Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PS3? Me thinks Hell has frozen over...

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
1up.com did an interview with Tetsuya Nomura (director of Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children).

"For the first time ever, Nomura admitted freely that, should he find the time once all of his current projects are completed, he would like to take the mouth-watering Final Fantasy VII tech demo for PlayStation 3 and turn it into the complete remake for which fans of the original have been clamoring for years."

Link with video interview: http://egm.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143672&did=2

Discuss!!

[quote name='Ledhed']I'd rather see some sort of sequel rather than a remake.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure down the road they probably will make a sequal. I want something FF8 done. Movie, remake, sequal, SOMETHING!

[quote name='Ledhed']I'd rather see some sort of sequel rather than a remake.[/QUOTE]

They are making a sequel in a sense - Derge of Cerberus with Vincent.

[quote name='Ecofreak']They are making a sequel in a sense - Derge of Cerberus with Vincent.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking sequel-sequel, not cash-in on everyone's boner for Vincent.

[quote name='Ledhed']I'm talking sequel-sequel, not cash-in on everyone's boner for Vincent.[/QUOTE]

If they made a sequel people would call it a cash in just like some call advent children nothing but a cash in.

I think a bunch of spin offs is actually pretty cool. An anime movie, and 2 games help expand the world which you dont get to see for many rpgs.

How many fucking spinoffs of the FFVII franchise do we need? Not everyone loves this game. I'd rather they'd do spinoffs of any other FF game, as it is my least favorite. It's just getting ridiculous. I always thought Nomura was a tool, and this just solidifies my opinion further.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They are really grasping at straws trying to keep a false hope alive that FFVII will be remade. Square has made it clear that its very unlikely it will get remade.

Speaking to EGM Square-Enix have reportedly denied ideas of a Final Fantasy VII remake for the Playstation3, suggesting that to match the quality of the E3 tech-demo would require a team of at least 300 members and likely take in excess of five years to create!

A glimmer of hope stems from Tetsuya Nomura Director Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, who claims that it could be an interesting proposition but there’s simply too much in the pipeline at present.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How many fucking spinoffs of the FFVII franchise do we need? Not everyone loves this game. I'd rather they'd do spinoffs of any other FF game, as it is my least favorite. It's just getting ridiculous. I always thought Nomura was a tool, and this just solidifies my opinion further.[/QUOTE]

So don't buy the spinoffs. Square (like everyone else) likes money.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How many fucking spinoffs of the FFVII franchise do we need? Not everyone loves this game. I'd rather they'd do spinoffs of any other FF game, as it is my least favorite. It's just getting ridiculous. I always thought Nomura was a tool, and this just solidifies my opinion further.[/QUOTE]

How many spin-offs are there? The movie, Derge of Cerberus, and the mobile game. Granted - it seems like a lot but if they're quality products I see no reason to immediately lambast them.

[quote name='argyle']They'd be crazy not to remake it - it would be like printing money for them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The demand is high.

Dear Square,

We gamers don't want remakes and spinoffs we want new games and series.

Sencerily,
Gamers (i.e. not fanboys)

[quote name='spoo']Dear Square,

Sencerily,
Gamers (i.e. not fanboys)[/QUOTE]

Fanboys are gamers too. I think that's very unfair to say that.

I don't want remakes and spinoffs I want new games and series.

Sencerily,
Spoo[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Oh, and it's sincerely

ya know, people who say they dont want it, then dont worry about it because you wont buy it, millions of people will, and people who have given up on square, they also dont have to worry because they can go buy nippon ichi or something, and people who do want it are the only one that matter because they will fork over the cash and people who want ffvi remakes have a long wait because it didnt sell and revolutionize the gaming world like ffvii so too bad and just enjoy it, i thought people like sprites better than the ffvii polygons anyway, AND ANOTHER THING, vote kerry

Sencerily,
Gamers (i.e. not fanboys)[/QUOTE]

Remakes worked great for Resident Evil on the Gamecube, Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES, Final Fantasy Origins on the PS One, Final Fantasy I and II for GBA. I have no problem with them as long as they are well done.

[quote name='iheartmetal']ya know, people who say they dont want it, then dont worry about it because you wont buy it, millions of people will, and people who have given up on square, they also dont have to worry because they can go buy nippon ichi or something, and people who do want it are the only one that matter because they will fork over the cash and people who want ffvi remakes have a long wait because it didnt sell and revolutionize the gaming world like ffvii so too bad and just enjoy it, i thought people like sprites better than the ffvii polygons anyway, AND ANOTHER THING, vote kerry[/QUOTE]

Don't blame me! I voted for Kodos! :lol:

I have to agree though. There are SO many RPGs from companies other than SquareEnix that this should be a non-issue for people against it. Let's not forget those Enix games either.

It wouldn't be an issue to me, except that it'll generate so much hype and all the god awfully annoying FF7 fanboys will come out of the woodwork. Not saying all people who like FF7 are like this, but there's enough of them to make a remake of this game unbearable for me.

[quote name='Genocidal']It wouldn't be an issue to me, except that it'll generate so much hype and all the god awfully annoying FF7 fanboys will come out of the woodwork. Not saying all people who like FF7 are like this, but there's enough of them to make a remake of this game unbearable for me.[/QUOTE]

dont spend so much time on message boards then... its not like you have to deal with these people at mervyns

[quote name='GuilewasNK']

[/QUOTE]

nice :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Remakes worked great for Resident Evil on the Gamecube, Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES, Final Fantasy Origins on the PS One, Final Fantasy I and II for GBA. I have no problem with them as long as they are well done.

I have to agree though. There are SO many RPGs from companies other than SquareEnix that this should be a non-issue for people against it. Let's not forget those Enix games either.[/QUOTE]

041104kodos8dk.jpg

This saying is even a shirt!

[quote name='iheartmetal']dont spend so much time on message boards then... its not like you have to deal with these people at mervyns[/QUOTE]

It's not just message boards though, it'd be all over campus where I'm living right now, and I'm sure there'd be at least one commercial every commercial break.

I think with the stir that SE has been causing, a remake at this point is pretty much inevitable. They know the majority of the FFVII fans want one...and would easily shell out $60 for a remake (assuming PS3 games will go for that price).

Sure, the remake might not come out for the PS3, but it's going to happen sometime in our lives...maybe for the PS4. I know Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase has expressed interest in developing a remake in interviews. They pretty much said that after they're done with their current projects, they'd be interested in remaking FFVII.

SE has done technical demos for FFVIII and VI as well, but the point here is that they took an 8 year old game to show off the PS3's graphics. Since PS3's next Final Fantasy title is "to be determined", could it possibly be the FFVII remake that we've all been waiting for!? I'm not gonna get too optimistic here.

You better believe that I'm gonna be the first person to reserve this game if it's ever announced. I'll buy two copies! One to play, one to cuddle with in my sleep. FFVII

[quote name='y2kenjination']You better believe that I'm gonna be the first person to reserve this game if it's ever announced. I'll buy two copies! One to play, one to cuddle with in my sleep. FFVII

is there anyone here who has seen advent children aside from me? also, they are releasing an ff7 game for psp, i forget what it's called, but it's about Nebelhiem. it's already released as an anime movie in japan with the advent children dvd.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I don't know if I should be impressed by your dedication to this series or freaked out by it.[/QUOTE]
BE IMPRESSED! :D

Yes, I've seen Advent Children. The game they're releasing for the PSP is called "FFVII: Crisis Core".

[quote name='Ecofreak']1up.com did an interview with Tetsuya Nomura (director of Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children).

"For the first time ever, Nomura admitted freely that, should he find the time once all of his current projects are completed, he would like to take the mouth-watering Final Fantasy VII tech demo for PlayStation 3 and turn it into the complete remake for which fans of the original have been clamoring for years."

Link with video interview: http://egm.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143672&did=2

Discuss!![/QUOTE]

THEN something must be wrong with the FF series, why a remake of FFVII, and not another boring sequel?

[quote name='hcamacho']THEN something must be wrong with the FF series, why a remake of FFVII, and not another boring sequel?[/QUOTE]
Because Advent Children was technically the sequel...and Dirge of Cerberus. No sequel can be as bad as the crap that was FFX-2

first, technicaly, it's not a sequel, it's a prequal....secondly, does anyone know where i could download the orignal anime for the game? the only other place i can find it is bit torrent....

[quote name='smalien1']Jeez. Do it for the PSP instead- I want to play it portably not with better graphics.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

VI or VII, those are the only remakes worth doing in my opinion. But either way lets be honest, Square is going to do this regardless, it will be for the money and all for the money.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Wow, a game I beat almost 10 years ago. I can not wait to throw out $50 plus for the candy coating called graphics![/QUOTE]
Me neither! ;)

[quote name='the3rdkey']Wow, a game I beat almost 10 years ago. I can not wait to throw out $50 plus for the candy coating called graphics![/QUOTE]

1. The game came out in late 97. That's not almost 10 years.

2. You don't have to pay $50. You know the game will drop in price.

I have been hoping for a sequel for years and the thought of a remake (after seeing the FFVII tech demo) made me think it was possible.

But after seeing the tech demo a few times and seeing more & more of FFVII AC, I realized that I would HATE a remake. Why? FFVII was a classic for it's time and it can still hold it's own... no need for a graphical update.

Now, gimme a damn sequel in playable form!:D

bread's done
Back