Photo
- - - - -

Shopping Morality Thread

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#271 jasonjuicer

jasonjuicer

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Interesting. I thought people would have more compassion on a stores mistake that doesn't directly affect anyone in a detrimental way.
Gotta love wearing rock tee shirts!

#272 BruceCampbellKG7

BruceCampbellKG7

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

I, for one, will not buy one of these 4000 points cards from a Chinese credit card thief. I'm also skeptical of this dude from U. of Texas selling them, and where he got the cards from...

#273 mphilip876

mphilip876

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

The purpose of this thread is to act as a home to all discussion of shopping morals.
All discussions on this topic should take place here and not inside threads in the Video Game Deals forum.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Its good idea...
Well done dude...

#274 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:54 AM

For a misprinting in the ad, I think you should be able to get it with little to no fighting. After working at Kmart for almost 2 years, I had to do that a lot. It can get to be ridiculous, especially at Christmas, but hey, there should really be a proofreader on the ads.

Changing a coupon though, is a terrible thing, and if anyone tried it at my register, I would verify the eff out of it. If I hadn't heard about it, I asked every manager on duty.

#275 ghbabe

ghbabe

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

by law. the price advertised is the price they have to sell if to you
it happened to me at target and blockbuster,
they pwn themselves
GAMER HEAVEN. Sign up today and confirm your email for bonuses. Got free 360 and WII games here
Points2Shop

#276 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

by law. the price advertised is the price they have to sell if to you
it happened to me at target and blockbuster,
they pwn themselves

Except most stores have a clause in their terms of agreement where they state they don't have to honor pricing errors.

Example, Best Buy. Last year, they didn't honor the $10 HDTV.

#277 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

People always cite to these imaginary laws. At the end of the day the laws that rule are the laws of contracts and so forth. Stores have the discretion to do as they please. Most do the right thing to keep customers happy.

As for the coupon thing - that is fraud and deception. If you want to do it for 10 bucks it's on your own conscious.

As for the idea walmart doesn't lose money - they do lose money taking back fraudulent returns. They make no profit for the item - but they still have their regular overhead cost, still have to inventory the item, etc. etc. In the end, selling that item at cost loses them money because they don't recover even their expenses. Do that enough times and business go bankrupt. You can twist it however you want to make yourself feel better, but it is taking advantage of a store. Not to say wal-mart is a saintly entity, but that's a completely different conversation.

#278 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

I believe that the key to something being a fraud is deception. If all party involved know all information and everyone involved is still "ok" with the transaction there is no deception.

I would like to discuss return fraud regarding Wal-mart "lax" return policy. While I am not advacating returning things you bought somewhere to wal-mart, I am wondering if it is fraud to Wal-Mart. According to wikipedia; (the best concise definition I could find) "In the broadest sense, a fraud is a deception made for personal gain."

However; Wal-Mart allows people to return items without reciepts, and they have to be well aware that there is potenial for items not purchased from Wal-Mart. I am almost certain Wal-Mart knows this happens, I highly doubt a corporation like Wal-Mart would ever depend on a costumer honor system to protect any profit or assets.

Sure they have the "only 3 receiptless returns every 6 months" policy, but in every article and explanation on the website, Wal-Mart only gives the reason for the policy is to protect against massive stolen material return.

While this is in no way an explicit nod to allow people to return items to Wal-mart not purchased from them. I decided to go a little deeper.....

I purchased a 15 dollar ps2 game, and then left the store. I shopped at the mall and target among other places then returned. Of course I "forgot" my reciept in the car. The customer service was long, so while I was waiting I read the posted return policies. I did not see anything, although I could have missed it, that said anything about not returning non-wal-mart items. The closest thing I saw was that an item without a reciept must be in Wal-mart inventory.

I got up to the counter, and said I had gotten the game for Christmas in the mail from my grandparents. The clerk took the game out of my hand and scanned it......I felt guilty and interested so I started to explain," Yea, I already have the game, and I heard you guys do receiptless...I have no way of knowing that it has come from Wal-mart."

