Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#1081 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

BTW, if anyone is able to pick up an extra $5 copy of Virtua Fighter 5 PS3, I'd be interested. I was going to wait and get it for the 360, but since that just broke for the second time in a year, my PS3 is looking a lot better.

Has anyone in the DC area found clearance games at Target? I haven't seen any at the one in Germantown and selection of games is poor even for new ones.

#1082 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

Well, looks like I'll be able to make it and it will be my first meet. I just have to make sure that isn't one of my weekends I have to work. If it's not, I'll post a link to what I have for trade and see you guys there.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#1083 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

Has anyone in the DC area found clearance games at Target? I haven't seen any at the one in Germantown and selection of games is poor even for new ones.

I found a clearance Odama at the Target in Silver Spring once. That's the only clearance game I've ever seen at any Targets in the area. The Odama was in the case at the bottom. Just saw it out of the corner of my eye while I was checking out some other games. I even asked the clerk where the clearance games were and he said they usually ship them out somewhere before they go on clearance.

Granted that was several months ago.

#1084 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:14 AM

Okay, looks like we are getting all set up for the meetup.

Cleaver brought up a good point while I was talking to him the other day. Let's start looking at each other's trade lists and setting up trades for the meetup. It saves on shipping and makes for a nice bonus to the meetup. Both of our trade lists are pretty up to date so please check them out and let's start discussing possible deals.

I haven't heard back from Mark at Goozex, but hopefully, the boys will be a part of this meetup. It has always been a great time with them involved and they have been nothing, but outstanding with the freebies and contests. If you haven't checked out the pics from past meetups, please check a couple or so pages back in this thread to see them.

Lastly, sorry for the long post (I am just excited about meeting up again, very cool).

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#1085 WriterDan

WriterDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

I used to find good clearance deals every now and then at the Rockville target, but it's been a while. I never seem to get in on these $5 - $10 deals, but someone must be getting them. I checked the target in Rockville today, but they didn't have VF5. If someone else can find some before the meet-up, cool. If not, no big deal.
Posted Image

#1086 ighosty

ighosty

I just lost the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:03 AM

I checked out the Prince William county and Gainsville stores a little while ago and found nothing.

EDIT: Also if anyone is looking for Yakuza the local c-city in Harrisonburg has 4 copys as of yesterday for 8.96 each.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:360: SKATE 2
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy

#1087 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

If anyone is looking for a favorable deal on an LCD HDTV, C-Mart (Baltimore and DC) is doing 30% off everything in the store. The one in Baltimore still has a few 32" 720p and 42" 1080p Vizios and a boatload of 22" 720p Insignias as of this morning. I picked up a 32" for under $450. The 42" is $972 and the Insignia is $210. I see DC also had TVs listed, so you might find a deal there too. A bit OTT I know, but todays games need an HDTV!

MjC

#1088 tenchimyo

tenchimyo

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring and College Park (if you're out that way)
like the one in Rockville are usually good treasure hunting.

there are 2 more in DC, but I've only been to one (was a pain to get to)

#1089 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

Let's start getting the "who going to attend the meetup" list together. If you are planning to attend, maybe or not, please post your intentions.

Also, make sure you are checking folks Trade Lists to start making deals.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#1090 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

I should be a definite for the 26th at 3pm.

MjC

#1091 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring and College Park (if you're out that way)
like the one in Rockville are usually good treasure hunting.

there are 2 more in DC, but I've only been to one (was a pain to get to)

I go to both of the ones in dc. The adams morgan one is the hardest one to get because the metro station is about 5+ blocks away and parking up there is a bitch.

#1092 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:48 AM

I go to both of the ones in dc. The adams morgan one is the hardest one to get because the metro station is about 5+ blocks away and parking up there is a bitch.

I hear that, the one in Adam's Morgan also had a weak selection on games.

I scored a complete Lunar and Lunar 2 (both mint) at the Rockville one.

