damn cheap.

Talking to this guy for this SNES lot but I'm not sure what to pay for it

Sunset riders

Super Metroid

Super Castlevania

Mega Man X

Star Fox

Gradius 3

Super r type

Donkey Kong Country 2

F Zero

Ghouls and ghosts

Sun Squadron

Killer Instinct

Wario Woods

He's asking $140.  I know some of those carts are worth around 30ish.  Are any of these reproduced enough that I verify them?

You are barely making anything after fees and shipping. The price for the system has dropped a lot.

OK, most of these I should be able to pick up between $2-$5 each.

I'm already buying Conker, Norrath PS2, Battlefront and the sealed SoulC2 PS2.

Are there any other gems I am missing? (btw there are 4 pics)

http://imgur.com/a/Bv8I2

Destruction Derby Arenas is worth a few bucks last I checked. You won't get rich but I'd grab it for the price. Breakdown is a fantastic game and has sentimental value for me. I wrote the first published review for it. Not worth much though

I'll grab that one too thanks for the heads up! I already cherry picked from these, but she had to check pricing with her brother on the games I listed.

I met up with her again tonight and I forgot the one bing suggested.  :wall:  I'll add that simpsons GC one to my list too. lol I think $2 is as low as she will go, but maybe she will take less since I bought from her 2 times already. :)

How much should I charge? 

I have this lot in the picture.  It's going to be garage sale leftovers.  I would like to sell this lot on Craigslist locally.  I would like to get an average of $4 an item for this lot.  Is this realistic on Craigslist?  I would think the buy point would be $2 an item as a lot.  I can sweeten the pot with better games or possibly a PS2 console.   How can I make the most money on this lot on Craigslist?  I don't need or want these anymore and they hold no value on Amazon.  No paypal suggestions or EBay.

gallery_354731_8409_987898.jpg

Wondering if I should keep those boxed N64 games now.  Boxed N64 games are hard to find in that condition.  Even if they are only sport games.

Saw this at my local Meijer. It looks like it's been opened before. Not sure if it's a good deal.

gCtRyCq.jpg
It's okay for brand new. If your looking for a slim PS2 check craigslist and yard sales. You already know this Ferrari. My boxed PS2 slim was $25 at thrift. Not new but everything for $25. Without the box I grabbed one for $15 I think.

Check my post in this same thread. Need help prcing a lot. Sold the Weeds DVD' s though.

Ok, thanks.  Just making sure I'm not crazy.  I had to message the guy still, just for fun.  Of course no reply. . .

Well he knows about games if he knows the differences between geneses consoles (I don't really know the difference TBH). The fact that he said he would take guides stands out to me as an opportunity if you have a lot of penny guides. I assume he will want something in trade of about $200, but that is a wild guess.

Short and sweet, need advice on a potential buy

Landstalker (cart only) 8 bucks and some change. I rarely buy genesis games that aren't CIB but this seems like a hard game to find. I could just print out the artwork as I have extra cases.

Is it worth it?

Short and sweet, need advice on a potential buy

Landstalker (cart only) 8 bucks and some change. I rarely buy genesis games that aren't CIB but this seems like a hard game to find. I could just print out the artwork as I have extra cases.

Is it worth it?
It's $8....that's the cost of one day's lunch I'd imagine.

Do you want the game? It sounds the answer is yes. So buy it.

Again.....it's $8. Not an expensive purchase by any means. And if that is expensive to you maybe you would be best to spend the money elsewhere.

$8 is the lowest sold price on ebay with shipping cart only. I would try to get it for $5. If negotiation isn't an option, I personally would wait.

It's $8....that's the cost of one day's lunch I'd imagine.

Do you want the game? It sounds the answer is yes. So buy it.

Again.....it's $8. Not an expensive purchase by any means. And if that is expensive to you maybe you would be best to spend the money elsewhere.
I just spent $4,982 dollars the other day on summer tuition. I still have to acquire books, and my car is due for inspection by the end of the month (which most certainly needs back breaks). So while it is not expensive in comparison, just wondering if it is worth it from others perspective. I never played the game, and it is for collection purposes so I wouldn't be playing it anytime soon. 8 bucks is about my limit for gaming this week, and I just want to know if it is worth it for that price.

If your interested in playing it I'd say yes. I still remember seeing good reviews for this and Gunstar Heroes in the first issue of Diehard Gamefan I remember reading and ended up buying both of them. They are both some of my personal favorites on the Genesis.

If your interested in playing it I'd say yes. I still remember seeing good reviews for this and Gunstar Heroes in the first issue of Diehard Gamefan I remember reading and ended up buying both of them. They are both some of my personal favorites on the Genesis.
That is still my all time favorite magazine. Thanks!

This guy posted a small collection and the game boy games caught my attention. I offered him $25 and he said that was fine. Just double checking to see if its a good deal. Ill probably just play them through and sell them on eBay or something. What do you guys think?

Http://lansing.craigslist.org/vgm/4486960073.html
I would pick it up for that price. Some of those games are pretty good (Zelda, mega man). Would be able to make your money back to me thinks

(Reposting from the Yard Sale thread)

Looking for any CAG's advice. I asked a woman today if she had any video games for sale and she said her husband had a huge box in the garage he hadn't sorted yet. She called him out and he took me to look at them. It was literally every rare/valuable game under the sun; had manuals for everything too. I managed to take some quick pics when he was gone but you can't really see much. Saw games I've never even heard of, like Lufia for example (googled and saw how much it's worth...) He said he would call me back in an hour after going through what he wanted to keep/part with and when he did he said he needed a little more time and that he would get back to me in 1-2 weeks. There is easily hundreds of dollars worth of games here and would be an excellent addition to my collection, but I've never been in this situation before. I don't know if he knows what they are worth so when he later says 'Make an offer', how would you guys go about this? (sorry for extremely blurry pics)

K3s10Ms.jpg

I think he is taking the time to look them up. I would make an offer on everything except the PS3 stuff and I would make some reference to them being able to trade that stuff into gamestop. You could say something like  "I usually buy the old stuff that gamestop doesn't take anymore because it is cheaper" or something to that effect.

Or

You could make an offer like $100 on everything and if they scoff and say something like, that is way too low, you can exclude the PS3 console.

I usually do all of this on the fly, so it is hard to explain in text.

Local pawn shop has the Xbox One Killer Instinct Fight Stick for $150. It's in the box and seems to be in good condition. I see they go for quite a bit online, so what does CAG think? Should I haggle them down? What should I pay for it?

From a craigslist ad:

PS1 games - note almost all of these have cracked jewel cases but the discs are all great:
Final Fantasy IX - $5
Street Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - $10
Valkyrie Profile - Black label, EXTREMELY rare. There is minor damage to the jewel case and I don't have the instruction manual. $50
Metal Gear Solid - $5 (black label)
Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter - $10 (disc only) 

Not pictured: 
Also selling a PS2 game, Tales of the Abyss for $10

He's willing to take 75.....worth it? 

Ha, dunno if I should push my luck! :)
It really comes down to Valkyrie profile. It doesn't have the manual. The "cracked" cases don't matter, but he may go lower because of that. I've found that some people do that, eventhough the cases are easy to replace for ps1 stuff since they are basically CD cases.

Did he offer $75 or did you ask him if he would take $75? In theory you always want to be the last offer when negotiating (though sometimes you need to know when to stop to avoid pissing them off). -So ultimately it is up to your judgment.

I don't do many CL deals (think I have only done 1 ever), but you could hem and haw in person and see if he will take less (or try to be cute or whatever girls do. Twirl your hair and act dumb. lol)

(Reposting from the Yard Sale thread)

Looking for any CAG's advice. I asked a woman today if she had any video games for sale and she said her husband had a huge box in the garage he hadn't sorted yet. She called him out and he took me to look at them. It was literally every rare/valuable game under the sun; had manuals for everything too. I managed to take some quick pics when he was gone but you can't really see much. Saw games I've never even heard of, like Lufia for example (googled and saw how much it's worth...) He said he would call me back in an hour after going through what he wanted to keep/part with and when he did he said he needed a little more time and that he would get back to me in 1-2 weeks. There is easily hundreds of dollars worth of games here and would be an excellent addition to my collection, but I've never been in this situation before. I don't know if he knows what they are worth so when he later says 'Make an offer', how would you guys go about this? (sorry for extremely blurry pics)

K3s10Ms.jpg
What happened with this?

bread's done
Back