CAGcast #367: Head Games

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Wombat suffers a head injury. Also, video games such as Wolfenstein: The New Order get discussed.

Download (75 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
Listen on Soundcloud.com

GoDaddy.com Coupon Codes

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro:  Release, Chris Lake -  Outro: Robocop clip
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

#2 HustlerKid

HustlerKid

The Real Huey Freeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Nice, cagcast before work. Thanks guys.

GTABlueKid.png

#3 actripxl

actripxl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

You need to do something Wombat, find out if he has another bike and then bust his sh*t and put his wheel in his bed while sleeping.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#4 Daniel7394

Daniel7394

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

Thanks again! For people moaning about the Far Cry 4 cover can they not just do a reverse cover on one side a cover with the guy with the grenade and a side without?

#5 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

I got into a minor traffic accident about two months ago, once the police report was made public (it took about 3 days) i received about a dozen letters from lawyers. The nice thing was that many of them contained the police report which means that I did not need to go to the police department to get a copy (and pay for it).

#6 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Yeah those fucking bike messengers in Manhattan suck.  They don't stop at lights and they go the wrong way down one way streets and they yell at you when they almost hit you.  I walk from the Port through Time Square myself everyday.  If you don't have your head on a swivel or lose your focus for a second you can get hurt.

Get well soon Wombat.

#7 d510r9

d510r9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

"What I would do if I was Zenimax is I would say hey Oculus Rift and Facebook, have you guys ever thought about doing a podcast, we should do a podcast together, cause I think that's a good way to get a piece of someones empire."

Get well soon Wombat, I hope that knock to the head hasn't permanently damaged your ability to make subtle metaphors. If only you had taken up Cheapy/Shipwreck's excellent idea to wear a GoPro, you would have had great footage. Add a mic an internet connection and you could hire yourself out as an E3 surrogate like Larry Middleman in Arrested Development.

Really loved the show, all you guys were great as always.

#8 primesuspct

primesuspct

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hello

#9 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Wombat should definitely sue if it won't take too much effort on his part and a lawyer does all the hard work.  The bike company should quickly settle and he gets a nice wad of cash.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#10 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Well done show as usual gentlemen.

The reason Warframe doesn't have a buy all option is because they are constantly adding characters (frames) and weapons.  Since I started playing on the PS4 in February, they have added two frames and about a half dozen weapons.  the melee system was also overhauled.  New maps and environments are constantly added.  i do agree that the art style is strange at best.  I can understand why people would be put off.  Still, some of the environments are really detailed and pretty.  there are forests, deserts and snow environments, in addition to the traditional space ships and space stations.  I would advise you guys to try it some more.  It's starts good, but gets great once you have leveled up a character and built some good weapons.

As far as the money, I think of it more as a subscription MMO than a traditional $60 games because new content is continually added.  They do a good job of giving you plenty of ways to get access to content without spending a penny.  Rare mods can be traded for the equivalent of real money and used to buy the few money only items.  Other items can be acquired with a little diligence.  The one downside is that in order to get the most from the game, you need to join a clan.  Some items can only be acquired through clan research.  I'd be happy to invite you to our clan on PS4.  We have all research done.  We are a mature clan and are pretty active if you need a group.  

Posted Image

#11 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Glad to hear Wombat's okay. Think of all the poor E3 swag that would go to watse without him!

Posted Image

#12 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

CAG #367

1:30 Wombat's accident
10:15 Show Feedback
10:15 - Microsoft's De-Kinection
17:30 Watch This: The United States of Secrets
20:15 New Releases & CUrrently Playing
20:15 - Wolfenstein:New Order
27:30 - Mugen Souls Z, Drakenguard III
28:00 - Transistor
30:00 - Adventures of Lolo
31:00 - Always Sometimes Monsters
32:00 - Xbox Fitness: Yoga
32:45 MS June Update
36:45 Cagbag: Harmonix & Dekinect; Don Mattrick & MS reversals
39:00 Halo Stuff: V, Collection
43:15 Singstar PS4
43:45 Driveclub
45:45 Stick It To The Man
47:45 Mario Kart demo
49:30 Dekinected XB1, should there be a gamepad-less WiiU?
51:30 Youtube buying Twitch?
53:00 Amplitude kickstarter got funded
54:00 Gaming press publicizing friends kickstarters
55:00 Zenimax/Oculus lawsuit
56:45 Samsung vr
57:30 Arkham Knight trailer
1:01:00 Neogaf refused from E3 media pass
1:02:45 Weed Farm
1:05:15 Cagbag
1:05:15 - Hearthstone
1:07:00 Warframe
1:12:00 Miserable excuses for human beings on social media

#13 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the show fellas!

Posted Image

#14 blacketj

blacketj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

Wombat,

Upgrading a PS3 hard is incredibly easy.  You didn't have to dismantle the PS3 or anything.  There was a plastic cover over the drive cage.  One screw released the drive cage from the PS3.  You pull out the drive cage, remove the old drive (4 screws), and replace with your new hard drive.  Then put it back in like you found it.  The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.  The software then formats the drive and you are done.  Pretty painless.

I don't know if I can make a case for it actually being "encouraged" for users to make the upgrades.  But it is in no way discouraged.  There are detailed instructions on Sony's support pages that are just a Google search away. 

https://support.us.p...isk-drive-(hdd)

https://support.us.p...upgrade-ps4-hdd

I find the easily replaceable internal drive a much better solution than external hard drive support.  Yes external support allows for larger cheaper drives, but I just don't want crap hanging off my system.  That means more cord mess from USB and most likely an A/C adapter.  I also like to move my consoles between different rooms (or to a friends or family member's house)  often, so once again external drives would be a hassle.

I'm happy to know that the PS4 drive is just as easily replaceable as the PS3's.  For me, this is just another thing that solidifies my leanings towards the PS4 as my console of choice. I'll be upgrading the drive day one once I get one.

My two bits.

Thanks for the show.

#15 MoeB

MoeB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

wasted intro music opportunity!

#16 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

CAGs could also watch that Frontline documentary on the Xbox 360 PBS app.

#17 Whyse

Whyse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

T

thanks for a great show guys!

#18 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Cheapy, sounds like you need to adjust your Kinect for yoga.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=nAZ03d9vilQ

#19 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

If you want more internet privacy stuff, check out  "Terms and Conditions may apply" on Netflix. It was made just before the Snowden stuff, but it's still really good.

Wombat wants a Neil Adams Joker in Arkham Knight...

Spoiler

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#20 GavinShai

GavinShai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

wasted intro music opportunity!

I logged in just to second this. My heart sank a little when we got a techno beat instead of foreigner.

#21 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

Obviously I thought of using head games but classic rock doesn't really work well IMO

#22 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:30 AM

Frontline's United States of Secrets was great. Part 1 was way better tho. I was disappointed with Part 2.

FYI, Akham Knight takes place in Gotham City proper. They just kept Arkham for the branding.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#23 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

Obviously I thought of using head games but classic rock doesn't really work well IMO

With all of the bizarre intros you have used that seemed out of place...it's classic rock music that you think doesn't work well? :-k

I'm going to miss having a backlog. :cry:

#24 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

First thing I thought about with Wombat talking about all the assholes on twitter was all the classy people from when he was the featured profile on XBL:

538822.png

#25 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Cheapy or Ship,

What was that website you guys bought your computers through? I'm thinking of going pcpcpc.

#26 codenamelenny

codenamelenny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Glad to hear that wombat is okay. It's really shitty to go through that and to have those comments sent to you on twitter. After you said that I thought about making a wombat appreciation thread on CAG but.... I'm too lazy to do that.

#27 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Cheapy or Ship,

What was that website you guys bought your computers through? I'm thinking of going pcpcpc.

I think shipwreck used ibuypower, and Cheapy had his friend make his.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#28 TribeFan29

TribeFan29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

Maybe it's an Ohio thing, but I've always pronounced Wolfenstein the way Shipwreck does!

#29 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

FYI, Akham Knight takes place in Gotham City proper. They just kept Arkham for the branding.

And I agree with the guys that it's really dumb for them to do so.  Batman is the brand, not Arkham.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#30 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

Maybe it's an Ohio thing, but I've always pronounced Wolfenstein the way Shipwreck does!

There is no silent L in Wolfenstien.