Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#31 jmercado316

jmercado316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

This might be a a little too far from you guys that live in DC/maryland, but I use to live in Northern VA, near Potomac Mills. There is a pawn shop, called Pawn USA. I went there for years and they have alot of games from various systems. The prices are good and the staff is friendly. Just thought I mention it...

#32 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

check out circuit city in gaithersburg next to the mva.. I found resident evil 0 marked for 49.99 but rings 9.96. there are other games that can be bought cheaper if you knw the prices. everything in that store is a mess but u can come out ahead if you look and knw the prices.

Do they have a price scanner in store that you can check $ on or do you just have to go to the register and hope for the best, ala Russian Roulette?

As an aside, about a month ago I checked the bargain bucket at EB in Montgomery mall, and snagged ESPN college hoops for $8. Lots o' oldie/moldies, but not too shabby.

#33 adamsappel

adamsappel

lives Off The Grid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:59 PM

I'm in Gaithersburg, MD.
Posted Image

#34 fitzcain

fitzcain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

EB games in montgomery mall, surprised it is still there...havent been in there in over a year, rude/poorly informed employees everytime. Always this one spindly black guy with bad teeth in there......always kinda rude, wonder what there hiring criteria are......do you know pacman? you do? good...your hired.

On the flipside, the EB games on shady grove road, fallsgrove branch, i believe, has very cool employees, dont give a hassle when you want to see other copies of used games (if the first is hosed up).....just goes right down and gets them and helps. Pretty much the only eb I ever go to now.

Used to live on muddy branch road in gaithersburg, but now live in frederick....lots of good places to check out if you know your way around.
"How about a slice of your righteous combat pie?" (The Tick upon first meeting Arthur)

#35 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

Geez, the Gaithersburg and CAG connection is growing. Seems like there are a ton of us in this area. I never thought of this being a vg friendly area. Figures considering the fact that this whole area is over-populated.

#36 WriterDan

WriterDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:33 AM

I mostly lurk, but it's good to know the DC gamer population isn't as scarce as it seems. I'm in Rockville, BTW.

#37 adidas

adidas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:10 AM

Do they have a price scanner in store that you can check $ on or do you just have to go to the register and hope for the best, ala Russian Roulette?

As an aside, about a month ago I checked the bargain bucket at EB in Montgomery mall, and snagged ESPN college hoops for $8. Lots o' oldie/moldies, but not too shabby.

you have to knw the prices and the other thing is get a print out of the markdowns in the videogamedeal thread from before. because i saw a lot of old titles that should go for cheap.

#38 killer_xx

killer_xx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:37 AM

I live in the Wash DC area near the green line metro station Petworth Georgia Ave. not to far from sliver spring station, Pentagon City and 40 mins from Rockville and when there a good gaming deal going on i will travel far and also a good CAG

#39 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:50 PM

Anyone checked out the local KB stores for the buy 1 get 1 free. I am going to PG Plaza one and Columbia today. I will post my finds.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#40 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:35 PM

Anyone checked out the local KB stores for the buy 1 get 1 free. I am going to PG Plaza one and Columbia today. I will post my finds.

I haven't found anything at KB. I've been to the now defunct one in Frederick and the one in Lakeforest Mall....I was late to the party this time around, so the KBs may have been ravaged earlier....on the KB website there is mention of a KB in Rockville, but I have no idea where it is. I'm sure that being that it is Rockville that it was pillaged the weekend of BF.

#41 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:59 PM

Greenbelt KB is a no go.
Fear the Turtle!

#42 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

Harford Mall (MD) is confirmed on the Buy 1 Get 1. Mostly Gamecube, but some PSP sports games. There were a considerable amount of GBA games.

#43 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:06 AM

Hey...
I'm going to be in DC in January for the march for life and was wondering if there were any good mom and pop stores anywhere around DC.

#44 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:15 AM

Hey...
I'm going to be in DC in January for the march for life and was wondering if there were any good mom and pop stores anywhere around DC.

