.01 strat guides @BB LOZ:WW,Enter the Matrix 4.99 GhostRe:IT

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
seriously, it's ridiculous. i went for the f-zero guide, but all these others were also a penny. i only found out though cuz when the guy saw me with 4 guides for 4 cents, he grabbed a copy of each guide to check em. so have someone help ya go through the guides.
kingdom hearts was also a penny.
wind waker
f-zero
kingdom hearts
enter the matrix
ghost recon: island thunder

Both best buys I went to were comlete asses about this...

Vietcong and Mafia PC guides are also a penny

FF Tactics Advance for 1 penny at Norwalk CT store meaning that its probably the same elsewhere. I want the FFX-2 book though, that rang up normal price as did M&L: SS.

if anybody wants to sell me a kingdom hearts guide, i'll pay you 5 bucks for it, plus media mail shipping... and if there are more that i can think of later, i'll buy them too :D . hehe, you can make a profit and buy 499 game guides, lol!

ps. i can pay through paypal.

I have extra guides of Counterstrike, Rainbox Six 3, Metroid Prime/Fusion, Def Jam Vendetta, Super Mario Advance 4, and Star Wars Roque Squadron for trade. I am looking for guides for any of these games... Breath of Fire : Dragon Quarter, Dark Cloud, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Enter the Matrix, Final Fantasy X, ICO, Jak 2, Tekken 4, Wild Arms 3, and Xenosaga. You can direct trade offers to me at [email protected].

The Action Replay Code Book volume 2 is also down to .01. I thought it was just codes, so I dont need it. Whoever wants it just needs to pay shipping.

For anyone who has had no luck finding 1 cent guides:

I highly recommend going to the customer service desk and asking for any 1 cent/clearance guides. I scored some DBZ: taiketsu, counterstrike, XIII, conflict: desert storm II, and TMNT guides this way. The guy there even said that he wasn't supposed to charge for these guides, so I walked out of there with 5+ guides free!

[quote name='JackSuper']For anyone who has had no luck finding 1 cent guides:

I highly recommend going to the customer service desk and asking for any 1 cent/clearance guides. I scored some DBZ: taiketsu, counterstrike, XIII, conflict: desert storm II, and TMNT guides this way. The guy there even said that he wasn't supposed to charge for these guides, so I walked out of there with 5+ guides free![/quote]

whoa thats a good tip jack..ill try that sometime this week...my bb in chula vista got rid of all their old guides so there might be i chance they got them at customer service..

Not too much luck. I've been to three Best Buys and picked up one TMNT guide. I still have one more to try. Thanks for this thread though. Now I know who has what though when other guides drop.

I don't think anyone has mentioned that the Tron 2.0 guide for PC is a penny. First guide at BB I've ever seen to actually have a $0.01 sticker on the guide.

I have an extra copy of:
Secret Weapons over Normandy
XIII
SMB3
Rainbow Six 3
Counterstrike
TMNT
Gladius
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

I would like to trade any of these for: THUG, Metriod Prime/Fussion, Donkey Kong Country, and LoZ:WW.

If you are interested, PM me.

i just grabbed Action replay code book v1 and Wario World.. anyone care to trade, PM me. i only want ps2 strat guides tho..

i went to BB 2day and i saw 01$ price tags for the first time they were on DK country and brute force and i got dbz taiketsu but the funkin' disc was jacked from it, also got fire emblem, SMB 3, hope the FF:CC gets to a penny soon

[quote name='Uncle Fuz']I actually saw 1 cent guides at my Best Buy for the first time. Too bad they were all sold out. D=[/quote]

Um, How did you see them if they were all sold out?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']got the zelda collectors edition for $2.99 at game crazy they said it was a used guide but they didnt know i changed the price tag of it 2 days b4 haha[/quote]

I hope that was just a joke in poor taste. You'll find that many CAGs are anti-fraud, and even many of the CAGs that aren't know better than to post of such activities and draw negative attention to the site.

gamecrazy rips ppl off anyways so it doesnt really matter, they give u $1 for a $15 guide and then sell a used guide for $3, i even saw them selling bomberman generation for $35 and on the back of the case it showed a 18$ price tag for a different store but at gamestop it is $17, game crazy gives u more credit for trade in though

