Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sykotek']Bad experiences at SF area Gamestop (skip if you're tired of these), buyers beware:

So, I dropped by my local Gamestop today to pick up my Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition preorder. Nope, I got played, they sold it. WTF. This is pretty freakin ridiculous since its only the first day.

Apparently, the DM told the store managers to sell through their collector's edition preorders and said the Palo Alto store had more. I was pretty upset because I preorderd my copy and now had nothing to show for it, I do half my preorders with Gamestop and the other with Amazon, this would've never happened with the 'zon.

Anyways, so the manager called up the store to get one transferred. Nope, zero in stock. To his credit, he apologized and called up almost every store in the area and I forgave him, it wasn't his fault his boss is an idiot. I swear, there is probably a contest where the DM gets money if they sell through in his district. Either way, Gamestops here are shady shady shady, not the first time I've heard this happen south of SF either, its not uncommon for it to happen with big titles like CoD or Reach, but it is definitely the first time it has happened to me with a collector's edition.

Ended up having to drive and pick it up about 15 miles north to another Gamestop where they were also selling through their preordered CE copies also (sorry to you other CE preorder customer, the cycle continues) and the guy behind the counter tried to sell me one that was already opened! Way to take a crap on your customers Gamestop. Incompetence up and down the line, seriously where do they hire these people?

What is the point of preordering at Gamestop if you're just gonna go and sell my preorder before the 1st day is up? ...and you wonder why you're not doing as well business wise. Anyways, this is just a word of warning to you SF Bay Area CAGs. Make sure you get there when the store opens if you're preordering other titles or the 3DS, I'm pretty confident they'll probably be pulling this same exact thing.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='steve nash']Poketour in sanjose is amazing. So much jailbait ass all around[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a better bet than that Capcom launch event. Line around the block even 30 minutes after it was scheduled to start, and from the looks of it, more sausage than Oktoberfest.

[quote name='gantt']Sounds like a better bet than that Capcom launch event. Line around the block even 30 minutes after it was scheduled to start, and from the looks of it, more sausage than Oktoberfest.[/QUOTE]

girl raichu was hot but slutty misty was the best

I just want to get my hands on Homefront and play it a bit. I hope they announce early enough what times they'll be there cause I'm traveling from southbay up there to check it out.

[quote name='gantt']I'm sure this bit of marketing genius was funded AFTER THQ compensated all the devs at KAOS who crunched for 6 months.

Dunno about you guys, but before I check Metacritic or see what CAGs have to say, my first question about a new game is how's their food truck?[/QUOTE]

do you really wanna know??? :puke:

if anyone finds out.....let us know

Just came back from the Gears of War 3 multiplayer press event in S.F.. It's a prelude to the 6-hour Microsoft Showcase they're holding tomorrow. Cliffy B was there plus a special guest. I can give more details when the embargo lifts tomorrow night.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Just came back from the Gears of War 3 multiplayer press event in S.F.. It's a prelude to the 6-hour Microsoft Showcase they're holding tomorrow. Cliffy B was there plus a special guest. I can give more details when the embargo lifts tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

howd it go?

[quote name='steve nash'][quote name='bluedotlounge']Just came back from the Gears of War 3 multiplayer press event in S.F.. It's a prelude to the 6-hour Microsoft Showcase they're holding tomorrow. Cliffy B was there plus a special guest. I can give more details when the embargo lifts tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]howd it go?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold my breath; the poster hasn't exactly been responsive in the past. You can find a writeup from the same outfit at the link below - if you can stand their obnoxious site that evades multiple pop-up blockers:
http://www.examiner.com/xbox-360-in-national/microsoft-pre-gdc-press-event-disappoints

[quote name='aleraiders']when will we see the sun???[/QUOTE]

We're gamers. With backlogs. What is this "sun" you speak of? Sounds dangerous.

[quote name='aleraiders']when will we see the sun???[/QUOTE]

I'm loving the rain. It was great waking up this morning to all the rain coming down. Popped in Dead Space Aftermath and chilled in bed resting my tailbone from a weekend in Tahoe.

[quote name='humidore']I think a new game shop opened in downtown Hayward. I saw it on my way to work. 22540 Mission Blvd, right next to (in between?) Chalk It Up billiards.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

ive been there they spam craigslist with ads constantly

prices are exactly the same as gamestop new and used, for the most part their selection sucks though

unless you haggle with the guy he will offer you gs tivs or less, im pretty sure hes on here lurking bc hes all over sudden price drops

they do have a disk buffer though which is cool bc its cheaper than the gamestop refurb charges.

theres no way this fool is making money, i bet its the same story as star games which closed up in SF. its a front for money laundering

[quote name='steve nash']ive been there they spam craigslist with ads constantly

prices are exactly the same as gamestop new and used, for the most part their selection sucks though

unless you haggle with the guy he will offer you gs tivs or less, im pretty sure hes on here lurking bc hes all over sudden price drops

they do have a disk buffer though which is cool bc its cheaper than the gamestop refurb charges.

theres no way this fool is making money, i bet its the same story as star games which closed up in SF. its a front for money laundering[/QUOTE]

hmmm..wonder if they sell games early. :D

[quote name='steve nash']he sells games whenever amazon ships them to him[/QUOTE]

stopped by there today. 400 for a metal gear solid 3 subsistence collectors sealed. i would get it if it was 300 dollars cheaper :(

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']stopped by there today. 400 for a metal gear solid 3 subsistence collectors sealed. i would get it if it was 300 dollars cheaper :([/QUOTE]

lolololololololo i wonder waht the trade in value is

i recently found out that there remodeling the metreon and the arcade either closed down for good or for re-modeling....sad to hear since the sony playstation store closed down over a year ago

good news - there will be a new target at the metreon

That arcade sounds amazing. What a lineup! Definitely putting it on my list for this weekend or the next to show some support.

