Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#2131 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

I just remembered the 15th is the Extra Life charity. So only the 22nd works for me now.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#2132 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm going to try to start this up. If it fails, oh well. I feel partially responsible for the Baltimore area meet-up since its my "hood".

Washington D.C. Metro Area Goozex/CAG Meet-up
Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2011

Time: 2PM - Whenever
7000 Arundel Mills Circle (near Cinemark Egyptian Theater) Hanover , MD 21076 (410) 799-1166
We will meet in the bar near the outside entrance.

Those who plan to attend:
  • Mana Knight (possibly)
  • G-Nitro
  • nightmare452
  • GenDV138
  • MCalvert1
  • The Great BM
  • mm2barry

Edited by The Mana Knight, 11 October 2011 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

#2133 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Eh, the only thing that may hurt me from arranging this event is that I'm scheduling a job interview down in VA on the 21st. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. I should return back in time, but I'll find out soon.
Posted Image

#2134 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

I'll be there, may get there earlier to try DuClaw beforehand

#2135 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

Lol, maybe we should all meet at DuClaw. :-P
Posted Image

#2136 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Lol, maybe we should all meet at DuClaw. :-P

I'd much rather hang out at Duclaw than Dave & Busters. Cheaper beer! Not like we play games anyway

Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#2137 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

I'd much rather hang out at Duclaw than Dave & Busters. Cheaper beer! Not like we play games anyway

I have no objection to that. If anyone want to play D&B games, it's around the corner.

MjC

#2138 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Sounds good to me!

#2139 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

That's what I was thinking, but I don't drink anyway. :-P Especially if we have a small group, I think DuClaw works out great. It's not 100% certain I'll be there yet, depending upon if I get back from Hampton Roads VA in time.
Posted Image

#2140 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

I updated the post with this:
Washington D.C. Metro Area Goozex/CAG Meet-up
Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2011

Time: 2PM - Whenever
7000 Arundel Mills Circle (near Cinemark Egyptian Theater) Hanover , MD 21076 (410) 799-1166
We will meet in the bar near the outside entrance.

Those who plan to attend:
  • Mana Knight (possibly)
  • G-Nitro
  • BigBen
  • GenDV138
  • MCalvert1
  • The Great BM
  • mm2barry
  • indifference

I made it DuClaw. If anyone wants to back out or join, just tell me or post in this thread.

Edited by The Mana Knight, 22 October 2011 - 11:00 AM.

Posted Image

#2141 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for e-viting me Mana. I'm going to hire a babysitter and make it out for this one. Other than camaraderie, do we bring games for trade or anything? I don't know what kind of shenanigans when on last year.
If we don't normally trade, here's an open request for Gears of War 3. If you have it and want to trade it, let me know what it's going to take to get it from one of you.
My game collection isn't completely up to date, but it's pretty close. Let me know if there's anything any of you guys are interested in and we'll make something happen.
Looking forward to meeting whoever shows up. Time to be anti-antisocial!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#2142 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

We do bring stuff to trade. Most people leave it in their vehicles until the end of the meet, then we bring it all in and start swapping and buying. :)

Follow me on Twitter

#2143 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for e-viting me Mana. I'm going to hire a babysitter and make it out for this one. Other than camaraderie, do we bring games for trade or anything? I don't know what kind of shenanigans when on last year.
If we don't normally trade, here's an open request for Gears of War 3. If you have it and want to trade it, let me know what it's going to take to get it from one of you.
My game collection isn't completely up to date, but it's pretty close. Let me know if there's anything any of you guys are interested in and we'll make something happen.
Looking forward to meeting whoever shows up. Time to be anti-antisocial!

There's a pretty good chance I'll be done with Gears 3 enough to trade it away by then, but I can't really think of anything I'm looking for at the moment outside of Dark Souls. It never hurts to take a look at one's trade list though.