I'm out for the meet up. Have a test scheduled that day. One day......:bomb:

#1093 tsmvengy

tsmvengy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

I go by the one in Adams Morgan every day - they have plenty of PS2 games, but the 'Cube and GBA selection is kinda weak. I haven't been to the one in Tenleytown lately...

#1094 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

Put me down for the 26th. If plans change, I'll let you know.

#1095 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

It seems like a good group of folk already committed. The standard core group, it'll be, like always nice to see again.

#1096 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hey, if anyone wants Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE 360 for $15+tax, a Target near me had like 8 copies today. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you for the Meet in 2 weeks.

MjC

#1097 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

Hey, if anyone wants Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE 360 for $15+tax, a Target near me had like 8 copies today. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you for the Meet in 2 weeks.

MjC

I'll most likely be at the meet-up on the 26th. If you can pick me up a copy for $15+tax, I'll gladly re-pay you at the meet-up. Thanks, MCalvert!

#1098 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:08 AM

Sign me up for a Tony Hawk as well, MCalvert. I prefer SKATE but I'd love to try out TH since my hiatus from it.

#1099 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:01 AM

Check and Check. I'll head on over there again either tomorrow if I can. Anybody else want one?

MjC

#1100 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:03 AM

MjC

Grab me one as well if you have the cash. I will gladly repay you at the meetup. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#1101 MadFlava

MadFlava

Sa Da Tay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:24 AM

Has anyone seen a store carrying a new 60gb PS3 in the DC area?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1102 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:13 AM

Has anyone seen a store carrying a new 60gb PS3 in the DC area?

Friend of mine picked up one from the Sony Style store in Pentagon City I think. He said that if you call up one of the stores they'll look around to find one from another store and have it shipped to their store so you can pick it up.

#1103 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:14 AM

Check and Check. I'll head on over there again either tomorrow if I can. Anybody else want one?

MjC

I'll be at the meet and will gladly pay you for it.

#1104 dwhelan

dwhelan

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

MjC

I am in for one too, assuming supplies last.

As for the meet up, count me in. After all, Delaware has to be represented :)

#1105 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

The 4th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, January 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
cleaver
lurknomore
GenDV138
MCalvert1
jmiller80
taioo8
BigBen
tsmvengy
greenfox
G-Nitro
dwhelan

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

#1106 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

Rockville Target had
Tony Hawk Proving Ground LE 360 $14.75
All Pro Football 2K8 PS3 $7.48
The Bigs PS3 $14.98
Stuntman Ignition 360 $14.98

My New Years Resolution was less hoarding, so I only bought one of each.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#1107 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:34 PM

Mission successful! I picked up 6 copies of Tony Hawk. So:

GenDV138
Lurknomore
thebob101
BigBen
dwhelan

are getting one, and there's still one left for anyone who wants it. Also, I picked up 1 copy of Stuntman Ignition 360 for $15 and 1 copy of Alien Syndrome PSP for $10. Both are up for grabs. Let me know!

MjC

#1108 MadFlava

MadFlava

Sa Da Tay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:00 AM

Friend of mine picked up one from the Sony Style store in Pentagon City I think. He said that if you call up one of the stores they'll look around to find one from another store and have it shipped to their store so you can pick it up.

Just called and they are now out of stock. I wonder if you can even find a new one in the country anymore.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1109 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

Mission successful! I picked up 6 copies of Tony Hawk. So:

GenDV138
Lurknomore
thebob101
BigBen
dwhelan

are getting one, and there's still one left for anyone who wants it. Also, I picked up 1 copy of Stuntman Ignition 360 for $15 and 1 copy of Alien Syndrome PSP for $10. Both are up for grabs. Let me know!

MjC

Massive props - this was a very kind thing to do. :-)
Take Care,
Matthew

#1110 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:07 AM

Massive props - this was a very kind thing to do. :-)
Take Care,
Matthew

Thanks Matthew! I still have the one copy of Tony Hawk available (along with Alien Syndrome PSP). If you want it, I'll hold it for you whether you come to the meetup or not. LMK!

MjC