The Last of Us Remastered with $25 Dell eGift card at Dell

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7671375&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=1&~ck=dellSearch

Receive a $25 Dell PROMO eGift Card with this purchase sent via email in 10-20 days. TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY**

Limited Time Offer!
  Promotional Gift Card Offer: Offer contingent upon purchase of eligible product; Promotional card not valid if eligible product is returned for a refund. If eligible product is returned for a refund after the card has been redeemed, the value of the redeemed card will be deducted from the refund amount. Promotional Gift Card ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90 day expiration (except where prohibited by law). Dell can only accept a limited number of Promo Cards per purchase and funds may not be consolidated with Prepaid or other Promo Cards. Multi-card payment can be requested by phone sales only. Terms and conditions apply. See "http://www.dell.com/giftcard/promoterms"

Could easily flip the $25 GC towards Destiny (which will probably also have a $25 GC) and then roll that onto another big release this holiday.

The question is whether The Last of Us remastered is worth $40 after tax.  Hmm.... 

Even harder when I already own the PS3 version. 

I'll buy TLOU for $40, ps3 version good enough for now. At Least for me, bought season pass already so that too lol.

I don't want $25 at Dell. Amazon PM please? :D/

Won't happen. Amazon will NEVER price match these kind of deals anymore.
That's a shame and it's to bad BestBuy will more then likely not match it as well. They will just act like we should be happy with 10 and we should join there paid membership thing.

I was excited to see this. I kept looking at TLOU on PS3, but with this coming to 4 it's a no brainer to wait. 25 dollars at Amazon or BestBuy might have made this a Day 1 buy for me.

Well now, this is an interesting situation.

I have a $200 Dell e-GC from buying a TV a couple of months ago, with an expiration date of mid-August. I had originally planned on "selling" it at an 80% rate (losing out on $40 in the process, but possibly worth it to not have a card just sitting there unused) in exchange for cash sent via Paypal on a trustworthy site. I'm somewhat interested in TLoU Remastered, but I had planned on waiting for it to drop to the $25-$30 range since I already played the PS3 version to the point where I have all of the single-player trophies.

Should I use that e-GC to get TLoUR, cash in the remaining ~$137 e-GC (after tax), and save the $25 e-GC from this for something else? I doubt I could cash in the $25 e-GC because the site only offers the rate for $100+ valued cards. :whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to pre-order this due to the lack of other titles this summer.  I'm still holding out hope that Sony will offer a discount on the digital version for owners of the PS3 version.

Well now, this is an interesting situation.

I have a $200 Dell e-GC from buying a TV a couple of months ago, with an expiration date of mid-August. I had originally planned on "selling" it at an 80% rate (losing out on $40 in the process, but possibly worth it to not have a card just sitting there unused) in exchange for cash sent via Paypal on a trustworthy site. I'm somewhat interested in TLoU Remastered, but I had planned on waiting for it to drop to the $25-$30 range since I already played the PS3 version to the point where I have all of the single-player trophies.

Should I use that e-GC to get TLoUR, cash in the remaining ~$137 e-GC (after tax), and save the $25 e-GC from this for something else? I doubt I could cash in the $25 e-GC because the site only offers the rate for $100+ valued cards. :whistle2:k
i would,

ended up biting, $38~ after using my $25 GC from a previous preorder. never played TLOU and like another poster said, not many more titles coming this summer anyways. thanks OP.

great dea if you got MK8 through Dell.  Sadly I didnt so I will pass on this for now, Would rather spend $40 credit down the road.  Plus, I just rebought the PS3 version for $15 from Gamefly so I'll stick with that.

Could easily flip the $25 GC towards Destiny (which will probably also have a $25 GC) and then roll that onto another big release this holiday.

The question is whether The Last of Us remastered is worth $40 after tax. Hmm....

Even harder when I already own the PS3 version.
The PS3 version trades for $16 w/GCU & the PS4 version should hold $30ish for sometime too. $38-$44 for the 1st 6 weeks or so.

That's a shame and it's to bad BestBuy will more then likely not match it as well. They will just act like we should be happy with 10 and we should join there paid membership thing.
I was excited to see this. I kept looking at TLOU on PS3, but with this coming to 4 it's a no brainer to wait. 25 dollars at Amazon or BestBuy might have made this a Day 1 buy for me.
I`d love $25 too but even at $10 it`s basically the same $25 value when factoring in tax. $10 credit, -$13 + tax on the $13 =~$24-$25

Did you decide to order it Vigilante? I am tempted but just can't pull the trigger spending $60 cash when I can wait a BB sale and use some credit.

Hmm...I own the PS3 version but haven't played it yet...

I'd do this, but I'm still undecided on which current gen system to keep, soooo not sure.

If anyone buys this deal and plans on getting rid of it after they are done with it....I will buy it off you for $35 shipped. May not be as high as a TIV by a few dollars, but...well help a CAG out :p

Quick question guys. I don't see the mention of the gift card on anywhere of their product page. Can anyone please confirm before I place the order? Thank you.

Quick question guys. I don't see the mention of the gift card on anywhere of their product page. Can anyone please confirm before I place the order? Thank you.
The gift card isn't mentioned on the product page--add it to your cart and it should be mentioned there. To be safe, I'd print out or save copies of your cart and order page that shows the $25 gift card on the off chance you don't receive it and you'll have to prove to a CS rep that you should have gotten it.

So I played like the first 10 minutes of the game, but never dove into like I wanted. I guess I'll actually be firing up the PS4 to play something....

Dell still owes me 2 gift cards from games I purchased way back. They have never sent the gift cards without me bugging customer service, something for people who are interested in this deal to keep in mind.

