The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1306 replies to this topic

#61 EvyLou

EvyLou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:55 AM

I saw a bunch of Mario Pinball Land (GBA) tonight for $20.98 - not much of a clearance, but maybe worth it after a few more drops.

I also saw the Fire Emblem (GBA) for $14.98 as reported.......is that game worth $15? should I pick it up? any thoughts? i've never played the fire emblem games before.....

#62 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:04 AM

checked my local targets, found nothing but Metroid Prime 2

I was looking for We <3 Katamari... anyone who was able to pick up multiples willing to part with one?

if you could fine me kirby ds or advance wars ds, I will trade you for it. I managed to snatch one at my local kmart for $15.00.

#63 io

io

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:16 AM

Xbox Doom 3 Collector's Edition $4.98
Beaverton, OR

Since I'll probably be getting a 360 soon I'm starting to pick up cheap Xbox games, so I grabbed it. I figured for $5 it has got to be worth a shot (or tradeable in any case).

#64 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:17 AM

Xbox Doom 3 Collector's Edition $4.98
Beaverton, OR

Since I'll probably be getting a 360 soon I'm starting to pick up cheap Xbox games, so I grabbed it. I figured for $5 it has got to be worth a shot (or tradeable in any case).

Its definetly worth at least one playthrough.

#65 io

io

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:23 AM

Its definetly worth at least one playthrough.

Yeah, I figured I should know that, but I've actually never played any version of Doom and am not a big FPS guy. But now I have this for $5 and Half-Life 2 for $2 from Kmart. I figured for $7 combined I might as well give 'em a shot, though they will sit on the backlog pile for a while most likely.

Doom 3 has an 88 average from Metacritic, so that's good enough for me to keep it.

#66 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

anyone who picked up kirby canvas curse or yoshi touch, do you have the dpci #? Would like to try and hunt fown a copy, thanks.
Posted Image

#67 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:12 AM

Noticed Fraud saw Conker Live and Reloaded-- would love to get this to have another cool game to play on Live other than Halo 2 (I'm a sucker with no 360) so if anyone in AZ sees this game, please post a reply! 10 bucks is the perfect price for this game. Thanks.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#68 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

Got One Piece: Pirates' Carnival (GC) for $4.98 and Gunpey DS for $7.48 today. Amazed they dropped again so quick since I was just there two days ago and it was double that.

The iPod system was still at $174.98 though and did not drop like the others did that week. What's the next drop price on that one expected to be?

#69 io

io

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:21 AM

Got One Piece: Pirates' Carnival (GC) for $4.98 and Gunpey DS for $7.48 today. Amazed they dropped again so quick since I was just there two days ago and it was double that.

DAMN, I definitely want those two at those prices (after having seen both at twice that). However, I scanned a One Piece on Sunday (presumably the same time you did) and it was still $9.98. And thus the YMMV on Target clearance pricing raises its ugly head. :lol:

#70 CGH

CGH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

The 2 copies of We <3 Katamari and 2 copies of WarioWare: Touched that I got didn't get marked down until a few days after the price cuts were first announced on CAG. Some Targets just take a little longer to do their markdowns.

On Thursday, Lego SW GBA was stickered at $14.98. I went back on Saturday and it was re-stickered at $7.48. Check for the DPCI# 207040146 within the next few days.

I will but I have a feeling that when it drops to $7.48 I will not find it again.:(

Is Mario Kart DS going clearance anytime soon?

#71 hopeunknown

hopeunknown

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

updated the list, and thought i'd add this at the bottom as an fyi:

not game-related, but Target offers coupons on groceries that are printable and more than one can be used on a transaction (1 per item), and also mfg. coupons stack. http://coupons.50webs.org/ is the site with all the current coupons. figured i'd share because i lurk SD as they do here and i know some people are poor college students (like myself) or have kids or just want to save some $$. :D

#72 hopeunknown

hopeunknown

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

I will but I have a feeling that when it drops to $7.48 I will not find it again.:(

Is Mario Kart DS going clearance anytime soon?

i highly doubt it, considering it still sells crazy good. especially since tons of parents bought their kids ds lites this past holiday season (and stock still hasn't fully recovered) and mario kart ds and new super mario bros were some of the more familiar titles parents buy their kids. plus i think it was even being advertised in the fall, despite it being released a year ago.

#73 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

DAMN, I definitely want those two at those prices (after having seen both at twice that). However, I scanned a One Piece on Sunday (presumably the same time you did) and it was still $9.98. And thus the YMMV on Target clearance pricing raises its ugly head. :lol:

I saw the same prices at my target this weekend, though I didn't get them out of the case to scan. My son is wanting the one piece, he may buy it at $10, but at $5 it's a definite buy.

#74 CGH

CGH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

I just returned from Target when I arrived at the store a employee was price checking and marking the games. I bought their final copy of Lego Star Wars GBA $7.48 :) and I also bought an extra copy of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones $7.48 to trade I am looking to trade it for Kirby Canvas Curse or Mega Man Zero 4. Genji Dawn of the Samurai is now $7.48

#75 jah2004

jah2004

War Damn Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

Score! Went into my Target this morning looking for We love katamari, and there was one copy left in the front of the clearance rack for $7.48!! And if that wasn't enough, I got the last copy of Pikmin 2 (non PC) for $9.99! Im a happy gamer today.
Currently Playing:
:wii:Kirby's Epic Yarn

Last Completed:
:wii:Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy

#76 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't have the time to scan the whole thread.

Just was at Target picking up supplies and found

Conkers Bad Fur Day (Xbox) $4.98
Burnout Revenge (Xbox) $4.98
Streets of NY (Xbox) $4.98
Mercenaries (Xbox) $9.98

I bought Conker, already have Streets of NY Collector's Edition, and I have the 360 version of Burnout Revenge.

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but didn't.

Posted Image

#77 blair2100

blair2100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

Just got back from target. Got Death Jr. PSP for 4.98, Gunpey DS 7.48, X-men Legends 2 - GC 4.98, Wipeout PSP - $4.98, Twisted Metal PSP 4.98. This was the Muskegon, MI store.

#78 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't have the time to scan the whole thread.

Just was at Target picking up supplies and found

Conkers Bad Fur Day (Xbox) $4.98
Burnout Revenge (Xbox) $4.98
Streets of NY (Xbox) $4.98
Mercenaries (Xbox) $9.98

I bought Conker, already have Streets of NY Collector's Edition, and I have the 360 version of Burnout Revenge.

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but didn't.

Posted Image

4.98 for Conker? Damn I gotta go buy that.

#79 Melatonin

Melatonin

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

Scored the last copies of RE4 and Starfox Assault for $9.98 each today, and Gunpey DS for $7.48. They had lots of copies of Baten Kaitos and Mario Golf for GC also at $9.98, but I'm going to wait til they get to the $5 range.
Posted Image

#80 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

Anyone know if camping/fishing/sporting goods get dropped on Mondays as well? I'm waiting on some camping gear and fishing poles to drop to 75% off and want to get there the day they drop. Also wouldn't mind grabbing a dart board and a foosball table.

Banner1.png

#81 io

io

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

Scored the last copies of RE4 and Starfox Assault for $9.98 each today, and Gunpey DS for $7.48. They had lots of copies of Baten Kaitos and Mario Golf for GC also at $9.98, but I'm going to wait til they get to the $5 range.

Wait, which Baten Kaitos are you talking about? Not the newer one!? I haven't seen the older one around for ages though. I'd snap up the newer one at $9.98 in a heartbeat.

#82 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

Wait, which Baten Kaitos are you talking about? Not the newer one!? I haven't seen the older one around for ages though. I'd snap up the newer one at $9.98 in a heartbeat.

As reported earlier in this thread, it's the older one. I found a store with a bunch of copies as well, although most stores are sold out of it.

Banner1.png

#83 io

io

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

As reported earlier in this thread, it's the older one. I found a store with a bunch of copies as well, although most stores are sold out of it.

Ooops, I guess I ignored that entry as I haven't seen the older BK at a Target in well over a year. It has been clearanced out at so many other places since then as well!

I'm waiting on that new one to drop. With my luck it will go OOP and become rare (since I bought the first one at full price originally then saw it everywhere for less than $10).

#84 hopeunknown

hopeunknown

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

I managed to snag Sonic Advance for $9.98 and Gunpey for $7.48. Skeptical if Gunpey will be any good, but eh, if it sucks I'm sure I can resell it or trade it or something.

Too bad neither of the stores I've been to in the area have any of the GameCube games.

#85 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Ooops, I guess I ignored that entry as I haven't seen the older BK at a Target in well over a year. It has been clearanced out at so many other places since then as well!

I'm waiting on that new one to drop. With my luck it will go OOP and become rare (since I bought the first one at full price originally then saw it everywhere for less than $10).

Possibly...they definitely printed less of the new one than the old one...and games printed near the end of a console's life have a tendency for shorter print runs and rarity down the line.

Banner1.png

#86 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Anyone know if camping/fishing/sporting goods get dropped on Mondays as well? I'm waiting on some camping gear and fishing poles to drop to 75% off and want to get there the day they drop. Also wouldn't mind grabbing a dart board and a foosball table.

Mondays are electronics, IIRC. My store had a bunch of golf stuff on sale...right after I buy some better stuff elsewhere.

#87 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

Damn. If anyone runs across a Conker, I'll pay cost+shipping+extra...

#88 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

As will I.

#89 batmundo

batmundo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Did anyone here pick up an extra copy of Kirby Canvas Curse? If so, I would like to buy that off you....I've been to a zillion stores in LA, not a single on has it (non-Targets included)

#90 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

DCPI #'s for anything people have purchased would be helpful to try and find out inventory at other stores.