MjC

#2144 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well, i'll be bringing a number of games, so hopefully we can work something out.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#2145 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

The 22nd isn't great for me, if I am able to make it, it wouldn't be for very long. I'll try though.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#2146 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Good luck to the Uncharted 3 players tonight. Hope somebody wins something!

MjC

#2147 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

Put me down as a solid maybe :P (Hard to get out of the house with a newborn). I'm interested in doing some serious trading/selling, especially if anyone's interested in some older stuff (PSX, PS2, Gamecube, even a N64 system). Thinking about downsizing some of my collection, working on putting a list together (highlights include Suikoden 1 and 2, some PS2 imports (Melty Blood, Fist of the North Star), and some rarer Gamecube games (Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia).

#2148 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys how was the uncharted event? And how early should I get there and are cameras allowed?

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#2149 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Put me down as a solid maybe :P (Hard to get out of the house with a newborn). I'm interested in doing some serious trading/selling, especially if anyone's interested in some older stuff (PSX, PS2, Gamecube, even a N64 system). Thinking about downsizing some of my collection, working on putting a list together (highlights include Suikoden 1 and 2, some PS2 imports (Melty Blood, Fist of the North Star), and some rarer Gamecube games (Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia).

I hope to get there right at 2pm because I'm going to have to split by 3pm. Your FotNS PS2 game intrigues me if will work via HD Advance.

MjC

#2150 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hey guys how was the uncharted event? And how early should I get there and are cameras allowed?

I'm blogging about it right now.
Posted Image

#2151 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

I might be able to get to the meetup by 5. Hopefully someone will still be there

#2152 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

You are not supposed to take pics and video but plenty of people did and no one seemed to care. I'd say get there 15 minutes early to sign in using the awful Sony tablets they have laid out.

#2153 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

I'd like to see what games you have. Hopefully I can make it there before you leave.

#2154 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

Ok, I put up a trade list, would love to see your trade lists if ya got them. I'm pretty sure that I'll be there. I don't plan on bringing the N64 stuff unless someone is interested beforehand.

http://www.cheapassg...628#post8972628

#2155 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

haha yes those tablets are dreadful. But the event was fun nonetheless!

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#2156 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

haha yes those tablets are dreadful. But the event was fun nonetheless!

The only issue I had was entering my phone number. THAT was the worst part of the tablet (ugh).
Posted Image

#2157 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Ok, I put up a trade list, would love to see your trade lists if ya got them. I'm pretty sure that I'll be there. I don't plan on bringing the N64 stuff unless someone is interested beforehand.

http://www.cheapassg...628#post8972628

I hope you stay late because I probably won't be there until 5. I'd like to trade my 360 copies of New Vegas and FF13 for Donkey Kong 64 and Starfox 64.

I am also interested in Metroid Pinball, Tetris DS, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and LoZ LTTP

#2158 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Here's my list:
http://www.cheapassg...23&do=tradelist
I have my God of War PSP and whole collection for sale. here's the link from CL:
http://annapolis.cra...2635297068.html
Also, i'm trying to sell my guitar hero/rockband collection. If you're interested in that bundle, let me know.
The only game I'm really wanting to get is Gears of War 3, but let me know what you've got and we can make a deal of some kind.
Gen. George S. Patton

#2159 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

I might be able to get to the meetup by 5. Hopefully someone will still be there

If I am needed at this other event, I might not show until 5, myself, so you won't be alone.

#2160 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

Here's my list:
http://www.cheapassg...23&do=tradelist
I have my God of War PSP and whole collection for sale. here's the link from CL:
http://annapolis.cra...2635297068.html
Also, i'm trying to sell my guitar hero/rockband collection. If you're interested in that bundle, let me know.
The only game I'm really wanting to get is Gears of War 3, but let me know what you've got and we can make a deal of some kind.

please let me know what you guys want me to bring. i'd prefer not to lug all of this stuff out of the house.
Gen. George S. Patton