Dell still owes me 2 gift cards from games I purchased way back. They have never sent the gift cards without me bugging customer service, something for people who are interested in this deal to keep in mind.
Yeah, I did this deal with Grand Theft Auto V and had to wait a few extra weeks because they 'didn't have the supply.'

How do you run out of digital $25 gift cards to your own site?

Regardless, I did the deal again for Mario Kart 8 and surprise, I haven't gotten the GC yet. Just had to write them again...

At least they have free launch day delivery now unlike with GTAV.

The gift card isn't mentioned on the product page--add it to your cart and it should be mentioned there. To be safe, I'd print out or save copies of your cart and order page that shows the $25 gift card on the off chance you don't receive it and you'll have to prove to a CS rep that you should have gotten it.
Thanks Dood! In for one.

Anybody think they might drop the price on this to $50 like everywhere else has recently?

Would like to know the same re: $50 new price.  It seems the gift card is gone.  I guess even if I have to pay the higher price, i would still net $15 on the GC, but it might not be worth it....

It looks like it as I got a $15 gift card from Dell as a thank you gift and I tried to stack that with this item and it looks like the $25 gift card was pulled. That stinks as I recalled games like Wolfenstein having the promotion all the way up to the week of release.

So with the release date fast approaching for TLoU Remastered (less than 3 weeks away now), are there any thoughts on how we should approach Dell.com still selling the game for $59.99, despite it being $49.99 everywhere else?

I will just sit around and wait. Then complain when the time comes around. There's nothing else we can do to begin with.

They will say, "Your getting a $25 gift card"..... for the people that got it anyway.

After I use the promo code of $25 gift card for buying The Last Of Us Remastered and I used it. That will be the last time I will buy anything from Dell. As it is I have never purchase stuff from there anyways, customer care made me an account via the phone to place this order since the checkout system online is garbage. It wouldn't allow me to use more then one gift card. Anyways not only do they lack knowledge of there products but they are also unaware of there rules and regulations. I tried getting the game adjusted as you can see above in thread on my previous post via chat. Now with the days closer to release date, I kept checking there site to see if there was any movement because honestly for me without getting it price matched its like If I was getting a $5 gift card (Best buy $49.99 + GCU = 43.19 w tax compared to $64.79 + 25 gift card = $39.79 but keep in mind I can't use that gift card on that same order so I would have to buy something else $43.19 - $39.79 = $3.40 no even $5. Furthermore, I decided to chat with them again to later be asked to call customer care for a price match. I called (why is it that every time you call dell you get someone from india that you can't understand.) I explained to them that not only does the manufacture Sony but also all the major retailers from Best Buy, Amazon,, Toys R  Us, Walmart, Target have it for $49.99. So they later transfer me to there "escalation" department to be told that they could only offer me 10% off and  that I would obtain that 10% once I called back after receiving the item. They said my only other option would be to cancel but I would loose out on the 2 gift cards I used to pay some of it with, since Dell's promotional gift cards expire (bought them off a friend just because of this deal). Dell is not stupid they know they have me tied down and I won't cancel because of that so maybe you guys will have better luck. I suggest calling, If we all bug them about the price they might fix there shit! It is sad because they know Im a new customer since i am pretty sure they can see that I made the account just to purchase that game from them for the promotion they had, next thing I need is that I don't receive my game or my gift card.

After I use the promo code of $25 gift card for buying The Last Of Us Remastered and I used it. That will be the last time I will buy anything from Dell. As it is I have never purchase stuff from there anyways, customer care made me an account via the phone to place this order since the checkout system online is garbage. It wouldn't allow me to use more then one gift card. Anyways not only do they lack knowledge of there products but they are also unaware of there rules and regulations. I tried getting the game adjusted as you can see above in thread on my previous post via chat. Now with the days closer to release date, I kept checking there site to see if there was any movement because honestly for me without getting it price matched its like If I was getting a $5 gift card (Best buy $49.99 + GCU = 43.19 w tax compared to $64.79 + 25 gift card = $39.79 but keep in mind I can't use that gift card on that same order so I would have to buy something else $43.19 - $39.79 = $3.40 no even $5. Furthermore, I decided to chat with them again to later be asked to call customer care for a price match. I called (why is it that every time you call dell you get someone from india that you can't understand.) I explained to them that not only does the manufacture Sony but also all the major retailers from Best Buy, Amazon,, Toys R Us, Walmart, Target have it for $49.99. So they later transfer me to there "escalation" department to be told that they could only offer me 10% off and that I would obtain that 10% once I called back after receiving the item. They said my only other option would be to cancel but I would loose out on the 2 gift cards I used to pay some of it with, since Dell's promotional gift cards expire (bought them off a friend just because of this deal). Dell is not stupid they know they have me tied down and I won't cancel because of that so maybe you guys will have better luck. I suggest calling, If we all bug them about the price they might fix there shit! It is sad because they know Im a new customer since i am pretty sure they can see that I made the account just to purchase that game from them for the promotion they had, next thing I need is that I don't receive my game or my gift card.
Yup. Never buying anything from Dell after reading that.

Not that I really would before but some of their deals have been tempting. But fuck that I'll stick with Best Buy and GCU.

I decided to just cancel my preorder since the price is still $59.99 and I can find other uses for the $200 e-GC I have for Dell.com. Thankfully it hadn't shipped yet, as I just got an email confirmation that the order was successfully canceled.

I might just get TLoUR from Target.com for $40+tax thanks to the "$10 off $40+ in-store pickup order" promo since I have gift card credit there.

I will wait for it to ship and complain about the price. Already used two $25 gift cards on this so the price doesn't bother me much.

Honestly the trick with Dell is you have to complain after you receive the product or during the last stages when its in process for shipping.

bread's done
Back