Xbox 360 Kiosk Sightings

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if it's appropriate to put this in a deals place but I'd be interested in any Xbox 360 Kiosk sightings in West.

Currently havent seen any in LA (wow I just noticed west doesnt include seattle, something just seems strange about that D:, guess i'm just used to the term west coast)

According to Joystiq some West ones (thanks dreamvsps2)

Bakersfield, CA
Elk Grove, CA (pending setup)
Highlands Ranch, CO
Layton, UT (pending setup)

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/xbox360kiosks

There's a frapper for finding one.
Only 3 listed there in West so far

Here is a supposed list from joystiq.com

Confirmed at:

Huntsville, AL (call ahead! one reader couldn’t find it)
Benton, AR
Rogers, AR
Bakersfield, CA
Elk Grove, CA (pending setup)
Highlands Ranch, CO
Naugatuck, CT (maybe not? call ahead)
New Milford, CT
Ames, IA
Davenport, IA (soon)
Dubuque, IA
Boise, ID
Moscow, ID
Addison, IL
DeKalb, IL
Palatine, IL
Peoria, IL (pending setup)
Carmel, IN (pending setup)
Indianapolis, IN
Kendallville, IN
Terre Haute, IN
Lawrence, KS
Clairmont, NH (pending setup)
Lebanon, NH (pending setup)
Louisville, KY
Sanford, ME
Eldersburg, MD
Owings Mills, MD (pending setup)
Columbia, Missouri (pending setup)
Lansing, MI
Ypsilanti, MI
Coon Rapids, MN
Fridley, MN
Hastings, MN
Hermantown, MN
St. Anthony, MN (call ahead! one reader couldn’t find it)
Farmington, MO (on Monday)
Harrisonville, MO
Fulton, MS
Pascagoula, MS (pending setup)
Lincoln, NE
Neptune, NJ
Phillipsburg, NJ
Secaucus, NJ (by Friday)
Tunersville, NJ (by Friday)
Grove, OK
Stillwater, OK
Clackamas, OR (pending setup)
State College, PA
Myrtle Beach, SC
Chattanooga, TN
Kingsport, TN
Layton, UT (pending setup)
Colonial Heights, VA
Auburn, WA
Kennewick, WA
Lacey, WA
Spokane, WA
Eau Claire, WI
Hudson, WI
Sun Prairie, WI
Barboursville, WV

We had better be able to put music in these kiosks or I'll be pissed.

Because working at Gamestop without music sucks.

Its my understanding that Walmart and Gamespot are the first to have this Kiosks. All other stores will follow...

[quote name='Xevious']Its my understanding that Walmart and Gamespot are the first to have this Kiosks. All other stores will follow...[/QUOTE]

Your understanding, or Gamespot's News Headlines understanding?

Some GameCrazy locations will have them by the end of this month.

Bloomington, IN has one going strong over at the College Mall off of 3rd (EBGames).

Lines are short and the demos are plentiful.

Just had Tri-County Mall EBgames in Ohio. They had it set up and running some informational system demo thing. The workers said the disc was messed up or something so nothing was playable.

Every Wal-Mart should have them up now...Ive seen them at a few local stores. Way to go with putting the TVs so high up! It makes playing the 360 like looking up to the sky.

Best Buy in Oxnard, CA has their 360 kiosk going. Played it and wow unimpressive. Call of Duty 2 looked better on my PC.

On a semi-related note, one of the guys working there said they've already gotten their launch shipment of 360s. They aren't taking pre-orders and there's no launch party. People who want one and didn't pre-order might wanna go there.

That is, if I don't get to it first. I have plenty of crowbars, Jimmy knows how to get around a retail security system and my friend Ted has more less-lethal ammunition than the entire Los Angeles Police Department. Who wants to drive getaway?

A lot of the SAN JOSE, CA Best Buy locations have them set up now.

I for one actually liked it. (played King Kong demo & COD2 demo) It basically ran like a high-end PC & the controllers feel niiiiiiiiiiiice. Maybe because there has been so much bashing about it that I didn't have these super-high expectations....but I was quite pleased.

Confirmed at the WalMart on South Hill, Puyallup, WA. Didn't play but watched some kids rocking a demo of COD2. Looked like a good PC. Very smooth...what I noticed was the backgrounds - things off in the distance had a lot more detail, and no slow down. Seemed more evolutionary than revolutionary, but still very, very cool. Sharp looking machine in person, too.

[quote name='Logain8955']Best Buy in Oxnard, CA has their 360 kiosk going. Played it and wow unimpressive. Call of Duty 2 looked better on my PC.

On a semi-related note, one of the guys working there said they've already gotten their launch shipment of 360s. They aren't taking pre-orders and there's no launch party. People who want one and didn't pre-order might wanna go there.

That is, if I don't get to it first. I have plenty of crowbars, Jimmy knows how to get around a retail security system and my friend Ted has more less-lethal ammunition than the entire Los Angeles Police Department. Who wants to drive getaway?[/QUOTE]

Hey...I was at that BB the other day as well (Im there every few days). They got them in already? I doubt it. Its most likley an uninformed BB employee. I find it hard to beleive BB would get systems when they have no pre-order system at all, while actual gaming stores wouldn't get them. Oh well.

[quote name='gizmogc']Hey...I was at that BB the other day as well (Im there every few days). They got them in already? I doubt it. Its most likley an uninformed BB employee. I find it hard to beleive BB would get systems when they have no pre-order system at all, while actual gaming stores wouldn't get them. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You know the super hyper guy that works there that gets bloody annoying after about 30 seconds? He's the one who said it, so he was probably wrong.

Oh well, it set up an okay joke about theft :)

I live in the San Fernando Valley, and every Wal-Mart, EB Games, GameStop, and Comp USA I go into has them set up. My recommendation is to play it at Comp USA. They have it on the best screen.

bread's done
Back