Looking for the following guides
Kingdom Hearts and Fire Emblem

Will do a one for one trade for the following guides that I have
Super Mario Advanced 4 Nintendo New
Metroid Prime / Fusion Prima Used
NFL Football Fever 2004 Prima New
Return to Castle Wolfenstein Prima Used
Starfox Adventures Pirma Used
Zelda Ocarina of Time Prima New

Thanks Jason
email me at [email protected]
If you want to trade

[quote name='greyzieoriental']gamecrazy rips ppl off anyways so it doesnt really matter, they give u $1 for a $15 guide and then sell a used guide for $3, i even saw them selling bomberman generation for $35 and on the back of the case it showed a 18$ price tag for a different store but at gamestop it is $17, game crazy gives u more credit for trade in though[/quote]

How is that ripping you off?

Rhino Video Games by me gives $1 for used guides and sells them for $5, but i dont think thats a ripoff. They take the chance that they wont ever sell that guide. They have to make sure that they sell one used guide for every four that they buy, and thats not easy to do. I would consider myself lucky to ever get that $1 in the first place. Especially if you are getting all the guides for .01.

[quote name='sman113'][quote name='greyzieoriental']gamecrazy rips ppl off anyways so it doesnt really matter, they give u $1 for a $15 guide and then sell a used guide for $3, i even saw them selling bomberman generation for $35 and on the back of the case it showed a 18$ price tag for a different store but at gamestop it is $17, game crazy gives u more credit for trade in though[/quote]

How is that ripping you off?

Rhino Video Games by me gives $1 for used guides and sells them for $5, but i dont think thats a ripoff. They take the chance that they wont ever sell that guide. They have to make sure that they sell one used guide for every four that they buy, and thats not easy to do. I would consider myself lucky to ever get that $1 in the first place. Especially if you are getting all the guides for .01.[/quote]

The local shop by me gives $2-3 in credit :wink:

[quote name='greyzieoriental']gamecrazy rips ppl off anyways so it doesnt really matter, they give u $1 for a $15 guide and then sell a used guide for $3, i even saw them selling bomberman generation for $35 and on the back of the case it showed a 18$ price tag for a different store but at gamestop it is $17, game crazy gives u more credit for trade in though[/quote]

Boohoo. If you don't like the price, don't buy the game! Quit your whining and go buy it somewhere else!

Just because you don't like their pricing structure doesn't give you the right to flat out steal from the company!

I am looking for ANY Zelda guides.

I have:

Tony Hawk's Underground
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Star Wars Rebel Strike
Counterstrike
Wario World (Kind of Beat Up)
Fire Emblem
XIII

If you want to trade e-mail me at:
[email protected]

Here is a compiled list of all of the deals listed in this thread as well as ones I have found. I will try to paste an up to date one ever 20-40 posts so you don’t have to read every post. Just cut, paste, print, and GO!!!

Best Buy .01

(The .01 guides have stickers listed on the shelf in Fort Wayne Indiana. I asked customer service about having magazines back there and she said no we put them at the ends of registers for people to take for free.)

Action Replay Code book Vol 1 - Prima
Action Replay Code book Vol 2 - Prima
Brute Force
Conflict: Desert Storm II
Counterstrike
Donkey Kong Country for Gba - nintendo
Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Gokou 2 - Prima
Dragon Ball Z GBA
Enter the matrix - Brady
Fire Emblem GBA
F-zero - Nintendo
Gameshark Codes 2003 - Brady
Gladius
Hulk
Kingdom hearts - Brady
Madden 2004
Mafia PC
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Myst 3 Exile - Prima
NCAA Football 2004 - Prima
Pokemon saphire/ruby - Nintendo
Rainbow Six 3
Rebel Strike
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Silent Hill 3 - Brady
Sonic DX - Prima
Soul Caliber 2 - Brady
Star Wars: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic
Super Mario Bros 3 GBA
Taiketsu GBA
THUG = Tony hawk underground
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness - Prima
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
Virtua Fighter 4
Vietcong
Wario World - Nintendo
XIII
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Nintendo
Zelda: wind waker - Nintendo, Brady

Toys R Us .01

(Note - According to the personnel at the TRU in Fort Wayne, Indiana there is a company mandate to ship back all guides that are .01 but they still have 2.00 guides on the shelves though so the truth of this may still be somewhat of a mystery)

Dark Cloud 2
Blood Rayne
Timesplitters 2
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny - Prima
Metroid Prime/Metroid Fusion (covers both games in one guide) - Prima
Syphon Filter 3

Gamestop

Brady Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirit

EB Games .01

(I spoke with the manager at the Glenbrook mall location in Fort Wayne Indiana and he said that most guides are dropped to a penny around the six-month time frame. He didn’t seem to care as he said just clearing stock for the new stuff. If you have a cool staff might not hurt to ask what if any they have)

Brute Force

Meijer (Reduced Prices) {price confirmed at stores in Indiana and Ohio}

F-Zero - Nintendo $2.00

'nother Fort wayne person here, too. Did you guys buy extra of those guides? I bought a few extra and took 'em into McVan's and they gave me $4 apeice for them! Can't beat that....

Wow at least 3 Fort Wayne people = P. Wait there is only 2 fort wayner's signed up on the CAG meetup board. Which one of you didn't sign up ¿? = P kidding.

Nope I was only able to snag one fzero guide for a penny and one silent hill 3 guide. Sorry.

Unrelated to this thread. If you need a Game cube 251 card you may want to call Toys R Us and see if they have any in stock as they ring up 10.59 after tax and that will likely expire today.

Umm thats the only local current good deal I can think of.

Got Disgaea for -3.00 or so at Gamestop/Babages with some crappy trade ins. Grins. Ok enough off topic posting. Please add any Fort Wayne specific deals or anywhere deals please and thank you.

I just checked and Babbages doesn't have any more of the Arc the Lad guides. EB said they had just gotten rid of their cheap guides. They had thrown them away. I did get a Luigi's Mansion for $2 at meijer. It was buried under a bunch of mags and bargin games. I tried scanning rebel strike but it turned out to be normal price. It had two barcodes and I scanned the one it wouldn't read.

Babbages/Gamestop/Funco are supposed to throw away immdiatley their guides when they hit a penny. You have to get really lucky and know what guides are $.01 and buy htem before they get tossed that morning.

I just took a couple to Software etc to see if they would take them. They gave a buck each. While that is pretty lame, I wonder what they would do if I came in with 50 of them and traded for a new game? Does gamestop etc... limit quantity on trades?

[quote name='erehwon']I just checked and Babbages doesn't have any more of the Arc the Lad guides. EB said they had just gotten rid of their cheap guides. They had thrown them away. I did get a Luigi's Mansion for $2 at meijer. It was buried under a bunch of mags and bargin games. I tried scanning rebel strike but it turned out to be normal price. It had two barcodes and I scanned the one it wouldn't read.[/quote]

Did they happen to say if there was any kind of schedule or is it just random? If they did it like every Sat. then there might be a chance we could go in on Fri. and pick some up. Just a thought....

[quote name='erehwon']The only schedule the EB guy gave me was like 3 to 4 months, I think. I should have asked for a date.[/quote]
I'm gonna try to stop in there in th next couple of days so I'll try to remember about asking...

I just picked up two strategy guides for $0.01 each at Best Buy: Max Payne 2 and Manhunt. Amazing how quickly they start dumping these guides.

[quote name='starman9000']I just took a couple to Software etc to see if they would take them. They gave a buck each. While that is pretty lame, I wonder what they would do if I came in with 50 of them and traded for a new game? Does gamestop etc... limit quantity on trades?[/quote]

I think they do, or at least they have the option to. I remember back in '99, Toys R US had damn hundreds of guides for .01. I bought a whole mess and took it to gamestop and the guy was taking them all in until he stumbled upon the 30 or so Tekken 3 guides I had and refused them.

[quote name='Machine']I just picked up two strategy guides for $0.01 each at Best Buy: Max Payne 2 and Manhunt. Amazing how quickly they start dumping these guides.[/quote]

Can anyone confirm this price for these two guides?

[quote name='GundamFan']so how long does it take for guides to become that cheap? I don't recall seeing prices like that in Orlando, FL.[/quote]

Well, Manhunt, Max Payne 2 and Prince of Persia were all released in Nov/Dec, so it looks like Best Buy is now dropping them to a penny after just two months!

[quote name='sman113']I've got an extra copy of thesen new guides if anyone wants to trade, i am still looking for THUG.[/quote]

I have an extra THUG...do you have any other guides to trade besides these new ones?

bread's done
Back