Did not matter. Before I barely got out my story she was handing me the giftcard and moving on the to the next costumer.

My friend told me that when he worked at Wal-Mart that "brand-new" products that had not been opened or serverly damaged were put right back on the shelf and sold at the normal price.

a fraud is a deception made for personal gain. There was no deception in my return story. The clerk knew full well that I had no receipt and that I had no clue whether it was from Wal-Mart or not. Of course it was from Wal-Mart, but no one there seem to care about the product other than whether it was in the system.

There was no deception involved. In fact, I made known on my on accord any information that might seen as deception. It was not for personal gain, but it could have just as easily been.

It would be return fraud, if you said I don't think this is from Wal-mart will you return it. Yes here's xx.xx giftcard. Is that how much you paid for it, and you lie and say yes even when you paid a lot less. That is deception for personal gain.

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit. If you can't see how everything you mentioned was purely deceptive and for personal gain, then you have no sense of ethics or morality. I'm going to break this down for you legally. You knowingly commit fraud/larceny under false pretenses when you return a non-Walmart item to Walmart. How and why?

First and foremost, you knew the item you were returning was not purchased from that store. You can try to tell yourself that's fine because the clerk assumed it was but that's irrelevant. The law only cares about your state of mind and your knowledge and, here, you knew the item you were returning wasn't from that store AND you intended to return it to receive additional money.

Second, you outright fabricated a story to get the clerk to take the item back and give you title (meaning full possession) of the extra money you had no right to. Even if you didn't fabricate the story, you still approached the clerk with the hopes that you would be able to pass off the item as one bought from Walmart. Explicit language you know the item didn't come from that store is not required. Again, this goes to YOUR knowledge and intent.

Three, the return policy is irrelevant unless it explicitly says we will accept returns from other stores, which it doesn't. You may think that Walmart taking back things without asking questions justifies your actions but it doesn't. The very definition of the word return is to give or bring back an item to its original location. You're not doing that here. You're buying an item from a separate store and then "selling" it to Walmart at a higher price under the guise of a return. The money you received, both covering your original purchase and any profit afterwards, is stolen, plain and simple.

Try to rationalize it anyway you want but you're committing fraud under false pretenses and that is a crime. And before you ask, yes, I'm an attorney.

Edited by Ardrid, 03 February 2010 - 04:43 PM.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#279 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:35 AM

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit. If you can't see how everything you mentioned was purely deceptive and for personal gain, then you have no sense of ethics or morality. I'm going to break this down for you legally. You knowingly commit fraud/larceny under false pretenses when you return a non-Walmart item to Walmart. How and why?

First and foremost, you knew the item you were returning was not purchased from that store. You can try to tell yourself that's fine because the clerk assumed it was but that's irrelevant. The law only cares about your state of mind and your knowledge and, here, you knew the item you were returning wasn't from that store AND you intended to return it to receive additional money.

Second, you outright fabricated a story to get the clerk to take the item back and give you title (meaning full possession) of the extra money you had no right to. Even if you didn't fabricate the story, you still approached the clerk with the hopes that you would be able to pass off the item as one bought from Walmart. Explicit language you know the item didn't come from that store is not required. Again, this goes to YOUR knowledge and intent.

Three, the return policy is irrelevant unless it explicitly says we will accept returns from other stores, which it doesn't. You may think that Walmart taking back things without asking questions justifies your actions but it doesn't. The very definition of the word return is to give or bring back an item to its original location. You're not doing that here. You're buying an item from a separate store and then "selling" it to Walmart at a higher price under the guise of a return. The money you received, both covering your original purchase and any profit afterwards, is stolen, plain and simple.

Try to rationalize it anyway you want but you're committing fraud under false pretenses and that is a crime. And before you ask, yes, I'm an attorney.

