1/2 off any DVD

josh33_unc

CAG Veteran
Another Target Rain Check Opportunity. Receive 50% off any DVD at Target by requesting a raincheck for the Cody Banks DVD movie that is normally 19.99 and on sale this week as a 2 for $10 movie. :shock: All the other movies that are 2 for $10 this week are regularly $14.44 a piece. :idea: You can get a raincheck on those, but I myself preferred getting 7 of the Cody Banks one, 5 of the 1 quantity ones, and 1 of a 2 quantity one, and I think I will go back and get some more before the sale ends Saturday Night. :twisted: I know for sure that it works, because I happen to work at a Target :p and also discovered the Madden 04 deal before getting on here, because I had been eyeing that PC game for a while. BTW, I got Need for Speed Underground PC version for $15, a 39.99 value , will sell to someone if they make a fair offer. :wink:

Few questions. Do they just GIVE you a coupon when you get the raincheck? Also is the 50% off for any DVD, cause if it is I'd love to get a Saved By The Bell box set at 50% off. :D

True. Especially when you're going and getting 5+ rainchecks on something you never intend to buy.

Yes, it's a loophole.
Of course, there are magnatudes of difference between getting one or two rainchecks and 10.
That's what has been bothering me most about these... people bragging about how they get 5-10 rainchecks for something they were never going to buy anyway and using them...
You're just begging for Target to take a policy that is favorable to the consumer away.
It's a great thing Target does, and things like that make me more apt to shop there.

There is a certain level at which doing this can be reasonable, but beyond that it's just bothersome.
It's an arbitrary marker, but I would think that getting 5 or more rainchecks on something you would never buy is outside the realm of reason.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Few questions. Do they just GIVE you a coupon when you get the raincheck? Also is the 50% off for any DVD, cause if it is I'd love to get a Saved By The Bell box set at 50% off. :D[/quote]

if they are out of stock of the item you want a rain check for, tell a team member, and they will put in the product code for the item you want, in the cash register and print you out a receipt rain check that is redeemable for that item, or as a substitute for a similar item at an addition percent off that is printed on the rain check receipt. if there is already a rain check pad for that item, then tear off one of the papers on the pad, take it to a team member, and they will scan it with the cash register scanner, and print you out the rain check receipt.

I would tend to agree...
*using* the loophole, is getting one. Nothing wrong with that. It's their policy, if they want to change it, they can.
Getting 5, 10, 20, I believe, is wrong. Not legally wrong, although it could be [i'm not a lawyer], maybe not even Target-wrong,l but morally wrong. [Although I'm pretty sure every Target ad says something like 'Quantities may be limited, we reserve the right to refuse sales, etc.']
* there's one thing to take advantage of a loophole, and another to tromp all over it.
* by taking advantage of it to that extent, it makes it more likely Target will catch on, and change their policy, ultimately eliminating the benefit from anyone's use.

That said, I missed this one, but will keep an eye out for the next similar deal to see if I can get it to work. In general I haven't been too impressed with Target's electronics selection; I did get Grand Theft Auto Double Pack there for just over thirty bucks, and a while back I found a Type O Negative CD there that I was not expecting them to have.

Ok I don't understand how this scam works but I'd love to learn. I thought if you get a raincheck reciept for say a Chappelle's Show dvd that that means they'll hold a copy of tht dvd for you when they get it. Or am I wrong about what the raincheck is?

i would end up with 20 copies of agent cody banks if i tried this. i wouldnt even be able to have one without burning in on a open fire.
But i would like to get Futurama Volume 2 for 50% off

i would end up with 20 copies of agent cody banks if i tried this. i wouldnt even be able to have one without burning in on a open fire.
But i would like to get Futurama Volume 2 for 50% off

[quote name='stocker08']i would end up with 20 copies of agent cody banks if i tried this. i wouldnt even be able to have one without burning in on a open fire.
But i would like to get Futurama Volume 2 for 50% off[/quote]

Dont get more than 1 or 2... I used the Madden thing, and I got one... Like people have been saying, that is a pretty low... I would get really pissed off if they changed the policy ( i doubt they will, they will loose a lot of business) because of people being cheap and low... I hope the loop hole works with Box sets too stocker... I want Family Guy Season 3 and Futurama Vol 2 too...

QUESTION- (to anyone who works at target, like the young man who posted this) Does this work with Boxsets also? Or just on single DVDs?

[quote name='Scrubking']These raincheck scams are NOT deals!

They are not consitent from store to store and are dishonest. :roll:[/quote]

how is using a stores own policy dishonest?

[quote name='Darkstar'][quote name='stocker08']i would end up with 20 copies of agent cody banks if i tried this. i wouldnt even be able to have one without burning in on a open fire.

Dont get more than 1 or 2... I used the Madden thing, and I got one... Like people have been saying, that is a pretty low... I would get really pissed off if they changed the policy ( i doubt they will, they will loose a lot of business) because of people being cheap and low... I hope the loop hole works with Box sets too stocker... I want Family Guy Season 3 and Futurama Vol 2 too...

QUESTION- (to anyone who works at target, like the young man who posted this) Does this work with Boxsets also? Or just on single DVDs?[/quote]

good question... i'd like to know too b/c i want family guy!!!

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Scrubking']These raincheck scams are NOT deals!

They are not consitent from store to store and are dishonest. :roll:[/quote]

how is using a stores own policy dishonest?[/quote]

It's dishonest because you are going there with the intention of scamming Target, not with the intention of picking up the actual DVD.....plain and simple.

Also, try taking "using" out of your reply and replace it with "ABusing", lol.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='Darkstar'][quote name='stocker08']i would end up with 20 copies of agent cody banks if i tried this. i wouldnt even be able to have one without burning in on a open fire.

QUESTION- (to anyone who works at target, like the young man who posted this) Does this work with Boxsets also? Or just on single DVDs?[/quote]

good question... i'd like to know too b/c i want family guy!!![/quote]

I will go and check tomorrow... Then I will let you guys know!!
:p

[quote name='josh33_unc']Another Target Rain Check Opportunity. Receive 50% off any DVD at Target by requesting a raincheck for the Cody Banks DVD movie that is normally 19.99 and on sale this week as a 2 for $10 movie. :shock: All the other movies that are 2 for $10 this week are regularly $14.44 a piece. :idea: You can get a raincheck on those, but I myself preferred getting 7 of the Cody Banks one, 5 of the 1 quantity ones, and 1 of a 2 quantity one, and I think I will go back and get some more before the sale ends Saturday Night. :twisted: I know for sure that it works, because I happen to work at a Target :p and also discovered the Madden 04 deal before getting on here, because I had been eyeing that PC game for a while. BTW, I got Need for Speed Underground PC version for $15, a 39.99 value , will sell to someone if they make a fair offer. :wink:[/quote]

I went there and didnt even see where they had the Cody Banks DVDs... or where they should be... they didnt have anything close to that movie...Do you have a link to this deal by chanse?

check the date. its an old deal i think...but maybe you can try it out with some of their new releases this week.....

bread's done
Back