Louisiana CAGs

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#31 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:28 AM

Metairie here, no idea there were really any CAGs around here.

~b

:rofl: i have a feeling we're in the minority - so far less than 10 out of 40K :shock:

#32 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:29 AM

Don't mean to change the subject, but curious if any of you guys are camping out this weekend for a 360? What store and what time do you plan on getting there. I think I will be going to the Vets location around 7 ish on Saturday and seeing if there is any line yet, and if it is already bad, then I will head over to the West Bank location where they are getting many more systems. The timing of this and the Louisiana sales tax exemption this weekend couldn't have been any more perfect.

how'd it go? anybody have any luck - I went to the BB in Madisonville/Covington at opening and they were already sold out :-s

#33 seebelow

seebelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:19 PM

how'd it go? anybody have any luck - I went to the BB in Madisonville/Covington at opening and they were already sold out :-s

Out of curiosity, I drove by the Slidell BB on my way home around 11:00 Saturday night. I didn't get close enough to take an exact count, but it looked like there were already about 20 people lined up down the building. People are crazy...

#34 Horntm

Horntm

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:43 PM

Uptown, NOLA here. I got my 360 by waiting 14 damn hrs in the cold, got the very last platinum edition of the system. Wallet had a major headache that day lol. I have not heard of any places receiving anymore systems in as of late. Where are the systems M$ says it is shipping on a daily basis? :-(

#35 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

Bossier Here

what part of bossier?
Posted Image

#36 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:51 AM

I used to live in BR... moved back to Texas though. I still like to visit BR, was there last week.
D/P Friend Code: 2234 3855 8897

New links! [My collection] [My trade list] [My eBay feedback]
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Soundtracks, manga, and artbook downloads:
http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=23384

Posted Image

#37 bluenatas09

bluenatas09

Can't think of a Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

anyone going to the Toys Rus in Slidell?

#38 seebelow

seebelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:32 AM

Nah, I've already got most of everything on the list that I'd want. Of course, I paid a bit more than $10 for most of it, but oh well. Win some, lose some.

#39 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:50 AM

I'd been considering it - I work in Mandeville and was thinking about dropping by after work one afternoon.

#40 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:53 AM

Well, I did manage to get a platinum, but had to wait for 12 hours. Do not regret it however as it actually was not too bad.

#41 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:14 AM

Well, I did manage to get a platinum, but had to wait for 12 hours. Do not regret it however as it actually was not too bad.

According to people I've talked with the BB on my side of the lake was sold out Saturday night just like the one in Slidell :bomb: I can't wait for mid-January when these are on the shelves regularly.

Congrats on the score though :D Glad you didn't get frostbite in the subartic tempuratures down here :rofl:

#42 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:08 PM

anyone get in on the tru action.

Posted Image

#43 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:28 PM

anyone get in on the tru action.

I tried to go to TRU yesterday after work but it was closed. They had closed at 5:00. I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I think I am going to head there this morning and see what I can find since I'm not working today.

#44 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

I tried to go to TRU yesterday after work but it was closed. They had closed at 5:00. I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I think I am going to head there this morning and see what I can find since I'm not working today.

The one in meterie has nothing.

Posted Image

#45 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:53 AM

The one in meterie has nothing.

Yep, just found that out today. Was hoping to be able to pick up Cold Fear for myself, and RE 4 for a friend. They had neither and a whole lot of nothing else. Went ahead and just ordered Cold Fear online instead.

#46 989boi

989boi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:26 AM

Is that TRU yall talking about is the one on Veterans?

#47 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:10 PM

Is that TRU yall talking about is the one on Veterans?

Yep.

Yep, just found that out today. Was hoping to be able to pick up Cold Fear for myself, and RE 4 for a friend. They had neither and a whole lot of nothing else. Went ahead and just ordered Cold Fear online instead.

You might want to try the one on the westbank.

