Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble (NDS) $29.99 at BestBuy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

DoS has always been $35 at my BB's and local stores. The only games with a difference in price has been Lunar and this.

#32 jfunkdpg

jfunkdpg

Solid Snake

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

Went back last night to BB and got a different employee to grab a copy from the back, but they had to walk it up to the counter for me since it wasnt in one of those lockboxes. Thanks op!

#33 Escobar4Life

Escobar4Life

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

Wait...VJ: DT is $39.99 everywhere?

If it is, I'll have to pick up VJ: DT for $29.99 (+ tax and -$5 off coupon) today at Best Buy. I'm a cheap@$$. Let me know right now everyone!

P.S.: Tomorrow I'll buy Mario Kart DS!

#34 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:06 AM

Wait...VJ: DT is $39.99 everywhere?

If it is, I'll have to pick up VJ: DT for $29.99 (+ tax and -$5 off coupon) today at Best Buy. I'm a cheap@$$. Let me know right now everyone!

P.S.: Tomorrow I'll buy Mario Kart DS!

Yes, hence this ENTIRE thread :)
And Mario Kart is shipping tomorrow...may or may not be available for purchase.

#35 PaulG

PaulG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

I'd just like to add that I purchased Castlevania: DOS on the date of release and it was 34.99 for me too.

Thanks for the original post, though. 29.99 plus a coupon is a buy for me. 39.99 is outrageous and was a no-buy for me.

#36 Tenacious D

Tenacious D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

Thanks OP! I picked up VJ for the DS today for $24.99 with the Nintendo Power $5 off coupon from the other thread.

#37 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

DoS has always been $35 at my BB's and local stores. The only games with a difference in price has been Lunar and this.

Sorry, I was referring to this old thread.

http://www.cheapassg...astlevania dawn

I'm still kicking myself for not pre-ordering DoS back in the day. I wasn't gonna let that happen again with VJ. Yeah, the two situations aren't exact mirror images (unlike VJ, the cheap DoS never made it to B&M; just online pre-orders), but still, I'm not taking any chances that Best Buy will suddenly bring their pricing for VJ back in line with what everyone else is charging.

So getting back to the point of my earlier post: if you want VJ for $25, I wouldn't hesitate.

#38 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow.

#39 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:04 AM

i planning get it today but can't make it. I'll do it tomorrow ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#40 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:21 AM

So for those that picked up the game, how is it?

I don't care how cheap it is if it's shitty.

#41 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:02 AM

Its awesome, seriously.

#42 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:37 AM

I got it today. The game is awesome, highly recommended.

logo.png

#43 pthagonal

pthagonal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:03 AM

VJ rocks and if I wasnt suck a cheap ass I would own a DS and most likely this. So, make up for me you bastards.

#44 weevles

weevles

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Cool, after wavering back and forth prior to seeing the reviews, I'm finally stoked to get this title. Looks like BB.com sent this to me via UPS this time even though I selected value shipping, so huzzah!, I may actually get to play the game this week! :applause:

#45 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:55 PM

So Best Buy has this? my best buy still doesn't have it and it even still shows pre-order on the website. So I assumed they just hadn't gotten it yet, even though I've seen it at Gamestop.

#46 weevles

weevles

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

So Best Buy has this? my best buy still doesn't have it and it even still shows pre-order on the website. So I assumed they just hadn't gotten it yet, even though I've seen it at Gamestop.

I think the official national release date was this week (15th or 18th), with only Gamestop/EB selling them early last week. Other CAGs report their BBs as having them in the back and not on the shelf, so that might be true for yours, too.

Mine was shipped out yesterday via online.

#47 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:11 AM

Oh this pisses me off, they jumped the price on the website to 39.99.
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1113534513059

Well I've gone to my store 5 times in the last week and they claim they have 4 copies in stock but it's not on the shelves or in the back and they don't know where the games are. So now I'm screwed on $10.

Do you think I could talk to a manager or something to get them to honor the old price? It's their own damn fault.

I'm just having fan-fucking-tastic luck lately. I just got (well, potentially) screwed on an Ebay auction too for a $40 game from a seller with over 900 feedback 99.9%, or at least he was until a few days after I purchased a game from him. Now 15 different users have given him negative for keeping their money and not sending the game!

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=74226

Don't expect this stay cheap at BB forever either. Castlevania DS was cheap originally at BB, then later went up to $35 like everywhere else.

That's funny, because I didn't expect it to last forever. Only enough time to actually be able to purchase the game. But instead they @#%$*$! tell me the game isn't in and then raise the price.

Bah, my BB has it in the back and both the employees I asked wouldn't bring it out, said they'e not supposed to sell it before the release date.

Hope you got your copy by now, if not you're screwed.

#48 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:42 PM

I think the official national release date was this week (15th or 18th), with only Gamestop/EB selling them early last week. Other CAGs report their BBs as having them in the back and not on the shelf, so that might be true for yours, too.

My first inclination when this thread appeared was that Best Buy was screwing up and selling it early, since the EB web site listed the release date as 11/18. So I'm thinking, it was probably just one store's mistake and mine won't have them on the shelf. Well, mine had it so I nabbed it.

After leaving Best Buy that day, I immediately stopped at Target and they had it on the shelf too (full price). I'm not sure what's up with the release date, but Capcom obviously ended up confusing retailers, with some thinking they could sell it right away and others thinking they should wait to the pre-conceived release date.

In hindsight, I'm guessing Capcom shipped early and meant for them to be put on the shelves right away. If you're a game publisher and your game's release date is in November or December, this is probably not the time of year when you want your product sitting in the back for a week before stores sell it.

I knew the price wouldn't last, so again I thank the OP for noticing and telling us as soon as possible. It sounds like a fair number of CAGers were able to score cheap copies of this great game. But I'm sorry to hear about those who actually went to best buy to get it, only to be denied by dumbass employees. That sucks and you deserved better.

#49 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

VJ was also marked at 29.99 when I went to Fry's the other day to pick up Mario Kart... didn't scan it or anything, though.

#50 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:52 AM

Is this Dead? The bestbuy.com site lists it at $39.99 now.

#51 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Is this Dead? The bestbuy.com site lists it at $39.99 now.

I think so, it was marked 39.99 at the local Best Buy here.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#52 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:58 AM

There are two at my local BB, and they are still $30, should i jump on it?

#53 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:58 AM

There are two at my local BB, and they are still $30, should i jump on it?

Would be surprising if they still rang up $29.99.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#54 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:32 AM

Stopped by my BB and its dead. Rang up at $39.99

#55 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

If your store still has it stickered for $29.99, you can probably get them to honor it.

Otherwise, your best bet is probaby the $10 coupon from the other thread.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=74470

#56 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

God damnit, i wanted this game too, i will try and get it this *shudder* Saturday (thoes crazy ass black friday people will still be there)