Photo
- - - - -

Kingdom Hearts II - 29.99 - Fry's ad interpretation/pricematch opportunity maybe

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 TM2 Rampage

TM2 Rampage

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but it seems to me they never intended on having it for 29.99. In the San Jose paper, the pricing is located directly under all the games which they refer to, and there's only an "Available by 4pm" on whatever date stamp under KH2, not a price. It sounds like they're covered themselves regardless, they just gave the 29.99 Tuesday only excuse just in case someone came in ready to start a riot if they didn't get it for 29.99.

Fry's ads often do this thing where they put two games in the same rectangle and put only one price under one of the games. Under the other, it says "Guaranteed low price!" I always understood that it meant those two games shared the same price tag.

EDIT: So uh, I checked the Fountain Valley Fry's again, and it's 39.99 this time. I just went ahead and got the game at Gamestop, though. Haven't opened it yet... I'm watching videos of Chain of Memories on Youtube to catch up on the story...

Geeeeeeeeeeez. I wonder if it would be alright just jumping straight into KH2.

#92 doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:56 AM

Couldnt pm to Fry's at the Best Buy in Montclair, CA. Strangely enough, they said they can pm Walmart's $32.98 price(I did not know about this, they just told me the best they could do) so I got a copy for myself and for my friend... $36 after tax is a pretty good price..

#93 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:54 AM

Just came back from Fry's in Woodland Hills, CA... no luck. The Los Angeles ad is pretty clear about the game being $40 and that's how it rang up in their computer system.

#94 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:35 AM

I was able to price match at CC in marrero,LA with a print out and the nearest fry's is in houston.

Posted Image

#95 BarrettSan

BarrettSan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:21 AM

If you liked Kingdom Hearts, you'll love this one... if you didn't like Kingdom Hearts... give this one a try, at least until you get to the TRUE beginning.

#96 DrunknDragun

DrunknDragun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

Yes it is $29.99 at Fry's, or atleast the one in Concord, CA. I work there and i even looked in the computer multiple times since the ad said $39.99. it's weird though that it does say Shadow Hearts when you type in the plu but once its on the quote screen it willl say Kingdom Hearts II $29.99. Glitch maybe. but anyways the deal is for today (to late though) and possibly tomorrow. Unfortanently i was an hour too late so they where sold out but i did get a rain check that said $29.99. I even ask the Supervisor's at the Software department and both said thats how much it is.

#97 BIG5

BIG5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

If you liked Kingdom Hearts, you'll love this one... if you didn't like Kingdom Hearts... give this one a try, at least until you get to the TRUE beginning.

I hope you're right, because I loved Kingdom Hearts.
Posted Image

#98 Liquid

Liquid

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

$39.99 for the Phoenix area.

I wonder how they are setting their prices.

#99 MastaNinja

MastaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:52 AM

well it is in the weekly ad (for me at least)
http://compusa.shopl...7&L1CatID=52697

Kingdoth Hearts? O_o

I want to PM at BB, but they gave me trouble when I tried to PM BG&E for $10 when it first came out, because it had a different cover on the ad.