Official Bull Moose Music thread! [Bull Moose last post: 07/08/09!]

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#481 n8littlefield

n8littlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Anyone know what Bullmoose pays for Atari 2600 games? They sell them for $2.95 so I was thinking it may be $1ish a piece given their other stuff is about a third of the selling price or so...Bullmoosecrew?
Posted Image

#482 Horsecalledwar

Horsecalledwar

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:31 AM

Was down at bullmoose in windham and saw the guitarhero II and aerosmith combo set for 10.95 - cannot beat that deal.

#483 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

Hey, Bull Moose if you're out there are there going to be any Black Friday deals? :)

#484 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:57 AM

BUMP! Hey Bull Moose I know that I haven't posted in awhile, but where are all of your Wii games at? I went to Bull Moose in Scarbarough (the big wherehouse store) and there were very few options for Wii games and almost no new games! I mean c'mon!

#485 solisnk

solisnk

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

bumping this thread because bullmoose is awesome
Posted ImagePosted Image

#486 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for the bump, Bull Moose needs to come back and tell us if there are any awesome deals coming down the pipe! I haven't seen a lot of stuff there in the way of videogames lately and their pricing on some of their older PS2 games should come down by now as well...maybe they should start doing some PS2 grab bags like they've done in the past for the older cart games? Some PS1 grab bags wouldn't be bad either.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

#487 goosenamedal

goosenamedal

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

I love browsing bull moose. Especially where most of the classic games are at a set price. Their current priced used games are usually cheaper/on par with gamestop. And I hate gamestop so I'd rather buy it from Bullmoose, even though ultimately you can get them cheaper at other places. I've been shopping at the scarborough bullmoose for probably 4 years now. Gotten some great deals (one time got Chrono trigger, final fantasy III for SNES and FFVII all for like $23.)

Anyway, I've noticed a decent amount of people from Maine obviously through this thread. Is there a CaG Thread for mainers?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#488 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, there is a Maine thread. It isn't a very big thread.

Linky:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=70496

#489 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

Just curious, does Bull Moose normally have Black Friday deals? Not really expecting much, but hoping to find one there on Black Ops to go along with my new PS3 Slim that I'm getting at Walmart. Even if they don't, I'll be picking it up there anyways because it's $55.

#490 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

Just curious, does Bull Moose normally have Black Friday deals? Not really expecting much, but hoping to find one there on Black Ops to go along with my new PS3 Slim that I'm getting at Walmart. Even if they don't, I'll be picking it up there anyways because it's $55.

I know they did last year (at least I believe it was last year...), because they had Mad Men season 1 on blu-ray for $15 dollars along with other cheap blu-rays (also active on their website with free shipping). So hopefully they do it again so I can avoid retail stores.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#491 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Any deals that anyone has found at Bull Moose? I know they have books now too...any good books?

#492 Scarlet H

Scarlet H

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Was just at their Portsmouth, NH store. Was shocked as their prices on used games were, at one point, really decent and you could find some uncommon/rare things. However, this time around I found used games for higher than full retail ("Enslaved" for $30 used, "Left 4 Dead 2" for $35 used, "Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing" for $25 used, "Killzone 3" special edition for $89 used) and the games section was VERY poorly organized. New games mixed in with used games, multiple copies of used games at different price points, etc.

Very disappointed... Made serious purchases there a year ago.

I will say that some of their used equipment sales were decent. They had two used Kinects in stock for $80. That said, they were in Ziploc bags on the floor and the only reason I saw them was because somebody stepped on one, then kicked it aside.

Maybe the other locations are better, but this one is not so good. I don't see myself going back.

#493 Krynj

Krynj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

Was just at their Portsmouth, NH store. Was shocked as their prices on used games were, at one point, really decent and you could find some uncommon/rare things. However, this time around I found used games for higher than full retail ("Enslaved" for $30 used, "Left 4 Dead 2" for $35 used, "Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing" for $25 used, "Killzone 3" special edition for $89 used) and the games section was VERY poorly organized. New games mixed in with used games, multiple copies of used games at different price points, etc.

Very disappointed... Made serious purchases there a year ago.

I will say that some of their used equipment sales were decent. They had two used Kinects in stock for $80. That said, they were in Ziploc bags on the floor and the only reason I saw them was because somebody stepped on one, then kicked it aside.

Maybe the other locations are better, but this one is not so good. I don't see myself going back.

I'm a former Bull Moose employee, and I must say, never, EVER trust the sticker price. The prices on used items varies almost day to day. The sticker reflects the price of the game when it was sold from a customer, which is based on current stock.

