The Official CAG June 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Guess I'll start. Made a good chunk of money at my yard sale I just had on Friday-Saturday so I went and treated myself to a few things at Best Buy this afternoon.

3jzoHic.jpg

Got these from my Cousins, they aren't that interested in old games anymore. Got em for FREE. That Mario Love. Now I have a second complete gameboy player set. :D

Thrift Store Pick Ups. Purple tag was half off.  Minecraft was from Target @16.99

Last edited by a moderator:

SEALED PS2!- $100, saw this at Kmart and the girl said some other local store was closing and they got a bunch of their extra stuff. Apparently I missed out on a Clearance Game Sale "Up to 83% off, games $2-$20". Wonder what kinda games I missed during that! They also had a Sealed Xbox controller S for $30.......passed on that. 

Goodwill- 2 fatty system only PS2s, $10 apiece (they work just fine)

Atari Flashback 2, $7

Quake 3 complete, $3

Part of my haul from SmashFest at Best Buy:

20140612_163616-1.jpg

Got Mario for $28. Not shown are some Smash Bros. logo stickers and a pack of Bravely Default AR cards.

From eBay:

20140612_163646-1.jpg

All from one seller for about $30 each. Also got Fairy Tail Parts 1&2 Blu-ray for $20.

Got these from my Cousins, they aren't that interested in old games anymore. Got em for FREE. That Mario Love. Now I have a second complete gameboy player set. :D
Awesome cousins, I hope my brother in law does something similar in the future for me (tons of good SNES, N64, and GCN stuff that he hasn't touched in years).

med_gallery_350075_7875_66400.jpg

Here are my paltry pick ups for the month so far, ZombiU from BBY from the recent sale, Your Shape from Fry's, Final Fantasy Adventure from a local thrift in a bundle, and Metroid Fusion I bought off a CAG.

From Best Buy:

20140614_212411-1.jpg

Both were on clearence, so I don't think the GCU discount applied. Also forgot my Smash coupon, but that probably didn't apply either.

From That Guy with the Glasses:

20140614_212116-1.jpg

20140614_211953-1.jpg

20140614_212032-1.jpg

More swag, this time from the Orioles game:

20140615_144352-1.jpg

No idea what a superpowered rhino has to do with the Orioles, but who cares?

Am I the only one who got swag lately?

Anyway, stopped by MovieStop and used their B3G1 Free sale to grab some stuff. From most expensive to least. Lower right corner set was the free one.

20140616_182922-1.jpg

20140616_182828-1.jpg

20140616_182709-1.jpg

And yes, they had 2 Man of Steel Steelbooks there.

EDIT: Got my DMR rewards today:

20140616_201038-1.jpg

All from trades on CAG except Nier, which I bought at a used media store (Damn stickers....)and Buck Rogers which is from ebay. The manual for it is like 100 pages!!.

Not pictured is the Deathsmiles Face Plate I won on ebay for a buck.

+1 for The Tick DNukem. I remember picking that up when it came out. Shame that Season 3 was never offered in the states...

Season 1 is also missing an episode or 2 I believe, but I can't remember. Something that had to do with license for the particular one missing.

Season 1 is also missing an episode or 2 I believe, but I can't remember. Something that had to do with license for the particular one missing.
Both seasons are missing 1 episode each, which are on the UK sets.

Funny thing is that MovieStop actually has the UK Season 1. Sadly, the DVDs are region-locked.

Bandfuse from Gamestop $9.99.  Want Rocksmith.  I'll settle on this for now.

med_gallery_354731_8422_818587.jpg

Diablo III, pre order card and clearance Pac-Man pre order figure from Target.  $6.71 plus tax.

med_gallery_354731_8422_639842.jpg

I think I did pretty good for under $20 for these goodies.

Just a few more items as of late. Picked up the 3 NES games after selling a small lot of doubles, figured I may as well turn it into games that aren't as easy to find in the wild.

LbC5nxv.jpg

Also have been on a DBZ kick so I picked these up over the last few weeks. Yes I know I skipped Season 3, buying it from amazon shortly, only bought Season 4 randomly as I saw it best buy.

fwfYUXG.jpg

Haven't posted here in forever, but I got this in the mail today, and immediately remembered these threads and Squarehard's massive anime collection, so I figured why not post my most recent pickup. 

Alright, I've been waiting for most of this to arrive so i could post it all at once. There are a few stragglers, but most of it is here. I recently sold a bunch of stuff (mostly doubles and stuff I had been meaning to sell, as well as a lot of Magic cards I when I realized I have nowhere near the time to play truly 'competitively'. (kept plenty to make fun casual decks and even some low level competitive ones if I get time to go to an FNM or something) This left me with some funds which I decided to use to knock a few grails off my list.

First off, picked up these games:

Mario Kart was $55.00 brand new on eBay, wanted it for the download game which I used on Pikmin 3. 3D World was $45.00 on eBay. In great shape complete. Injustice, Nintendoland, and Rayman were from Best Buy b2G1, Nintendoland doesn't work sadly, need to try and exchange it out. It starts but when you try to enter a game, disc read error.

To pick those up though, of course I needed the system:

The camera flash makes the dust look way worse than it is. Yes, I got a Wii U. That isn't one of the grails, a friends old me on it is all. So far, really loving it. I got it for $230.00 after a coupon on Cowboom for the mario/luigi bundle. It came complete in the original box with everything except the gamepad still in the baggies and styrofoam. Don't think it was ever used.

Onto the good stuff. I picked up these games:

Gate of Thunder 4 Pack was $34.99 on eBay. Lords of thunder I found disc only at People Play Games in Chicago for $49.99. Considering what that sells for online, my jaw about hit the floor and I had to pick it up. My most wanted TGCD game is knocked out. Bonk 3 is the PC Engine version which is SO much cheaper than the US version.

Oh ya, I needed a system to play those on, ha ha. I grabbed a PC Engine/PC Engine CD Briefcase set up over on the Turbografx forums, fully recapped and refurbished, for $235.00. I felt pretty great about that. It works wonderfully. I didn't get it region modded just because CD games are already region free and I have a TG16 with Turbo Booster Plus to play my us hucards on.

Grabbed Blitz with the overlay for $14.99 shipped on eBay. Got Armor Attack cheap from People Play Games, $6.95.

Oh ya, I needed to be able to play that too, ha ha. Its in very nice working shape. The joystick on the controller isn't ideal but it works. I will want to get that replaced or refurbished at some point though.

Been waiting for the mail to come in. A whole lot of imports.

20140619_160125_zps9ba17b6a.jpg

Tekkon Street was from Dollar Tree. 

Gundam Extreme Vs. was from a Amazon-fulfilled seller. Came in two days. :D

Dangan Ronpa, Exstetra, E.X. Troopers, and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny were from Ebay.

Amazon order.  Now I can finally play Dragon's Lair without pumping quarters into a machine.  The guide was $6 and some change.

med_gallery_354731_8422_405474.jpg

bread's done
Back