-Lawyered! (Fans of How I Met Your Mother get this joke? Lol)

Posted Image

#280 Xer07

Xer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

This is something that CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck should discuss on this issue for the next podcast. I personally think this BB glitch deal has got out of hand. I am hoping to see what they Cheapy has to say about this in a more elaborate and well thought manner since of course this site is used by flippers and there is just no way to get around that.

#281 Yuckmouth

Yuckmouth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

I don't really have a problem with people whistle blowing a deal dead. I look at it as "Hey, maybe they just saved someone's job". And thats all I think of. No games or deal are worth more to me than someone's livelyhood.

#282 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

The bigger moral quandary isn't even hoarding to take advantage of the glitch and denying others of cashing in on deals, it's taking advantage of Best Buy, who is already in financial trouble and laying off employees, and further contributing to their eroding bottom line. Yes, I know people are going to come in here and say Fuck Best Buy they suck, I'm glad to see them go out of business and don't care, but at the end of the day, lack of competition in the retail market hurts everyone.

I don't shop at Best Buy often because they are sparse up here in Connecticut, but they do sometimes have good deals, and I do enjoy shopping there from time to time, and will be sad when they shutter their stores for good, and I don't want to see them go.

#283 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

The bigger moral quandary isn't even hoarding to take advantage of the glitch and denying others of cashing in on deals, it's taking advantage of Best Buy, who is already in financial trouble and laying off employees, and further contributing to their eroding bottom line. Yes, I know people are going to come in here and say Fuck Best Buy they suck, I'm glad to see them go out of business and don't care, but at the end of the day, lack of competition in the retail market hurts everyone.

I don't shop at Best Buy often because they are sparse up here in Connecticut, but they do sometimes have good deals, and I do enjoy shopping there from time to time, and will be sad when they shutter their stores for good, and I don't want to see them go.

i agree. Eventually those same ppl are going to be singing a different tune, and saying they wish bestbuy was still around, because of all the good deal they got from bestbuy.

#284 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'll post my thoughts here even though I was so tempted to post in the other thread but decided not to.

I'm one of those people who dislike flippers that buy 2 or even 3 copies of a game just with the intent of flipping it to another retail store for store credit. True, early bird catches the worm, but you're deliberately denying others (including CAGs) the opportunity to enjoy the deal if they all want to do is play the game for cheap.

I can still remember how skewed Best Buy's trade in prices used to be last year and how that affected Gamefly's used console game sales. I really wanted :ps3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow for $12.99, but by the time I got off of work, Gamefly was sold out. Now I don't mind if people would have posted saying how great the game is, or that they're looking forward to giving it as a gift to their friend, but many CAGs were posting about how they flipped all their copies to Best Buy for profit. I only recently just got it from Sears brand new for $19.99 but only because I've given up on it ever going back on sale again.

On the other hand, glitches like Buy 2, Get 2 free from Best Buy are one of the reasons I joined CAG in the first place. I loved the sense of "us" versus "them". The underlying concept of the website for me is that we're all helping each other finding good deals, and the resulting comraderie is something that cannot be found on other deal sites. I've gotten miffed in the past when a deal I've already posted gets a duplicate post, but the person's intent is only to help out others share in the good fortune they themselves are in.

I'm looking at my 6 games that I have picked up today from Best Buy (2 are being shipped) still in their shrink wrap. I wouldn't have bought these games otherwise since I have a sizable backlog. Yeah, I made off pretty good but people's jobs may be affected, and it wouldn't be their CEO and upper level executives that'll feel the sting. I myself work in retail and would hate to find myself unemployed due to someone finding a loophole on a sale we're having. People steal from my store all the time (we find opened packages hidden behind other products on a daily basis) and I get upset knowing that it directly affects my 401K, inventory bonus, etc.

