$1.00 Borders Books Board Games, Stationary, etc.

mentos888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
hey all, i just picked up the simpsons monopoly game for a 1.00, original price is 36.00! i saw the deal over at slickdeals and they said stationary, some board games, and other stuff is 1.00. i think it's whatever had a 75% off on it, but the simpsons monopoly game DID NOT have that sticker. i also checked cranium, scrabble onyx, and trivial pursuit, domo kun caption game, and the domo kun plastic figure. these were regular price. d'oh! cashier reminded me that the simpsons monopoly game was NON-REFUNDABLE for 1.00 and proceeded to cross off the UPC! haha!
(i also tried to use the scan machines in the store, but they were pretty much useless)

other slickdealers said these are a dollar, but i haven't been able to confirm them. could someone check family guy LIFE game for me? thanks! taken from http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1223159&highlight=borders
Chronicles of Narnia Monopoly
Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspain Game
Tiger Woods golf (in the wooden box)
Argue
Spiderwick Chronicles has 75% sticker
a lego game
Disney fairies 4 games in one (has cards, dominos, etc)
High School Musical Games
Hanna Montana game (the one in the guitar case and the one in the box)
Cheetah Girls Game
A Grinch Singing Game (Dr. Seuss)
Dancing with the stars game
Indiana Jones DVD game
the Godfather trivia game
Animal house board game has 75% sticker
animal house beer can dice game
Eternity II (I think that is the name - in the black box) has 75% sticker
Scene It 007

Last edited by a moderator:
i still have a bunch of $1 board games from last year's $1 clearance.
Though it did save me a bunch of money during the year for random gifts/xmasoffice parties, etc

i saw mostly planners, but the slickdealers said they were able to find frames and journals, too. i didn't see 2 many journals at mine.

Went today and grabbed a couple games.

Can confirm:

Scene it : 007
Indiana Jones
Narnia Monopoly
Animal House Trivia

Can verify Family guy LIFE is NOT $1

Can add Christmas Story Monopoly to the list of $1 games.

Nothing left at mine, except some scrapbooking stuff. This year they had signs up saying all items on shelf $1.00. Last year everything was full price so I got quite a few games.

i love when the person ringing you up is surprised.

I think i got a manager or something. I asked to check a few things i wasn't sure about, and that i only wanted the $1 items.
She said she doubted any of them were a dollar. After she scanned the first item, she stopped doubting me =]

Thanks op.
Found about a dozen games to auction off for charity.
Bought an extra Scene It 007 just in case someone here finds the Sopranos game to trade (other half is a big Sopranos fan)
Thanks again!

I can confirm the following:

Tiger Woods golf (in the wooden box) $1
Spiderwick Chronicles $1
Dancing with the stars game $1
Eternity II (I think that is the name - in the black box) $1

bread's done
Back