Posted Image

#48 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

if anybody is interested I have at least 1, and if there is a demand I can get more, free tickets to the I bowl Friday. Let me know if you are interested
Posted Image

#49 raveneyes

raveneyes

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:13 AM

I bowl? what be this?

~b

#50 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:55 AM

Has anyone been to CompUSA and had any luck with their clearance on games? More Specifically, the store located on Veterans. I haven't had a chance to go check it out for myself, but figured I would check here to see if it is even worth my time.

#51 Sonic Fighters

Sonic Fighters

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:32 AM

I live in Baton Rouge. I don't know any gamers where I live. I used to know some gamers at my old high school, but I graduated and never seen them again. I usually go to Gameware. I just love the atmosphere in that store. I usually go there to watch people play DDR and Guitar Freaks. I don't buy a lot of games from there. I usually buy wallscrolls from there.

One day I plan to open my own gaming store. I'm not sure if it's going to be in Baton Rouge. It might be since people are trying to build this city up.

#52 croc500

croc500

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hey my fellow Louisiana CAGS.

I guess ill be the first to post from the Western side of the state, im in Jennings.

Between Lafayette and Lake Charles so I have easy access to both, with Lafayette being the preferred. Im about 40 minutes from each, so if anyone finds good deals in those areas, let me know please.

BTW, I went to Target in lafayette about a week before Christmas, where one of the girls told me they had gotten a couple of xbox 360's that morning and encouraged me to check the Sunday morning. I didnt want to drive for 40 mins to get there and wake up at 7 in the morning, but I did, and guess what I was able to walk in the store (first in the door) and went right to the same girl and asked her if they had any, of course she said no we didnt get any, then she said im joking we have some, want one, I said of course, so I got one of the two premium systems there. So I suggest checking Target in the mornings. Ive been enjoying it ever since.

#53 blueaurora

blueaurora

You are who you choose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

We have two in the Shreveport-Bossier area. Make that 3!

Foh Shizzle! :) And no to your XBOX 360 thing!

#54 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

We have two in the Shreveport-Bossier area. Make that 3!

Foh Shizzle! :) And no to your XBOX 360 thing!

i never get deals in store around here although the bossier TRU has been fruitful on occassion. The shreveport CC may be the most disorganized store I have ever seen
Posted Image

#55 blueaurora

blueaurora

You are who you choose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

i never get deals in store around here although the bossier TRU has been fruitful on occassion. The shreveport CC may be the most disorganized store I have ever seen

I can vouch for that as well. Circuit City was worse when it was by the Walmart but they still are terribly disorganized. Their media department manager must just twiddle his thumbs or stick them you know where during his shift!

#56 hoho-jijo

hoho-jijo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:16 AM

The last time I went to the Shreveport CC, I waited 10 minutes to check out with no help at the register just to get a few 10 Xbox games then went to put the game back. I went to the pet store and came back just to see if anyone showed up at the register and I swear there were 8 people waiting in line still with no one helping them. Plenty of red shirts saying hi to each other and even people in line and simply walking away. (I was only in the pet store for a couple minutes to look for food for my cat!) That store has the worst help and their customer service makes BB across the street seem like the nicest bunch of well-trained monkeys ever.

#57 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

yea i'd even say BB has better customer service than CC which is rare in areas with both. Although I was grilled hard to upgrade the $450 laptop I got from BB a few weeks back
Posted Image

#58 flytronix

flytronix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

Hey CAGs Baton Rouge here. Anybody preorder any PS3s and do you know if the TRU B2G1 free deal will be here?

#59 flytronix

flytronix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

Anybody checked out the TRU deal yet?

#60 jer0009

jer0009

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:27 PM

Yeah I went to the one in BR.
Pretty poor selection.
They hardly had anything I wanted.
I ended up with Test Drive 360, Val. Profile 2, and N.
The cool thing is that test drive was the free game.
Will be switching one of them out for Marvel on Wed