Nice to know so many CAGs are in the 'hood! My walking distance needs:
1. Good bakery: Pastries a Go Go
2. CD store: Decatur CD
3. Good bar: Brickstore (none better in Atlanta!)
4. Live music: Eddie's Attic, our favorite spot to catch a show (maybe tied with Variety Playhouse)
5. Vietnamese: Viet Chateau (though we usually drive to Saigon Cafe)
6. Marta train access ("walking" to the airport for the first time was a transformative experience)
Wow. I must comment on these!!
1. Ah, a good bakery should've been on my list! Yeah, that place is great. I miss La Piccolina; it was a tiny place in Avondale Estates that had the best Cannolis, and it closed over a year ago. Boo hoo!!
2. Man, that place rocks. They have great clearance sales (which I'm sure you know!), and I can always find great stuff there. Plus, they guys at that store (and at Ella Guru in Toco Hills) are always so nice - which is a good thing compared to Criminal Records and Wax n Facts (where everyone thinks they are reliving scenes from "High Fidelity").
3. Blackthorn Cider on tap. 'nuff said. Well, that and their fish n chips is to die for.
4. I used to play there a lot a few years back; now I just go there to see my buddies (Telegram, Hope For Agoldensummer, and No River City), all of whom play there regularly. Great room for live music.
5. Always meant to try that place out....maybe this weekend.
6. I hate MARTA with the fire of 1000 suns, but only because I rode it every day for 3 years straight to go to GSU. I can't wait for the BeltLine project to get going so we can get some good solid mass transit in this town.
I think that the Brickstore, Decatur CD, and Java Monkey are the places I can most often be found in Decatur - maybe I'll run into ya (or already have!).