Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

I'm passing on Katsucon this year.

#2433 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

I would like to know when the next meet is too. I dont know any cag here :(

Im from the rockville, md area. Any Cag around?

#2434 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Why don't we plan something for early April at Crab Town? Darker, BigRob and MCalvert have been there. They have some arcade games and decent food. I assume we'd have less concern about space. I'm free on the 23rd in case there's a chance for a quick turn around for this meetup.

Edited by Indifference, 10 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#2435 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Why don't we plan something for early April at Crab Town? Darker, BigRob and MCalvert have been there. They have some arcade games and decent food. I assume we'd have less concern about space. I'm free on the 23rd in case there's a chance for a quick turn around for this meetup.

I would say dave and buster at white flint mall. At least people can choose food and the games are good.

If i wanted crabs/seafood then I would go to legal seafood.

#2436 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

I can do Sundays but Saturdays are kinda tough with work right now

#2437 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I've been going to Crab Town for years and know it pretty well.
Posted Image

#2438 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I would much prefer to do this after PAX East. April sometime sounds good.

MjC

#2439 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

I have two anime conventions to go to in March, while I have none in April.
Posted Image

#2440 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I have two anime conventions to go to in March, while I have none in April.

I was thinking of dave and busters at rockville, md in April.

Is that cool for everyone?

Please let me know.

#2441 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I was thinking of dave and busters at rockville, md in April.

Is that cool for everyone?

Please let me know.

April sounds good, and I wouldn't mind the one in Arundel Mills either.

#2442 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Just reading this thread reminds me of the first DC CAG meetup. I remember organizing it and talking to Goozex about coming out. We would walk out into the parking lot at D&B in White Flint to trade and sell our games. What year was that? I think I still have the banner that was made for the meetup. I remember I was so stoked when Cheapy gave us his blessing for the meetup and posted something about it on the front page of CAG. Ah, the memories. I am going to have to make it out to a meetup one of these days. I will bring Cleaver with me (who might be getting married soon).

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#2443 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Maybe we can have an old-timers reunion. Lurk has expressed interest in seeing the group again as well.

MjC

Just reading this thread reminds me of the first DC CAG meetup. I remember organizing it and talking to Goozex about coming out. We would walk out into the parking lot at D&B in White Flint to trade and sell our games. What year was that? I think I still have the banner that was made for the meetup. I remember I was so stoked when Cheapy gave us his blessing for the meetup and posted something about it on the front page of CAG. Ah, the memories. I am going to have to make it out to a meetup one of these days. I will bring Cleaver with me (who might be getting married soon).

#2444 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

You might want to try your local craigslist for letting some of your stuff go. You might have better luck. I used to try and sell stuff off of here and it would take forever for offers to come through. If you can't wait that long, then ebay is your friend.

Holy crap, another Arlingtonian. I have more comp for the CAG deals, this place is small enough.

#2445 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

April sounds good, and I wouldn't mind the one in Arundel Mills either.

So when in April? Can everyone let me know of a good time and date?

It will be my first time and would like to meet fellow CAG gamers.

Here is the info. so far

White Flint Mall, MD Dave and Buster
DATE AND TIME: April, MAY, JUNE ????? ( need to know the best time for everyone)

I never done this before and heard someone here did it so some help hosting it be nice.

#2446 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

That's about 30 minutes from me in Laurel. I'd love to make it out to this. Any chance we can make it the first weekend in April? Perhaps April 6?

I'm in the Air Force and have to fly down to Florida for a two-month training course. :/

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#2447 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

That's about 30 minutes from me in Laurel. I'd love to make it out to this. Any chance we can make it the first weekend in April? Perhaps April 6?

I'm in the Air Force and have to fly down to Florida for a two-month training course. :/

So what do u do?

Anyway, April, May, June sounds good. Dave and Busters at White Flint Mall in Rockville , MD. I just need a head count of how many people. Also, do people here bring stuff to sell/trade? I don't care as long as we get to know one another and have fun.

#2448 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

I'm the managing editor of Airman magazine, the Air Force's official magazine.

However, now that sequestration has kicked in, I'm not sure if my training is still gonna happen. I hope it won't, and if not, I'll be good any time in April.

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#2449 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm the managing editor of Airman magazine, the Air Force's official magazine.

However, now that sequestration has kicked in, I'm not sure if my training is still gonna happen. I hope it won't, and if not, I'll be good any time in April.

Cool.
Looking forward to meeting follow CAG

#2450 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I might be able to do April 6 if we do Arundel Mills area. For White Flint, it would have to be another day for me to be available.

MjC

#2451 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

I might be able to do April 6 if we do Arundel Mills area. For White Flint, it would have to be another day for me to be available.

MjC

I have the end of march 31 off. Most likely I wont be able to take off
April 6. I havent heard of anyone else besides the two posts.
I was thinking maybe end of April or May since May seems like there is nothing going on.

#2452 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Since this isn't really going anywhere. Here's a great event in the area that not only can we do a meet up at, but should people's families want to attend, they can as well. Not exactly a gaming event, but something fun to do together if people are interested.

Saturday, April 13th is the Sakura Matsuri, which is a Japanese Street Festival down in D.C. for the Cherry Blossoms each year. The Cherry Blossoms will probably already be gone by this date, as they usually are unfortunately.

They also have an Anime/JPop area with music performances, sometimes games, and other activities that are more suited for the geeky crowd :D

It costs $5 to get in and begins at 10:30am. Prior to this is a parade starting at 10am.

Get there early so you can be assured you will be able to get some great food, beer and more. I have gone every year since 2005 and it has always been fun. :D

Here is a link to the site: http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#2453 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

I might even show up at Sakura Matsuri this year.
Posted Image

#2454 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Since this isn't really going anywhere. Here's a great event in the area that not only can we do a meet up at, but should people's families want to attend, they can as well. Not exactly a gaming event, but something fun to do together if people are interested.

Saturday, April 13th is the Sakura Matsuri, which is a Japanese Street Festival down in D.C. for the Cherry Blossoms each year. The Cherry Blossoms will probably already be gone by this date, as they usually are unfortunately.

They also have an Anime/JPop area with music performances, sometimes games, and other activities that are more suited for the geeky crowd :D

It costs $5 to get in and begins at 10:30am. Prior to this is a parade starting at 10am.

Get there early so you can be assured you will be able to get some great food, beer and more. I have gone every year since 2005 and it has always been fun. :D

I could consider it. Anyone carpooling? Im in rockville, md

#2455 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

That's perfect, actually. I'll most likely be there.

#2456 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'll definitely be at the Sakura Matsuri again, got the day cleared from work.

#2457 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

I have a lasik follow up so i can see if i can go

#2458 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

BTW, I'll carpool with anyone in the columbia area down to the Greenbelt metro, but I'll be taking the metro from there to Fed Triangle stop

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#2459 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

If anyone in Northern VA's looking to buy a Wii U, the Kmart on Jermantown Road, Fairfax, is closing, and had a couple of deluxe models for 20% off. Not much left in terms of games.

#2460 Gouken88

Gouken88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

If anyone in Northern VA's looking to buy a Wii U, the Kmart on Jermantown Road, Fairfax, is closing, and had a couple of deluxe models for 20% off. Not much left in terms of games.

Did they have any 3ds xls marked down? :3ds: