Snakes on a Plane Predictions

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
How do good/bad do you think Snakes on a Plane will be?

EDIT: Disregard question in poll title .. go with question here in the post

If it's campy and funny it could be a classic. If they try to make it into an action thriller it will be trash.

I think they know what they're aiming for -- one giant, tongue-in-cheek film. It should be good in that it will be bad, if that makes sense.

Have yall seen the poster that looks like the safety brochure in planes? It is awesome.

Also I feel how rabbitt feels about how the movie will be.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Have yall seen the poster that looks like the safety brochure in planes? It is awesome.

Also I feel how rabbitt feels about how the movie will be.[/QUOTE]

snakes_on_a_plane.jpg

Also, I want this shirt:

SoaP.gif

I think we all agree with Samuel L. on this one. There's motherfuckin' snakes on the motherfuckin' plane.

Edit: Shit... this movie's coming out soon. I need to start deciding if this will be the first movie I've paid more than a dollar to see in the theater since Spider-Man 2 (that I can remember).

Should have went straight to DVD or an Saturday Afternoon movie on TBS or USA. I was pissed when I finally saw the trailer in theaters...Samuel L never said "Snakes on a mother fucking Plane". Poster is cool though.

Can't wait for "Barracudas On A Hovercraft" and "Scorpions In A Jetta".

This movie should have never made it to the big screen. I wonder who the writer sucked off to sell this movie.

The only way this won't be the best movie ever, is if Sam Jackson makes a movie called More Mother fucking Snakes on another Mother fucking plane. Also, I just found out the director of this has done a couple of other movies. Final Destination 2..and the real surprise...Homeward Bound 2.

i read a short article about a ten minute showing.
in those 10 minutes Samuel L. Jackson:
Goes into the cockpit to keep the plane stable

Hugs a stewardess, telling her "I need you to be strong"

Yells out the soon to be famous line "I WANT THESE MOTHERfuckING SNAKES OFF THIS MOTHERfuckING PLANE"

Goes into the cargo hold with a makeshift blowtorch (A MAKESHIFT BLOWTORCH) to set some snakes on fire!
For a while, i thought it would be horrible and we were all wasting our time, but now I'm almost positive, Snakes on a Plane will go down in history. Where, however, I have no idea.

Also, the better start with some fucking commercials soon

[quote name='whoknows']I like this poster the best:

Anything in french just seems funnier to me :lol:[/QUOTE]
:rofl: i need to find that for my french teacher. She's been excited about this movie too

I dont see whats original about it they have movies just like it on sci fi channel weekly.
Those have camp and they aint making no money or fanbase.

The studio here is relying on hype its like 'were gonna make a bad movie were gonna tell u its a bad movie so you will know what to exspect when u see it so u can make fun of it instead of get into it'.

I dont think its gonna work even if it makes a lil at first due to hype nobodys gonna be buying the dvd if it sucks and thats how they make there money back.

I honestly hate how they're all ready calling it a "cult" film. Hollywood hype at its best folks. To me, a movie doesn't hit "cult" status UNTIL AFTER its released

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I honestly hate how they're all ready calling it a "cult" film. Hollywood hype at its best folks. To me, a movie doesn't hit "cult" status UNTIL AFTER its released[/QUOTE]

...and nobody watches it for five-ten years after its release.

Truth be told, the fervor for this movie *is* rather cult-like in its intensity as well as the reasoning (so bad it must be good).

I'm torn. I think the movie will be garbage, and thus best when viewed in a theater full of surly and mostly intoxicated loudmouths. But, I don't want to pay to see junk, so I kinda want to hear what viewers think before paying for a ticket, so I run the risk of seeing it in the theater, sparsely attended by mostly quiet folks. Like "Rocky Horror"; good in one context, awful in another.

If only the crowd is as boisterous as the hillbillies-who-evidently-had-many-important-things-to-say and were-proud-of-their-intellectual-prowess-when-they-realized-the-plot-which-had-just-been-stated-verbatim-on-the-fucking-screen, who saw "Pirates 2" last week when I went, then I have nothing to worry about.

[quote name='evanft']I really hope i turns into Rocky Horror, with people shouting out the lines and waering costumes.[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard to since most of the 'costumes' appear to be normal clothing. Unless you can get away with a Gap shirt as one of the cast members, it's gonna be tough.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Kinda hard to since most of the 'costumes' appear to be normal clothing. Unless you can get away with a Gap shirt as one of the cast members, it's gonna be tough.[/QUOTE]
Oh, come on...you're forgetting two important elements, my friend:

Snakes

and

Planes

[quote name='Michaellvortega']OK here's a question, would Snakes on a Plane be a good movie if instead of Sam Jackson, it stared Bruce Campbell?[/QUOTE]

Only if they were cursed by an incantation from the Necronomicon.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']OK here's a question, would Snakes on a Plane be a good movie if instead of Sam Jackson, it stared Bruce Campbell?[/QUOTE]
Are we assuming that it will be a good movie, or are you asking if we would care if it was starring Bruce Campbell?

If it's the latter, then no, I wouldn't care if it had Bruce Campbell in it. I want to see it because Samuel L. said "Sometimes you want a role you can phone in." and "I only signed on for this movie because of the name." and "There are motherfuckin' snakes on the motherfuckin' plane." Bruce Campbell probably wouldn't say the first two and his usual movie character wouldn't say the third.

What if it starred Mel Gibson? Can snakes be Jewish? I mean, obviously not the hooded cobra...

[quote name='MrBadExample']What if it starred Mel Gibson? Can snakes be Jewish? I mean, obviously not the hooded cobra...[/QUOTE]
But would we get to see him call a female snake sugar-fangs?

How much was the budget of the film?
I bet it cost almost nothing to make and the producers are just trying to steal as much money and possible opening day.

This movie is going to be lame. Anyway who pays any amount of money is going to be disappointed in what they get.

at the comic-con, someone asked samuel l. jackson if he thought the snakes deserved to die. his response?

"YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"

[quote name='varsitygamer']at the comic-con, someone asked samuel l. jackson if he thought the snakes deserved to die. his response?

"YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"[/QUOTE]

No fucking way!
:rofl:

He just upped himself from being just my personal hero to a god.

[quote name='Stuka']I voted the last option but I think the movie is going to be good campy fun. I can't wait for the sequel, "Snakes on a fucking Shark" or the spinoff/ripoff "Snakes on a Train"[/quote]

Man I wish Asylum would just die off. Their whole cataloge is rip offs.

[quote name='varsitygamer']at the comic-con, someone asked samuel l. jackson if he thought the snakes deserved to die. his response?

"YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"[/QUOTE]All we need now is "Deep Blue Sea? THEY ATE ME, A fuckIN SHARK ATE ME!"

[quote name='TimPV3']All we need now is "Deep Blue Sea? THEY ATE ME, A fuckIN SHARK ATE ME!"[/quote]

I'm telling you, that's going to be the signature line in the sequel, "Snakes on a Shark".

bread's done
Back