If this was Gamestop where they go out of the way to ripoff the unsuspecting shopper then I'd have no qualms about taking advantage of them. This is Best Buy however, the last retail store that's been going out of their way to give gamers great value and sales without pestering people for pre-orders and pushing used versions of games onto customers. Best Buy has had a reputation within my family for having terrible customer service in the past, but I the people I've encountered in the gaming department have for the most part been stand up guys and gals. I'd hate to see them lose their jobs as a result of something I've done.
I'm going to leave the games in their original packaging for now and will have to think about this over the next several days.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#285 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

i agree. Eventually those same ppl are going to be singing a different tune, and saying they wish bestbuy was still around, because of all the good deal they got from bestbuy.

We already lost some good competition in the marketplace when Circuit City went out of business. Can't deny that regardless of how you have felt about CC's actions before they closed for good.

New sig coming soon.

#286 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

As someone who is out of the loop - what happened this time?

But in general, flippers will be flippers. You can't start imposing arbitrary limits on the number of copies of something someone can purchase, or even the terms for purchase.

"You can only purchase 1 copy if you intend to play it."

"You can only purchase 1 copy to play and 1 to sit uselessly sealed on your shelf as a collectible."

"You can only purchase 1 copy to play and 2 copies to flip to lower the costs of the first item."

It just gets a bit ridiculous. You can attempt to have your own "shopping morality" as this thread is titled (really, more of shopping ethics, not morality), but good luck forcing that on others.

And for every CAG posting about buying 1 or 2 or 3 or however many copies to "flip," there's an untold number of people buying an untold number of games and trying to profit from them without needing to post about it on CAG.

You can't stop flippers. You can just follow your own code of conduct for purchasing games if it helps you sleep better at night.

As for glitches, gigantic corporations like Best Buy should have their sales and deals and what have you thoroughly checked. Whether a computer priced something wrong, or a human did, either way it comes down to human error since a human should have programmed the computer better. And if someone loses their job over it - they quite possibly should. If someone wants to tell Best Buy their site is glitching, that's fine. If no one does, that's on Best Buy for not noticing the glitch themselves. I've directly tried to ask on the Best Buy forums how they keep screwing up with glitches (this was a couple years back when they had a handful of glitches in a row) but they had no rationale for how it kept happening. They possibly could have cancelled the orders without threats of "BAIT AND SWITCH ILLEGAL SCAMMING" since I think obvious price mistakes provide a legal loophole, but they shipped them anyway so that's also a decision on someone's shoulders at Best Buy. Either someone who okayed the sales or someone who programmed their system to not flag orders like whatever occurred. It's really not the consumer's problem.

#287 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

I know this isn't the best thread for it, but BB seems to be honoring their transactions if you chose shipping.

#288 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

I know this isn't the best thread for it, but BB seems to be honoring their transactions if you chose shipping.

you knew they would mostly honor it .. I remember back around thanksgiving they had

BUY 2 used 19.99 games+ get 10 buck gift card or something like that

well it worked with any games so you could grabbed 2 4.99 games and got them free ....

2. 4.99 games and 10 buck gift card for 10 bucks..

hell i would admit i made like 20 orders and 14 of them shipped ... the other 7 i made money off them cause 7 of the games shipped and 7 still in process

so
i got

4.99 game and a 10 buck gift card for 4.99 (since the other game never shipped)
WOOOO I STINK

#289 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

That's what they did with Circuit City. These types of people only care about the short term, not the long term.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#290 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yes BBY is doing so horribly because of glitches. My ass.

The reasons they cited were because of lower TV sales, and slow to recognize Amazon. And with the plummet of games sales already happening, it's a drop in the bucket. If anything, you should boycott Amazon if you want to save BBY.

On the glitch thing, sure I participated. There was a store with several copies of Pokemon Conquest, so I stayed up to buy a copy, but they were already gone by the time the sale was live. I didn't stay up hoping for a glitch.

