• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1219100586256

I didn't see this, but if this is a repost, please delete. 

#2 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

i wonder what the gs tiv is for this lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#3 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

i wonder what the gs tiv is for this lol

Quick, to the app!

Posted Image

#4 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Is this any good?

#5 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

You Can't Stop Me

• CAGiversary!

Quick, to the app!

*android user cries*

#6 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

*android user cries*

It's alright, it's only $5  :-({|=

Posted Image

#7 Big D.

Big D.

Sac City Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

I rented this a while back. It's a lot of fun. Good controls, nice art style and reminds me of old school platformers, which are severely lacking these days. Definitely worth $8. 

Check out my gaming site at www.saccitygamer.com 

I'm an aspiring video games journalist. If you like the site, please support my future career and like the page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/saccitygamer and follow me on Twitter @SacCityGamer.

In regards to burnt 2DS "art" being sold on eBay: "I went into best buy to price match, they plugged one of their microwaves in and we blew up a 3ds (we felt 3 dimensions would burn better). Got with credit and gcu discount for cheap out the door." - loudlyrandomplay

#8 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Even at $8, I'm iffy on this monstrosity

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#9 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

Game looks like someone ate shit, then shit it back out
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

So many haters. Nothing revolutionary, but absolutely worth $8. Even moreso if you played the originals.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#11 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Yeah, don't bother with this.

I picked it up today and it's going back tomorrow.  The background and foreground blend way too much together, and the levels are just swamped with monsters.  More often then not I found myself getting hit because of something I couldn't even see or falling down a hole I didn't know existed.  There are even 1-hit kill monsters that in no way suggest that their even enemies, so cheap deaths seem to happen a lot.  Everything is a colorful mix of garbage thrown together.  There is no distinguishing between things in the game.

On top of that, the level design is just atrocious.  The goal is to pick up every red blob in every level, but their locations feel completely haphazard and poorly thought out.  There seemed to be whole sections of levels I didn't even need to explore because there were no blobs located there.

The game also has a floating mechanic, which pretty much completely invalidates any sort of platforming challenge to the game.  Instead it's almost just a mad scramble of a level with dozens of badguys attacking you from every direction and some lame combat that will get boring before the 10th level.

It's not worth $8, but much more importantly it's not worth 5-12 hours of your time.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#12 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

No stores near me have this unfortunately. I'd check this out for $10

#13 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

Did someone say Putty?

putty-patrollers-power-rangers.jpg

All kidding aside, this game looks terrible. It looks like one of those games that has about 100 copies at Half Price Books.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#14 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

I grabbed it for an easy/cheap platinum. 

#15 Hibiki Rush

Hibiki Rush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

Any potential of this being rare? Game looks awful but I have a fond nostalgia for the original on Amiga. Probably wouldn't even open this one.

#16 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:54 AM

Any potential of this being rare? Game looks awful but I have a fond nostalgia for the original on Amiga. Probably wouldn't even open this one.

LOL. Rare? Good one.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#17 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

No. This game will never become rare unless somebody forms a cult following for it. I highly doubt that.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#18 zebular

zebular

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

Bleh... I picked this up off ebay for like $10 a couple months back.  Reminded me of a crap flash game on newgrounds.

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#19 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, don't bother with this.

I picked it up today and it's going back tomorrow.  The background and foreground blend way too much together, and the levels are just swamped with monsters.  More often then not I found myself getting hit because of something I couldn't even see or falling down a hole I didn't know existed.  There are even 1-hit kill monsters that in no way suggest that their even enemies, so cheap deaths seem to happen a lot.  Everything is a colorful mix of garbage thrown together.  There is no distinguishing between things in the game.

On top of that, the level design is just atrocious.  The goal is to pick up every red blob in every level, but their locations feel completely haphazard and poorly thought out.  There seemed to be whole sections of levels I didn't even need to explore because there were no blobs located there.

The game also has a floating mechanic, which pretty much completely invalidates any sort of platforming challenge to the game.  Instead it's almost just a mad scramble of a level with dozens of badguys attacking you from every direction and some lame combat that will get boring before the 10th level.

It's not worth $8, but much more importantly it's not worth 5-12 hours of your time.

It trades back in currently at $9 at Best Buy (9.90 with 10% bonus), 8.40 at Amazon.

default.png2.png

#20 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

so its slight profit and you get rz points from buying it and trading it (unless you use trade credit) lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#21 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Been waiting for this to get cheap. Bought one; thanks OP

#22 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

European PC platforms? Yuck, no thanks.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#23 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Yeah man this could become rare!

And in 20 years your 10 dollar game could be worth up to 40 dollars!

Its every CAGs dream, to buy a game and have it be worth its original MSRP in 10-20 years.

#24 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Wow, that's cheap!

I'm tempted even though I already bought it for Vita.

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#25 segasonic128

segasonic128

Segasonic

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

haha good one!    yes, find those game diamonds in the rough!      I have found some gold mines lately!    ; )