1.99 ps1 games blockbuster YMMV

integralsmatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
I dont know if this has been posted already. if it has than lock it up with key and throw it away. I just stopped by a Blockbuster in Roxbury,NJ and picked up a couple ps1 games for 1.99
i got

2x RE 2 non GH
1x test drive 6
1x metal gear solid gh
1x crash team racong

the employee said that they marked them down last night. so im just spreading the word. i dont if its all BBs but it probably is because of their previous markdowns. have fun and good hunting

I'd bet its not YMMV - assuming they have PS1 games.
I picked up a Gran Turismo 2 marked at 19.99 and it was 1.99

All in all , i got:
I REALLY want a Chrono Cross and/or FF7 - so I'll trade/buy for anyone that gets an extra

Capcom vs SNK Pro
Silent Hill
Gran Turismo 2
Metal Gear Solid 1
Resident Evil 2
Grand Theft Auto 2
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man 8
Spyro : ripto's Rage

I managed to get a copy of Castlevania: SOTN for only $1.99! Thanks for the info, OP, and I hope you have a good holiday season :)

[quote name='Backlash']If anyone has an extra sealed SoTN please PM me; I'd love to get one from a CAG. None of the BB around here ever have one.[/QUOTE]

If anyone has an extra SOTN it's going straight to eBay and you know it.

[quote name='othergames']If anyone has an extra SOTN it's going straight to eBay and you know it.[/QUOTE]

SoTN GH isn't worth too much. I just want to play this game! I'm sure at least one nice CAG would rather sell it to me (and several have mentioned that they might pick up extras just for this purpose).

My blockbuster was selling even non-GH ps1 games, but these were priced only 99 cents each. I picked up legend of mana, the arc the lad collection, and a couple others not worthy of mentioning, but irresistable at the price. If you haven't gone to your blockbuster, go now!

[quote name='Backlash']SoTN GH isn't worth too much. I just want to play this game! I'm sure at least one nice CAG would rather sell it to me (and several have mentioned that they might pick up extras just for this purpose).[/QUOTE]

oddly enough the GH version is still fetching 30+ bucks on Ebay. as many have told me it is probably because of the release of Dawn of Sorrow for the DS.

[quote name='asianxcore']oddly enough the GH version is still fetching 30+ bucks on Ebay. as many have told me it is probably because of the release of Dawn of Sorrow for the DS.[/QUOTE]

That is odd. Well, if you can get $30+ for it, go for it! Otherwise, PM me :)

[quote name='ryosnk']I just picked up these:

Chrono cross
namco museum
Dragon ball Z: Ultimate battle
civilization 2

:)[/QUOTE]

Civilization 2? Well, now theres an odd find. I dont believe anyone else saw that at their BlockBusters...

I visited three Blockbusters in my area. I found almost nothing. Two of them had pathetically small amount of PS1 games, while the last was pretty decent. All were mostly sports games, with the ocassional weird game I hadn't heard of.

I picked up a preplayed GH Tenchu with a very cracked case, and an unopened GH Metal Gear Solid also with a small crack on the case.

My concern for shoppers out there is what happened when I paid. MGS was marked for and I payed $1.99. Tenchu, however, was marked for $2.99 and I would have payed it had the lady not entered some enigmatic $0.75 coupon. So I payed more for the preplayed game than the new game. And I got a random coupon so it was $2.25 for Tenchu, and $4.49 total.

I don't care about the quarter, but it turned me off from buying a Clock Tower marked for I think $6.99 at another BB. Didn't want to take the risk with my small amount of onhand funds.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I visited three Blockbusters in my area. I found almost nothing. Two of them had pathetically small amount of PS1 games, while the last was pretty decent. All were mostly sports games, with the ocassional weird game I hadn't heard of.

I picked up a preplayed GH Tenchu with a very cracked case, and an unopened GH Metal Gear Solid also with a small crack on the case.

My concern for shoppers out there is what happened when I paid. MGS was marked for and I payed $1.99. Tenchu, however, was marked for $2.99 and I would have payed it had the lady not entered some enigmatic $0.75 coupon. So I payed more for the preplayed game than the new game. And I got a random coupon so it was $2.25 for Tenchu, and $4.49 total.

I don't care about the quarter, but it turned me off from buying a Clock Tower marked for I think $6.99 at another BB. Didn't want to take the risk with my small amount of onhand funds.[/QUOTE]

The .75 was from their %25 off preplayed games deal they have going on.

I scored big going to two other area BBs. The second one had four five games total. Nothing interesting at all.

The first store had the best selection of them all. A full shelf section of new PS1 games, all marked $1.99.

I got:

GH Silent Hill
GH Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
GH Activision Classics
GH Atari Anniversary Edition Redux
Mega Man Legends 2

Yes, I know, I bought Tenchu yesterday, but I'd pay $1.99 to replace that $2.25 POS.

I've never actually seen Silent Hill anywhere, and since I rather enjoy the series, that was a nice find.

The old games collections will go nicely with my new Tekken 5 stick (and my dad loves that stuff).

I always hesitated to pick MML2 up back in the days when it was $15 or so, so that was awesome.

I've never really shopped at BB for preplayed games, but it looked like they had a nice selection. Might go back and get some PS2 stuff.

bread's done
Back