[Possible reprint?] Wii Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy in-stock at Gamestop B&M - $49.99 used

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamestop-exclusive/98535

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/metroid-prime-trilogy/74982

Apologies if this is a repost, but I’ve been on a 6 month hiatus from CAG so I don’t know if this has already been discussed (but a quick search didn’t show anything). I was catching up on the E3 news for Xenoblade Chronicles X and decided that it was probably time to find a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to play before the sequel/successor is out.

Well, I noticed that Gamestop has restocked their B&M stores with copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy, listed as used. I punched in three random zip codes across the U.S., and nearly all stores indicate that they have copies of both in stock. An article (http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=230898) states that these are new, but gutted copies; I just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles from a local store and can confirm that it’s new, sans shrinkwrap (for at least my copy). It even came with a valid Club Nintendo serial. Anyway, hope this helps anyone who has been looking for a copy.

These have been in stock since Black Friday. Metroid Prime is a reprint as it doesn't feature the steel book case (I don't know if there was a second print when it first came out).

Edit: you'll have zero chance of getting a shrink wrapped copy. These appear to have been opened at the distribution center before being sent out to stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on a reasonable used price for Xenoblade. I got lucky a long time ago and picked up the last new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at Walmart for $20 so I'm good there (mine is still sealed though - I should probably play it at some point). With the new game coming out I wish they would bundle this one with the WiiU game like they are doing with Bayonetta.

These have been reprinted well before Black Friday of the previous year, so you must have not been keeping up with these for longer than just six months. ;D

You probably didn't find anything because they're buried way down into the archives of old deal posts, and this one is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY old.  Welcome back to CAG!

Still waiting on a reasonable used price for Xenoblade. I got lucky a long time ago and picked up the last new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at Walmart for $20 so I'm good there (mine is still sealed though - I should probably play it at some point). With the new game coming out I wish they would bundle this one with the WiiU game like they are doing with Bayonetta.
I didn't even consider that they might do that. That would be awesome. Honestly, though, they could remake it for $50 on Wii U and sell it on its own and would do really well. I'd pay again to play the game in HD with off-TV play.

I'd recommend not opening that copy-they go for quite a bit on ebay.

If anything, Gamestop is actually selling through their stock and it's becoming harder to find. Around Black Friday of last year every store in my metro area had it listed on the website as "in stock". Now, a few stores don't have it at all and the ones that do have it listed as "low stock" instead of "in stock".

These are both reprints that Gamestop have opened and are selling used. However instead of being Gamestop they are selling them at normal MSRP. Much better then the $80-90 they were charging before

[quote name="Mr_hat" post="11849813" timestamp="1403043293"]*Waits for indisputable factual evidence they did.*[/quote]

They both have new Wii U style cases, and MPT never had a non-steelbook release. Plus GameStop has done this for over a decade, starting with PS1 games (Persona 2, Rhapsody, Xenogears).

You just suck at game collecting to not immediately notice that they're obvious reprints. Get educated about this shit before you get scammed.

Does it really matter what it sells for if I have no intention of EVER selling it? I've got a spare poorly functioning kidney I would sell before selling off my game collection. These are with me till the day I die.
But if all you want to do is play it, you could get the one posted here, sell your sealed one and clear a pretty good profit. At this point it would not make a lot of sense to open a sealed steal book copy.

Hopefully Xenoblades gets the WIi U HD treatment, or at the very least Nintendo offers a downloadable WIi version. I would never give that much to Gamestop.

But if all you want to do is play it, you could get the one posted here, sell your sealed one and clear a pretty good profit. At this point it would not make a lot of sense to open a sealed steal book copy.
Don't you understand? He will NEVER EVER EVER SELL HIS GAME COLLECTION. This shit is IMPORTANT yo.

[quote name="Confucius" post="11850136" timestamp="1403052935"]Don't you understand? He will NEVER EVER EVER SELL HIS GAME COLLECTION. This shit is IMPORTANT yo. [/quote]

This guy gets it. Yo

My store has had a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on the shelf for the last three months. Are they supposed to be hard to find?

Everyone would buy those games at $20. They got reprinted because they're worth much more than that. You make it sound like they're the ones getting a good deal selling it for that low.

Everyone would buy those games at $20. They got reprinted because they're worth much more than that. You make it sound like they're the ones getting a good deal selling it for that low.
I don't think anybody could ever argue MPT isn't worth that price.... those are 3 of the greatest games ever made, at least in my book. But Xenoblade? Hell no, most overrated game of the last gen by far. I can't begin to put into words how sick I became of moronic AI that was incapable of healing properly, and that would just sit there in poison/acid/whatever until they die in ANY boss battle where that was an option. Combine that with the asinine difficulty spike that occured after the Mechonis battle and how the story completely fell apart at that same point and I think Xenoblade was mediocre at best.

It really was one of those rare games that just went on too damn long. Had it ended after the Mechonis I probably would have a higher opinion of it, especially since up until that point I was getting a ton of satisfaction out of the Japanese-Tolkienian feel of the game. Even then though, the game was no Mass Effect :???:

These have been in stock since Black Friday. Metroid Prime is a reprint as it doesn't feature the steel book case (I don't know if there was a second print when it first came out).
It depends on how you define 2nd print. I do know that, back when everybody was carrying MPT they were all steelbook. But the game was kept in production for awhile.... then Nintendo suddenly decided out of the blue to quit printing it.

Last edited:
I was told my copy of Buffy for Xbox 1 wasn't "really" used either.  I don't understand why they'd do that if that's true...given the obvious fact they can sell stuff for more if it's NOT used, or have people be more likely to buy it for the same price...