But I wouldn't have bought the games I was going to had it not been B2G2, which is a fact. Whether or not they actually "lost" money is debatable. Would they lose more money if I had waited for then to be on sale (Black Friday is like 4 months away, and I have games to play for much longer than that). Would it have been better for the gaming industry to buy them in the B2G2 glitch for new, or when it hits $14.99 at Gamefly?

I didn't order any $60 titles, even though they were in my cart, just because I didn't think I'd want to pay $33 a piece for them.

I have no sympathy for their coder. Saying someone shouldn't lose a job because they can't do it is ridiculous. Hire someone who doesn't have a job who can do the work.

As for being fraud or hacking", I don't think it is. I did what their system allowed, no more, no less. Are you people returning extra certificates issued to you that you did nothing to get? I doubt it. That's the exact same thing. Or penny guides. Or getting 20 copies of Fairytale Fighters. Or Deadliest Warriors for free. Or reusing coupons. Or using two coupons from two magazines, since you're supposed to be limited to one. They're all "glitches."

And someone on the deals thread said the same people participating in this probably pirates games. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. A) why would a pirate buy games at any price, if they're already pirating, and B) why is it bad if these pirates are now spending money in the gaming industry, especially if they're buying new items?

#291 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

I participated in this glitch and I hate piracy and would never pirate a game. I got 3 first party 3DS games and the Ico/Shadow Collection that were all priced as 40 each for 80$. I dont even have my 3DS yet but I jumped on it cause it was a great deal. Im confident in saying that I never would've purchased these items from bestbuy if this "glitch" wasn't happen. I see nothing wrong with using something they allow on their own website. Bestbuy held 3 blackfriday orders of mine in 2011 for more than a month just to cancel them, I didn't bitch about it. Now Im abusing them back and they aren't bitching about it either. Eitherway it's all by their rules.

People say that using an online glitch is wrong, yet there are tons of people here who choose to go in a store and get a partial refund because a game dropped in 10$ or try to get coupons/promotions to stack when they shouldn't. Also to people who return things because of a price drop elsewhere, or they price match at the store, do they not see the negative effects of this? Whether you're not paying full price by using a coupon, website glitch, promotion, price match, etc, it still hurts the company but what all those things do provide is a sale to the company.

#292 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Glitch or exploit? I wasn't around for the B2G2 until late in the day, and then had to read back a bit it figure out out went on. To me, it seems more like exploiting the system. Reading the steps to do it on the BB forum, it certainly seems you had to go out of your way to get it to work. It wasn't just put four in cart and two are free. You had to almost force it to get 2 free.

On the other hand, I think the $50 store pickup is a glitch. Make your order, pick it up, and wait for your $10 cert. You do nothing wrong if they send you multiple certs.

In one scenario, you are trying to get away with something. In the other, you follow the rules, and it is their system giving you extra.

#293 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

People say that using an online glitch is wrong, yet there are tons of people here who choose to go in a store and get a partial refund because a game dropped in 10$ or try to get coupons/promotions to stack when they shouldn't. Also to people who return things because of a price drop elsewhere, or they price match at the store, do they not see the negative effects of this?

How is that a moral issue when that's store policy? The difference is someone isn't getting their ass kicked for it like whoever didn't catch that glitch is because you wanted some free games.

#294 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

:applause: I agree with you....for once.

When Circuit City closed, there were zero chains up here in the northeast that really could compete with Best Buy. There's no Fry's, Hastings or anything else I've even half considered a halfway decent chain up here STILL to compete with them.

What we got in place of Circuit City(they even took over their old retail stores in many cases) is HHGregg, which makes WalMart look like Dollar Tree by comparison.

Any time I've gone into HHGregg it's been laughable. Their prices are 10-15% or more higher than everybody else and on the paltry selection of gaming related stuff they have they truly do believe that MSRP is just a suggested price(example: They charge $60 for a Dual Shock 3 instead of the industry standard $54.99).