Short answer...no.

#45 nevposey

nevposey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:30 PM

I DC as well and there ain't much around

#46 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

that's a letdown...

#47 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

The only luck I have ever had with KB is the one in PG Plaza.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#48 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:38 AM

Just went to Target and found NASCAR 2005 and NHL 2005 for the Xbox- $7.48. They also had Gretsky hockey for the PSP for $7.48.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#49 Biff Lugnut

Biff Lugnut

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

Springfield Mall's got the KB 1:1 thing going, but the selection bites.

#50 sportsgamer

sportsgamer

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

hey, i work at the mall in springfield mall in northern VA

sports gamer

#51 sportsgamer

sportsgamer

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

sports gamer

#52 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

The KB in Dulles Towncenter is doing the B1G1 but the selection is fairly crumbtastic. I did see a few copies of Mario Kart DS, but that was about it.

#53 elprincipe

elprincipe

NES > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:51 AM

sports gamer

What store do you work at?
I'm for leaving the status quo behind.
Tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...read.php?t=8069
Guide Tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=37143
SSBB friend code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add me and want me to add you!)

#54 bradr

bradr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:33 AM

There's nothing at the KB at Ballston. They literally had one small case of videogames (for all systems) and that case wasn't even full. They either got ransacked or sent all the games away. The only things I saw of interest were some DS games (Need for Speed, Nintendogs, Frogger, Harry Potter). All the console and GBA games were cheap low budget stuff to begin with that no one wants. Save yourself the trip and the parking money.

#55 deideis

deideis

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:21 AM

Get 'em while they're hot! 98 cent 2-pack Star Wars PS2 controllers at the Columbia, MD TRU! The guy has to get them from the R-zone stock room.

There should still be some left, but you may want to call beforehand. They've been in the back room, so they haven't *all* been snatched up...

#56 pds319

pds319

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:32 AM

Sup ppl. I'm over here in District Heights, MD and I work at the Eb Games in Bowie Town Center. Come on in sometime. We've got Guitar Heroes on display and it kicks so much ass!
Running with scissors is fun until you poke your eye out. If you poke someone elses eye out, it's still mildly funny.
Posted Image

#57 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:39 PM

KB in PG Plaza had nothing again. The Target next to the mall always has nice clearance stuff in the music section.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#58 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:58 PM

Sup ppl. I'm over here in District Heights, MD and I work at the Eb Games in Bowie Town Center. Come on in sometime. We've got Guitar Heroes on display and it kicks so much ass!

You're not the crazy guy that works there, are you? I used to live in District Heights and bought my PS2 from the Bowie EB. There was a clerk there who was hyper and way too enthusiastic about his job. Always frightened me when I went in there, but I haven't been to Bowie in over a year.

#59 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

There was a clerk there who was hyper and way too enthusiastic about his job. Always frightened me...

A guy shows a little enthusiasm at work, and he's suddenly labeled as "crazy." Perhaps you would prefer the braindead teens from McDonalds? :D

#60 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

There's two kinds of enthusiastic.

Good enthusiastic: "Hello, thanks for stopping by the store, if you need any help, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have."

Bad enthusiastic: Clerk follows you around, and anytime you even glance at a game title, launches into an excited frenzy about how great that game is, how he's played it, what his favorite character is, etc. I'm all for friendly clerks, but I don't want to be smothered by one.

Around my area, the EB in the Columbia Mall has a great staff. They're always very helpful and will strike up an honest conversation while you're checking out, but they respect your space. The staff at the Gamestop in St. John's Plaza, on the other hand, drives me nuts. Everytime I walk through the door, I'm hit with the same schpiel about "did you bring any used games to trade today?" and "what sort of game are you looking for?" and "how'd you like to preorder an Xbox 360?" I'm just browsing for goodness sake, leave me alone! The worst is that customers ask them about games, and they act all know-it-all about stuff, except that their responses are wrong half the time.