Anyway, the Prime trilogy is one of the bright spots on Wii...even if 2/3 of it exists in better form on Gamecube LOL.

Prime 1 and 3 are good though.  2 got annoying IMO.  The hardest boss in 3 is towards the beginning...this rock lava monster thing as I recall.  So if like me you get stuck there forever, don't worry about not being able to complete the game, the rest of the game plays much better.

Heck yeah, Gamestop would profit at $20. Rather then $0 from me not buying them.

At $50, I better get the chance to knock over the magazine rack, demand a reservation on Battletoads, and spread glitter everywhere at Gamestop. Followed by "renting" the games for a week from Gamestop, then getting banned. Gamestop would next unintentionally usher me into the darker world of video games that cost $0.

I was told my copy of Buffy for Xbox 1 wasn't "really" used either. I don't understand why they'd do that if that's true...given the obvious fact they can sell stuff for more if it's NOT used, or have people be more likely to buy it for the same price...

Anyway, the Prime trilogy is one of the bright spots on Wii...even if 2/3 of it exists in better form on Gamecube LOL.

Prime 1 and 3 are good though. 2 got annoying IMO. The hardest boss in 3 is towards the beginning...this rock lava monster thing as I recall. So if like me you get stuck there forever, don't worry about not being able to complete the game, the rest of the game plays much better.
No way man, the Wii controls on 1 and 2 were fantastic. I miss seeing the Ice Beam freeze up (especially since they left the corresponding sound effect in :???: ) but the controls were a dream. I could live without the stupid waggle of Prime 3, such as unlocking doors and that stupid power beam lasso crap, but even it was superior to the Gamecube's controls.

I never got why they didn't leave an option to control Prime 1/2 with the Wii CCP though..... seems like it would've been an easy enough option to switch on/off.

As for Prime 2.... I never had trouble with it. I can't say I was the biggest fan of the ammo system but it never caused me any problems. I know they toned it down on the Wii but I don't remember it being that bad on Gamecube either.

Last edited:
No way man, the Wii controls on 1 and 2 were fantastic. I miss seeing the Ice Beam freeze up (especially since they left the corresponding sound effect in :???: ) but the controls were a dream. I could live without the stupid waggle of Prime 3, such as unlocking doors and that stupid power beam lasso crap, but even it was superior to the Gamecube's controls.

I never got why they didn't leave an option to control Prime 1/2 with the Wii CCP though..... seems like it would've been an easy enough option to switch on/off.

As for Prime 2.... I never had trouble with it. I can't say I was the biggest fan of the ammo system but it never caused me any problems. I know they toned it down on the Wii but I don't remember it being that bad on Gamecube either.
What are you doing posting here?

You lost your cag card.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/331811-captain-america-the-winter-soilder-blu-raydvd-offical-release-date-september-9/

I was told my copy of Buffy for Xbox 1 wasn't "really" used either. I don't understand why they'd do that if that's true...given the obvious fact they can sell stuff for more if it's NOT used, or have people be more likely to buy it for the same price...
It's very odd. Must be some legal loophole we're not privy to.

Heck yeah, Gamestop would profit at $20. Rather then $0 from me not buying them.
you != market.

Whats there to read? you said at least 40 and if wrong youd give up your cag card.

Posted a link to it being 30.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/331811-captain-america-the-winter-soilder-blu-raydvd-offical-release-date-september-9/?p=11831662
The movie that was being discussed isn't even out for another 3 months so it's amazing that you already found it on sale :roll: . I will ask again.... for the love of god, learn to read.

But, since you insist on getting your threads mixed up anyways.... funny how the ONE retailer that seems to have it available for preorder right now priced it at..... wait for it..... you guessed it, $39.99!

http://www.target.com/p/captain-america-winter-soldier-3d-blu-ray/-/A-15557659

Last edited:
Does it really matter what it sells for if I have no intention of EVER selling it? I've got a spare poorly functioning kidney I would sell before selling off my game collection. These are with me till the day I die.
I sold my sealed steelbook for $199, and bought one of the new printings (last year) because I don't give a shit about the steelbook. If a case is worth $100+ for someone I say let them have it. :D/

That's pretty much my policy as it comes to any "collectible" game or OOP movie.

I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy, didn't know it was a reprint. I was wondering how they had 5-6 copies at every gamestop I went to.

I sold my sealed steelbook for $199, and bought one of the new printings (last year) because I don't give a shit about the steelbook. If a case is worth $100+ for someone I say let them have it. :D/

That's pretty much my policy as it comes to any "collectible" game or OOP movie.
The steelbook is worth $20 to me. Conveniently enough that's what I paid for it.

I completely understand your point of view on it. In the end it is about having a copy to play, but I wouldn't downgrade to a non-steelbook copy unless it was an insane amount of money. A couple hundred dollars isn't enough to make me budge. It would literally have to be at least a couple grand. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy keeping it. It's not costing my any more than the $20 I paid for it to keep it and I'm good with that.

I can't say Xenoblade is rare around here, I was in a Gamestop yesterday that had 3 of them. Original box and instructions.

So should we come back in 6 months to talk about the possibility of there being a Dokapon Kingdom, Madden 13 & Cave Story reprint?

I can't say Xenoblade is rare around here, I was in a Gamestop yesterday that had 3 of them. Original box and instructions.
This is how stores are around here, except those three copies only represent the 10-15 they have in the drawer. Anyone who thinks these games, Dokapon Kingdom and Cave Story aren't reprints is either a fool, ignorant or both. Didn't stop me from picking up both of these with birthday coupons though.

bread's done
Back