• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

#1861 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

he sells games whenever amazon ships them to him

stopped by there today. 400 for a metal gear solid 3 subsistence collectors sealed. i would get it if it was 300 dollars cheaper :(

#1862 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

stopped by there today. 400 for a metal gear solid 3 subsistence collectors sealed. i would get it if it was 300 dollars cheaper :(

lolololololololo i wonder waht the trade in value is

#1863 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

This was posted in the parent forum (West) but I don't recall seeing it posted here, which is probably the most relevant audience:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295206

Direct link:
http://www.southtownarcade.com/

447 Stockton in SF.

I'll try to check it out soon, unlike that place up Powell that apparently opened and closed before I ever got the chance to lay eyes on it.

Thanks to 62t for the post.

#1864 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

i recently found out that there remodeling the metreon and the arcade either closed down for good or for re-modeling....sad to hear since the sony playstation store closed down over a year ago

good news - there will be a new target at the metreon

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#1865 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

That arcade sounds amazing. What a lineup! Definitely putting it on my list for this weekend or the next to show some support.

Think $100 is enough to beat Ikaruga?

#1866 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Anyone know of any arcades that have a lot of claw machines/prize winning machines? They have a few of them down in Socal and wondering if anyone knows if there's any up here. I'd suspect there might be one hidden in a asia-town type area as that's how it was in Socal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1867 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

Reposted from the arcades thread:

Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet, a new arcade opened in San Mateo a few months ago. It's called Gamecenter and has a pretty good selection of games, plus a $7 all-day fighting games pass and a side room with TVs you can hook consoles to. It's largely fighting games and Gundam vs. Gundam, but they have a few shooters, D&D Tower of Doom, Virtua Cop 3, and a free-play cocktail cab with a bunch of older games on it. Pretty excellent.

A sweet bonus is that it's literally right around the corner from the Off the Grid food trucks on Monday, so you can grab some awesome food and then play arcade games all evening. That's probably what I'm doing tomorrow.

Keep an eye our for special events (tournaments, game happy hours, etc.) on their Facebook or Twitter at @GCAracde.

Read my short write-up (with photos) or listen to me repeat pretty much everything I just said on VGHangover below:

Off the Grid is crazy, by the way. If you haven't been able to make it to one of the ones in SF/Oakland/Berkeley, San Mateo's is smaller but there's still more than enough food options. Korritos!

#1868 imamanwithaplan

imamanwithaplan

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

FYI, if anyone wants a good alternative to gamestop, go to CeX. They seem to have good trade in values and they take all kinds of electronics. I just sold a cell phone, zune and a bunch of games

webuy.com is their website

#1869 shimz

shimz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

Yo -
Any SF people seen early copies of Gears 3 floatin' around?
I hear 7-11 is sellin' it early in various states...haven't checked any in the city myself tho..
Would be cool to have the game before next tuesday/wednesday

#1870 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Anyone going to the Uncharted 3 preview event on Tuesday, 10/18 at the Metreon? I'll be there but I'm looking for another ticket as well. If you have one and you decide not to go for whatever reason, send me a PM!

#1871 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'm gonna go on tuesday the 18th. Don't have an extra ticket sadly. Looks like we're in the same boat. Was gonna take the misses with me but before I could get a second ticket they sold out.

I guess I'll see you there Metaly

#1872 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Anyone going to the Uncharted 3 preview event on Tuesday, 10/18 at the Metreon? I'll be there but I'm looking for another ticket as well. If you have one and you decide not to go for whatever reason, send me a PM!

so how was it? What time did it start? Who was there from naughty dog? Any cool prizes/Schwag beyond what's been mentioned in the main thread?

#1873 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

I was first there around 2pm and the event didn't even get started till almost 7:20. They were having issues with registration. Then issues with the tournament. It was a complete mess. I however was first there so I got to be team Drake's leader. I also was in the first team to loose for the night. I was forced to play on a 3d tv and not able to change any of the assists cause I was the host and they wanted to be in control.

The previous Uncharted 2 event was much cooler and the two guys from Naughty Dog were basically retelling stuff that's already been released in videos about the production of the game.

For the time and money spent to go up to SF for this event it was not worth it.

#1874 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

Damn, 2 PM??

Just seconding that the event was super disorganized. They showed footage/3D gameplay/did Q&A with I think an environment modeler and texture artist for a while, then "started" the tournament around 8. It took 40 minutes to get through the first three rounds, and they were only five minutes long each. They didn't even have the big screen on for maybe half an hour. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow's events go a little smoother.

I thought the 3D gameplay demo actually looked pretty good on the theater screen, but I was on one of the 3D TVs for the tournament and it was pretty blurry and disorienting. My team lost our first round, so after that it was just a bunch of sitting around and watching people play. Kind of a disappointing event.

The coolest thing they raffled off was one of those new official headsets, and I was just two numbers away from winning it. :cold: That would have made my night.

#1875 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:55 AM

Did they give out anything?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1876 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

bump whats up everyone?
Currently Playing: Halo Reach, Black Ops, New Vegas

#1877 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Since some videogame fans have this odd affliction:
http://www.j-pop.com/2012/

Today's the last day. Put on a schoolgirl outfit, dye your hair some color not in nature and stick a bow in it, and make your eyes as big as saucers!

#1878 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

bump

#1879 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

I've got some passes left for the Wii U Experience this Friday in SF from 8-9:30 PM. They'll have New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, and probably some other games to try out. Let me know ASAP if you're interested. 17 and up.

#1880 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hello bay area caggers

I'm wondering if any of you are planning on going out for Black Friday/Brown Thursday this year. I'm looking for someone to team up with in the south bay to hit up Walmart. Tag teaming that stuff so we can get everything we want together. If anyone is up for that let me know.

#1881 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Bump

#1882 Tetsugen

Tetsugen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

hey guys i'm visiting the bay next week and was wondering if any of you could suggest some good restaurants and used game stores (for Gameboy Advance stuff) ? I'll be staying at Fishermans wharf but will have a car

#1883 iDuL

iDuL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

I live in South San Francisco and work deep in the city of SF.