Think $100 is enough to beat Ikaruga?

Anyone know of any arcades that have a lot of claw machines/prize winning machines? They have a few of them down in Socal and wondering if anyone knows if there's any up here. I'd suspect there might be one hidden in a asia-town type area as that's how it was in Socal.

Reposted from the arcades thread:

[quote name='metaly']Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet, a new arcade opened in San Mateo a few months ago. It's called Gamecenter and has a pretty good selection of games, plus a $7 all-day fighting games pass and a side room with TVs you can hook consoles to. It's largely fighting games and Gundam vs. Gundam, but they have a few shooters, D&D Tower of Doom, Virtua Cop 3, and a free-play cocktail cab with a bunch of older games on it. Pretty excellent.

A sweet bonus is that it's literally right around the corner from the Off the Grid food trucks on Monday, so you can grab some awesome food and then play arcade games all evening. That's probably what I'm doing tomorrow.

Keep an eye our for special events (tournaments, game happy hours, etc.) on their Facebook or Twitter at @GCAracde.

Read my short write-up (with photos) or listen to me repeat pretty much everything I just said on VGHangover below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dLxzCPSmDk[/QUOTE]

Off the Grid is crazy, by the way. If you haven't been able to make it to one of the ones in SF/Oakland/Berkeley, San Mateo's is smaller but there's still more than enough food options. Korritos!

FYI, if anyone wants a good alternative to gamestop, go to CeX. They seem to have good trade in values and they take all kinds of electronics. I just sold a cell phone, zune and a bunch of games

webuy.com is their website

Yo -
Any SF people seen early copies of Gears 3 floatin' around?
I hear 7-11 is sellin' it early in various states...haven't checked any in the city myself tho..
Would be cool to have the game before next tuesday/wednesday

Anyone going to the Uncharted 3 preview event on Tuesday, 10/18 at the Metreon? I'll be there but I'm looking for another ticket as well. If you have one and you decide not to go for whatever reason, send me a PM!

I'm gonna go on tuesday the 18th. Don't have an extra ticket sadly. Looks like we're in the same boat. Was gonna take the misses with me but before I could get a second ticket they sold out.

I guess I'll see you there Metaly

[quote name='metaly']Anyone going to the Uncharted 3 preview event on Tuesday, 10/18 at the Metreon? I'll be there but I'm looking for another ticket as well. If you have one and you decide not to go for whatever reason, send me a PM![/QUOTE]

so how was it? What time did it start? Who was there from naughty dog? Any cool prizes/Schwag beyond what's been mentioned in the main thread?

I was first there around 2pm and the event didn't even get started till almost 7:20. They were having issues with registration. Then issues with the tournament. It was a complete mess. I however was first there so I got to be team Drake's leader. I also was in the first team to loose for the night. I was forced to play on a 3d tv and not able to change any of the assists cause I was the host and they wanted to be in control.

The previous Uncharted 2 event was much cooler and the two guys from Naughty Dog were basically retelling stuff that's already been released in videos about the production of the game.

For the time and money spent to go up to SF for this event it was not worth it.

Damn, 2 PM??

Just seconding that the event was super disorganized. They showed footage/3D gameplay/did Q&A with I think an environment modeler and texture artist for a while, then "started" the tournament around 8. It took 40 minutes to get through the first three rounds, and they were only five minutes long each. They didn't even have the big screen on for maybe half an hour. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow's events go a little smoother.

I thought the 3D gameplay demo actually looked pretty good on the theater screen, but I was on one of the 3D TVs for the tournament and it was pretty blurry and disorienting. My team lost our first round, so after that it was just a bunch of sitting around and watching people play. Kind of a disappointing event.

The coolest thing they raffled off was one of those new official headsets, and I was just two numbers away from winning it. :cold: That would have made my night.

I've got some passes left for the Wii U Experience this Friday in SF from 8-9:30 PM. They'll have New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, and probably some other games to try out. Let me know ASAP if you're interested. 17 and up.

Hello bay area caggers

I'm wondering if any of you are planning on going out for Black Friday/Brown Thursday this year. I'm looking for someone to team up with in the south bay to hit up Walmart. Tag teaming that stuff so we can get everything we want together. If anyone is up for that let me know.

hey guys i'm visiting the bay next week and was wondering if any of you could suggest some good restaurants and used game stores (for Gameboy Advance stuff) ? I'll be staying at Fishermans wharf but will have a car

bread's done
Back