So yeah, if BB goes under, then I'm SOL for places to get my gaming deals at, since Sears/Kmart are on the brink of oblivion again(and the local game store owner and his one buddy are fuckin' clearing them out anymore:roll:), TRU has ceased doing reliable/good sales and Target has very few decent sales anymore.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#295 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

I didn't participate in the best buy glitch because there simply aren't 4 games out right now that I want and don't have. I can think of Twisted Metal, Star Wars Kinect, and GOW Origins as basically it. But they aren't liked price, and I see TM and SWK dropping at some point and they aren't even must plays for me (hell, I just want SWK for the Han Solo DDR bullshit lol). That being said, if this happened when there was a ton of stuff I wanted and it was in stock and like priced, I'd probably have taken part.

#296 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Um...I just hate moral police. Yes, certain things are wrong. BUT I find it quite annoying when someone pops into a thread with unwanted opinions and starts commenting on every incident somone did something 'immoral'. Glitches are a little different, than say doing return fraud.
Posted Image

#297 Dwarf Cabochan

Dwarf Cabochan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Just wanted to warn anyone listening that I got an email from xbox permanently banning my account (with 20,000+gamer points) AND my console for:

This account was permanently suspended for the theft or attempted theft of marketplace assets, specifically by attempting to utilize or share fraudulent methods in order to obtain content or redemption codes.

The specific conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

- Promotion or distribution of fraudulent methods in order to obtain marketplace content
- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing
- Illegitimate acquisition of marketplace content
- Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

http://www.xbox.com/...l/CodeOfConduct
http://www.xbox.com/Legal/LiveTOU

The second point is exactly what happened. I got all the Oman and Russian stuff using the methods posted previously here. SUCKS! Lost account, all DLC, arcade games, avatar purchases and have a bricked machine.

I read all the posts saying no one's been banned etc, but if you go to xbox live forums you can see a ton of people getting banned for this now.

Again:
- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing

Well good luck. I guess it sucks to be me now.

And if anyone asks, no I didn't do anything else. Never played on another machine, never bought sketchy MS point cards etc etc. just got and played the Oman/Russia stuff

#298 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Just wanted to warn anyone listening that I got an email from xbox permanently banning my account (with 20,000+gamer points) AND my console for:

This account was permanently suspended for the theft or attempted theft of marketplace assets, specifically by attempting to utilize or share fraudulent methods in order to obtain content or redemption codes.

The specific conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

- Promotion or distribution of fraudulent methods in order to obtain marketplace content
- Illegitimate acquisition of marketplace content
- Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

http://www.xbox.com/...l/CodeOfConduct
http://www.xbox.com/Legal/LiveTOU

The second point is exactly what happened. I got all the Oman and Russian stuff using the methods posted previously here. SUCKS! Lost account, all DLC, arcade games, avatar purchases and have a bricked machine.

I read all the posts saying no one's been banned etc, but if you go to xbox live forums you can see a ton of people getting banned for this now.

Again:

Well good luck. I guess it sucks to be me now.

And if anyone asks, no I didn't do anything else. Never played on another machine, never bought sketchy MS point cards etc etc. just got and played the Oman/Russia stuff

Damn. Never participated in this but have seen dozens of threads with lots of activity on CAG promoting this kind of stuff. Looks like we'll have lots of angry Xbox users in the near future.

#299 GundamFan

GundamFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

I can confirm that console bans are indeed going out. I just received mine today after logging off for a quick break from Diablo 3. Logged on not more than 30 minutes later and got the console ban. I used an Oman account to get free games but I never hacked, modded, shared accounts or even license transfer. No doubt as to the reason I was banned.

#300 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

I can confirm that console bans are indeed going out. I just received mine today after logging off for a quick break from Diablo 3. Logged on not more than 30 minutes later and got the console ban. I used an Oman account to get free games but I never hacked, modded, shared accounts or even license transfer. No doubt as to the reason I was banned.

was yours only a console ban? Can you log into xbox.com and see all your info?

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer