.01 stuff at EB/Gamestop, also PS1 Combo Price Drop

shiningslade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I was talking to a manager at EB yesterday and he gave me the following info;
All Music CD's are pennied out
All USED PC games are pennied out
And the PS1 LCD Screen/System combo pack is $40, marked down from the rediculous price of $149.

I apologize in advance if any of this info has been posted already.:cool:

[quote name='xokxtrunks']All music CD's are a penny?![/quote]

Now, these deals are at the stores? Like, i can just walk into my local EB and pick up any CD or PC game for $0.01?

Yes at the stores, but most stores have either shipped them to another store or they've just trashed them. And yes to the PC games as long as they are USED.:cool:

[quote name='shiningslade']Yes at the stores, but most stores have either shipped them to another store or they've just trashed them. And yes to the PC games as long as they are USED.:cool:[/quote]

Is there any way to guarantee this? Im gonna be heading to my local EB later today and im not sure what to do or say if i find a used PC game thats not $0.01...

[quote name='SynGamer']Is there any way to guarantee this? Im gonna be heading to my local EB later today and im not sure what to do or say if i find a used PC game thats not $0.01...[/quote]
Used PC games were pennied out a few weeks ago. Odds are good that they're already destroyed (stores seemed to be a lot more on top of this than the penny guide drops), but if you find a used PC game, it will be a penny.

[quote name='SynGamer']Is there any way to guarantee this? Im gonna be heading to my local EB later today and im not sure what to do or say if i find a used PC game thats not $0.01...[/quote]

They will ring up a penny but they don't have to sell them to you. If there are any left on the shelves (doubtful) they probably will refuse to sell them to you. Also, it has to be a USED PC game.

Would be a good sale but my local EB no longer sell used PC games (haven't for about 5 months now) and they've never sold music CD's..

Wow this news is old, I work at an EB and when all our music CDs got pennied out some employee was just going from store to store building up quite a collection.

I think he got a few hundred CDs for like 5 bucks. A lot of crap, but still pretty cool.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Wow this news is old, I work at an EB and when all our music CDs got pennied out some employee was just going from store to store building up quite a collection.

I think he got a few hundred CDs for like 5 bucks. A lot of crap, but still pretty cool.[/quote]

So, were they pennied out at the same time the used PC games were?

[quote name='jkam']Now I have to remember where I saw that combo....[/QUOTE]

I know where I've seen two, but I have to pass since I just bought one of the GC screens at a TRU.

[quote name='guessed']So, were they pennied out at the same time the used PC games were?[/quote]
I think CDs were pennied out months and months ago.

Used PC games just went penny a few weeks ago.

I'd search for the thread, but I can't use "used" or "EB", so I'm left with music. :lol:

[quote name='niceguyshawne']The PSOne combo is tempting even though I already have one.[/QUOTE]

One noob question, can the PSOne combo only use a car power supply or can it also use standard AC power supply out of the box?

More specific questions:
(1) Is it any good? Worth the $40?
(2) It only plays PS1 games right? or can you plug a PS2 into the LCD Screen and use it like a "spare TV"?

Thanks for your help!

Sony released a box set of all their MMO's (EQ, EQII, SW:Galaxies, Matrix Online), and that has recently been pennied out. It includes a free month of play (not sure if it's one month for every game)

My store had two left in stock, we gave one to a customer and one of the employees got one.

Just a heads up.

[quote name='Asgardian']One noob question, can the PSOne combo only use a car power supply or can it also use standard AC power supply out of the box?

More specific questions:
(2) It only plays PS1 games right? or can you plug a PS2 into the LCD Screen and use it like a "spare TV"?

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]
does not play in a car unless you buy a dc adapter
1 i love it although the screen size is small if your used to a 19 inch monitor or 27 in tv so def worth it
2 you can buy a camcorder adapter cable and coupler for about 10 bucks to use any rca video source

[quote name='Asgardian']One noob question, can the PSOne combo only use a car power supply or can it also use standard AC power supply out of the box?

More specific questions:

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

The PSOne uses an AC power supply, the car charger and battery are both sold seperately.

1) I take mine when I travel for work. This saves me the trouble of lugging around the larger systems or having to hook it up to a tv. Also, I enjoy the games more than GBA games (I do not have a DS or PSP yet).

2) There is a cord that you can purchase seperately that allows you to hook the screen to other players.

Hey thanks for the info... very tempting indeed... but the protability is a smaller plus for me as I have the slim PS2 which is good enough for travel... I want the LCD screen more than anything I guess...

[quote name='GetStoopd']Sony released a box set of all their MMO's (EQ, EQII, SW:Galaxies, Matrix Online), and that has recently been pennied out. It includes a free month of play (not sure if it's one month for every game)

My store had two left in stock, we gave one to a customer and one of the employees got one.

Just a heads up.[/quote]

The matrix online was pennied awhile ago, but when were all the other ones pennied out? I might have to make a trip over there if this was recent.

Thanks. Picked up 2 copies of station access collection for free. Nice deal!

Also, yeah the matrix online was pennied out. I can second that (I got 10 copies of them that i gave to my engineering friends for free).

[quote name='Prepster']The matrix online was pennied awhile ago, but when were all the other ones pennied out? I might have to make a trip over there if this was recent.[/QUOTE]
It's ONLY the box set, which I don't recall seeing before...ever.

The PSOne combos are only $40 for the used ones. The new ones are still $150.

[quote name='kosmos13x']yeah its under the name "station access collection" on the box. Its one of the wide ones. Look for that.[/quote]

Ahhh, so all of those games are actually in this box set??? Hmm will have to check this out.

[quote name='shiningslade']I was talking to a manager at EB yesterday and he gave me the following info;
All Music CD's are pennied out
All USED PC games are pennied out
And the PS1 LCD Screen/System combo pack is $40, marked down from the rediculous price of $149.

I apologize in advance if any of this info has been posted already.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I just went into a GS and asked for a new PS ONE LCD COMBO to be scanned, $149.99... they scanned every tag there is to scan, still no $40... WHAT THE?!

Looking at the GS/EB site, the USED version is still going for $50, are you sure the new one is suppose to be $40?? Can anyone confrim or is this YMMV?

Sad...

[quote name='Asgardian']I just went into a GS and asked for a new PS ONE LCD COMBO to be scanned, $149.99... they scanned every tag there is to scan, still no $40... WHAT THE?!

Looking at the GS/EB site, the USED version is still going for $50, are you sure the new one is suppose to be $40?? Can anyone confrim or is this YMMV?

Sad...[/quote]
I apologize if the info is wrong. I'm just going by what the manager said at an EB. I figured he should know. Maybe it's an upcoming drop?

[quote name='shiningslade']I apologize if the info is wrong. I'm just going by what the manager said at an EB. I figured he should know. Maybe it's an upcoming drop?[/QUOTE]

NP, Lets hope it's coming soon... :)

Used PC games have been non-existant around here for a long time, and I've NEVER seen used CD's at any GS/EB here.

I tried to use the EB website to track one of the PS1+LCD's down but it failed me. I called around to the eb's in my area but no one had any. Anyone have one for sale?

yup both at Gamestop and EB (they are the same company now with the same computer system. Just a note for future).

In other news, did Bestbuy happen to penny them out too by any chance? anyone checking?

I didn't know they sold used games at games stores! One time I went with a PC game I wanted to sell to an Ebgames a few years ago, and they said they don't accept PC games? WTF.

It's the same Ebgames that I went to for the first time to sell some games, I wanted cash for the games, and they said they would give me store credit for it, not cash. Wtf again

bread's done
Back