What type of music do you listen too?

[quote name='Jooki']i listen to rock like linkin park and limp bizkit and the heaviest i lisen too is Korn[/QUOTE]

That's some hardcore stuff, better watch out where you play that over there in Germany. That Fred Durst guy is absolutely BANANAS! He just don't give a fuck, you know?

I'm probably in the minority-- i listen to jazz, experimental electronic stuff, some IDM, some Japanese psychedelic music, and a bit of indie rock. and Neil Young.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']That's some hardcore stuff, better watch out where you play that over there in Germany. That Fred Durst guy is absolutely BANANAS! He just don't give a fuck, you know?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: (btw, clean out yer PM box, n00bie)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']That's some hardcore stuff, better watch out where you play that over there in Germany. That Fred Durst guy is absolutely BANANAS! He just don't give a fuck, you know?[/QUOTE]
Haha.. I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Haha.. I can't tell if this is a joke or not.[/QUOTE]

You better be joking. Fred Durst is the man. I heard he never takes his red cap off! NEVER!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Apossum, cleaned it out.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']You better be joking. Fred Durst is the man. I heard he never takes his red cap off! NEVER!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Apossum, cleaned it out.[/QUOTE]

I can't knock him....he has a sex video.

I prefer jazz, latin jazz, and classical but I can listen to anything. I have music ranging from Frank Sinatra to Queen to Santana to Toby Keith to Miles Davis to Metallica to Mozart on my PC.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I prefer jazz, latin jazz, and classical but I can listen to anything. I have music ranging from Frank Sinatra to Queen to Santana to Toby Keith to Miles Davis to Metallica to Mozart on my PC.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I have as well.

I forgot to say that I like hip-hop but it's more of the old school stuff like Audio Two, De La Soul, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick... I can listen to some newer stuff (mainly just for the beats though).

Crust, Punk, Rockabilly, New Wave, (Older) Hip-Hop, (Older) Country & Western (i.e., none of that "boot up yer ass" horseshit), and a dash of classical and lounge.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I forgot to say that I like hip-hop but it's more of the old school stuff like Audio Two, De La Soul, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick... I can listen to some newer stuff (mainly just for the beats though).[/QUOTE]

I'm going to see De La Soul live on Friday. It's gonna ROCK SOME SOXXXX OFFFF.

[quote name='vietgurl']Rock (see avatar)

Disturbed, Staind, Cold, Audioslave, etc...[/QUOTE]

I think Staind's now under pop, considering the massive amount of estrogen that someone injected into Aaron..

Rock/Alternative.. same as vietgurl, though I tend to listen to older bands more than new bands.. Disturbed, Cold, and Audioslave are three of the few bands that I currently keep up with, the others being NIN (though I don't know if you could count that as a 'current' band, considering he's been around almost 20 years), QOTSA, Tool/APC (though moreso the latter than the former) and a few others. I love 90's rock like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, Alice in Chains, etc..

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I think the simplest way to put it is that I listen to way better music than the rest of you tasteless, uncultured cretins. :p[/QUOTE]

oh yeah? I bet you, like, listen to spaceship music, like, in your avatar, or something.

I'm going to see De La Soul live on Friday. It's gonna ROCK SOME SOXXXX OFFFF.

oh man, i wanna go. I also wanna catch the Digable Planets at some point, just found out a few days ago that they reformed. can't wait to hear their new stuff.

Ummmm... good stuff.. classic rock (especially Floyd and Zep), blues, some classical (even some orchestrated movie scores, such as Gladiator), my 90's alternative (Tool, Radiohead, Beck, Nirvana, Blind Melon, you know.. the basic run down of 90's rock), some stuff that could be considered by some as "southern rock" (I think Black Crowes would fit into that category). It's kind of funny actually, as new music progresses, the more distaste I have for it. It's meaningless manufactured garbage (well, a good part of it).

It kind of weirds me out a little that a few are praising Fred Durst, nobody has meantioned Zeppelin, Beck, or any classic blues... and someone actually trashed the Beatles.

[quote name='Apossum']oh yeah? I bet you, like, listen to spaceship music, like, in your avatar, or something.
.[/QUOTE]

Uh... actually, he does.

No, really. I know him, and he definitely listens to spaceship music.

As for myself, I listen to a lot of things... a lot of foreign and domestic music (rock, classical, epic metal, spaceship music, most any genre you can think of except rap, country and the like).

I listen to 90's rock, stuff I grew to love in high school. Nirvana, AIC, NIN, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Pearl Jam, Garbage. So on, so on. I have tickets to see Nine Inch Nails in Jacksonville, super excited about that!

[quote name='jenus']Uh... actually, he does.

No, really. I know him, and he definitely listens to spaceship music.

As for myself, I listen to a lot of things... a lot of foreign and domestic music (rock, classical, epic metal, spaceship music, most any genre you can think of except rap, country and the like).[/QUOTE]

oh, well, I was just joking before but that's awesome! what bands fall under spaceship music? Kraftwerk? Neu? Krautrock in general?

Does anyone here use the audioscrobbler plugin?

www.last.fm

It used to be at audioscrobbler.com, but they just recently updated their service. I ask because it records lists of your musical preferences, and reccomends new music to you accordingly. As we speak I'm creating a cheapassgamer group, so if enough people join, we can get concrete results about people's listening habits. Of course, if cheapy wants, I can turn over group management to him, if this thing kicks off. Join up people!

http://www.last.fm/group/Cheap+Ass+Gamer

bread's done
Back