The priced on used items is determined by how many are in stock throughout the whole chain when a customer sells it to Bull Moose. So if you bought a game during a midnight sale, and then marathoned it for a day straight, and sold it back to Bull Moose when there were 0 used copies on hand, you would get top dollar for it. But let's say over the next day or so, 30 other people sell the same game back. By the time the 30th person sells theirs, they're not going to get the same price that the first person got, simply because there are so many on hand. You're not getting top dollar for something when there's already a surplus of it on the shelves. That's why it's best to sell back new titles relatively quickly, because there aren't any used in stock yet, so you'll get the most for them.

When shopping for used stuff at Bull Moose, always have them check the price. The prices on used items changes all the time due to supply and demand, but it's impossible to constantly print new stickers and update every game on the shelf.

#494 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Picked up an Xbox 360 grab bag the other day at the Windham one for $6. Got about $60-70 worth of games. Score.

#495 dnstapes

dnstapes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

what was in the grab bag?

#496 Scarlet H

Scarlet H

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'm a former Bull Moose employee, and I must say, never, EVER trust the sticker price. The prices on used items varies almost day to day. The sticker reflects the price of the game when it was sold from a customer, which is based on current stock.

The priced on used items is determined by how many are in stock throughout the whole chain when a customer sells it to Bull Moose. So if you bought a game during a midnight sale, and then marathoned it for a day straight, and sold it back to Bull Moose when there were 0 used copies on hand, you would get top dollar for it. But let's say over the next day or so, 30 other people sell the same game back. By the time the 30th person sells theirs, they're not going to get the same price that the first person got, simply because there are so many on hand. You're not getting top dollar for something when there's already a surplus of it on the shelves. That's why it's best to sell back new titles relatively quickly, because there aren't any used in stock yet, so you'll get the most for them.

When shopping for used stuff at Bull Moose, always have them check the price. The prices on used items changes all the time due to supply and demand, but it's impossible to constantly print new stickers and update every game on the shelf.

That's actually really good info, thanks for sharing.

That said, it's still kind of frustrating as when we shop for games, we pull sometimes a dozen or so games at a whack. It's kind of a hassle to round them all up and go to get them rung up at the counter. At least when I've been, they're fairly well staffed.

I wish there was a sign stating as much though... That the printed price may vary from what the sale price actually is. I would have almost certainly made some purchases since, like I said, I remember them being highly competative a year or so ago.

Avid Xbox 360, Zune, and Windows Phone 7 user.

Posted Image

#497 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Bump, found an old copy of Dragon Warrior VII at the scarborough bull moose for $8, not too shabby. Also, they are right about the pricing, have them scan the barcode on the back, especially for older games. Also I was told the same items being sold at different price points meant it reflected the quality of the game when they traded it in. One last note is that they mix used games with the new ones now, and they are supposed to put a used sticker on the side spine of the used games, although not all do have stickers. Hope this info helps!

Edited by 3QGojo, 04 November 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#498 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

They posted their Black Friday ad today. Not too great, but whatever. The prices are good enough all the time.

http://www.bullmoose...=258&deptnr=220

#499 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

Dude I went to Bull Moose yesterday and the Wii section is completely gone. They need to do some restocking from the holidays or something because there is nothing at their Scarborough store.

#500 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

BUMP! Any updates from anyone?

#501 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Post #500!

This thread is dying but it made it to 500! :)

#502 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Went to Bullmoose last night. They had 32GB Vita memory cards for $84. I think the 16GB was $47. Also bought a PSP grab bag for $5.95 and it was 5 UMD movies :/ bought it for a friend actually who I told I saw it there the previous night.

#503 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Only stuff I've gotten at Bull Moose lately was a bunch of used $2 DVDs from their tent sale. Other than that, not much for gaming lately. I can't wait until they price the PS2 games like the rest of the older titles, because lets be honest we are well into the PS3 lifespan and most PS2 games should be priced like the PS1 games by now.

#504 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Only stuff I've gotten at Bull Moose lately was a bunch of used $2 DVDs from their tent sale. Other than that, not much for gaming lately. I can't wait until they price the PS2 games like the rest of the older titles, because lets be honest we are well into the PS3 lifespan and most PS2 games should be priced like the PS1 games by now.

Agreed. I love the place but I can't count how many times now I've gone in, looked down the gaming isle, shrugged my shoulders and left.

They have a huge inventory but a lot of it is still a bit overpriced for their age/rarity.

#505 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Not gaming related but does anyone know how much they buy DVDs for? I'm looking to weed out my collection and trying to figure out where would be best; Bull Moose, Newberry Comics, Pitchfork Records, Turn It Up, or just put everything on eBay.

#506 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

It depends on the movie/Bullmoose's inventory, if they have a ton of copies of a used movie they'll probably only give you $.05 if it's at least semi-old, box sets they give decent prices from past experience, same with most Blu-Rays

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#507 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

any updates lately?

#508 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

I bought The Avengers blu-ray from them off of Amazon for $5. Felt silly making them ship it to me.

Took a little over a week for it to come in but when it did it was near mint. Better than some stuff you can find in-store.

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself