$1 Blu-rays and DVDs at Dollar Tree (YMMV)...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I went into Dollar Tree this morning for packs of bubble mailers and saw that Blu Rays and DVDs were being sold there. Dollar Tree stores are on the East Coast. Anyway, they're not used, but they were mostly indie releases. I did find one animated Marvel DVD that I was glad that I happened upon.

Blu-ray:
Blitz
Rampart
The Paperboy
Trespass

DVD:
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes vol. 3

And, I realize there was a Dollar Tree DVD thread before, but it hadn't been updated since 2012, so I thought I should start fresh with a new one. Anyway, happy hunting.

Yeah those TV shows were packed with the first run of blu rays. I still need Sarah Silverman season 2 part 1.
If you are looking for it to just add to your collection it's only 4-6 dollars or so on Amazon I've never seen it at any of my Dollar Trees or I would have grabbed it for sure.

Yeah they had SS season 1 and season 2 part 2 that I picked up a while ago (at least a year maybe 2). I might have to actually buy the other one as I think they are long gone now.

A chance trip to dollar tree & I found quite alot located in the "hardware/electronics" area. All the titles have already been listed & it`s located 2 doors from a BB lol. Too bad they aren`t doing the $5 coupon deal there`s also a 5 below in the same shopping center that tends to get good wii/3ds/PS2 games.

I know most of you guys are just adding BRs to your collection / snatching all these up because they're $1 a piece, but...

...are any of these movies actually good?

I know most of you guys are just adding BRs to your collection / snatching all these up because they're $1 a piece, but...

...are any of these movies actually good?
Bernie is good if you like black/reality comedy. (like Christopher Guest movies-though this is based on a real person)

I know where all the DT Blu Rays went in my area. I was at Movie Stop the other day and there were at least 9-10 copies of Red Light going for $9.99 each. I bet if I looked they had multiple copies of the other DT blus too. I wonder if they traded in for more than $1

I know where all the DT Blu Rays went in my area. I was at Movie Stop the other day and there were at least 9-10 copies of Red Light going for $9.99 each. I bet if I looked they had multiple copies of the other DT blus too. I wonder if they traded in for more than $1
I started finding them at my local flea market for $5 each.

I stopped by the DT in Wildwood, NJ while on vacation and found a copy of Upside Down. Based on the reviews in this thread, I'm looking forward to watching it this weekend.

Went to my local dollar general and say that they had $1 blu rays as well I picked up mega Shark vs giant Octopus.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't mean they aren't good. I watched Trespass and enjoyed it. Worth a buck. I need to watch the others but I'm still getting caught up on cheap Blus and DVDs I bought during Walmart's Black Friday sale.

That doesn't mean they aren't good. I watched Trespass and enjoyed it. Worth a buck. I need to watch the others but I'm still getting caught up on cheap Blus and DVDs I bought during Walmart's Black Friday sale.
im just really picky about films that i dont know a thing about. even if its a dollar

I would suggest checking Wikipedia to get a synopsis of what the movie is about. That way, you know the plot at the very least. My only complaint about Trespass is that I kept hoping that Nicole Kidman would get naked. Never happened.

im just really picky about films that i dont know a thing about. even if its a dollar
With that attitude you're never going out find out What Maisie Knew! NEVER! Was it the secret to cold fusion? How to cure cancer? What Bill Murray whispered in Scarlett Johansson's ear at the end of Lost In Translation? That ONE THING that Meatloaf won't do for love? WHAT?!?!

Synopsis of Upside Down at Amazon:

"In an alternate universe where twinned worlds have opposite gravities,- a young man battles interplanetary prejudice and the laws of physics in his quest to reunite with the long-lost girl of his dreams in this visually stunning romantic adventure that poses the question: what if love was stronger than gravity?"

Also:Inception Meets Romeo and Juliet! --Film Critic

This sounds like the dumbest and most awesome movie at the exact same time. I might have to weather the storm that is Dollar Tree to find the elusive mystery blu's hiding in the eye...

UPDATE: never mind, it's on Netflix Streaming. Back to Hearthstone with my pretty greenbacks...
this movie has an amazing concept.....but is executed terribly. it quickly devolves into standard terrible rom-com territory. which also means it becomes ripe with plotholes. this is a movie with a cool concept wasted on a standard romantic comedy chick flick. but for a dollar? i'd watch it for a dollar.

Apparently these are still being stocked- (or managers are just slowly putting them out)
This weekend I found:
The Paperboy
Trans-Siberian
What Maisie knew
Trespass
Rampart
Upside down
Bernie

I need to go check out a dollar tree. I haven't been in one in awhile. I usually check dollar general and big lots for cheap movies. I usually look for ones that I can convert using disc to digital VUDU to go app. That way I can get a UV digital copy for a couple bucks more.

Apparently these are still being stocked- (or managers are just slowly putting them out)
Sounds like (and hopefully is) a restock. Every location I've asked, they said they put them out whenever they get them, but the last few restocks I've seen were just DVDs. I really want to watch Upside Down on Blu-ray (not Netflix). Still haven't found it.

It was originally believed when I first started the thread that it was a Father's Day promo because that's when they first showed up but maybe Dollar Tree bought out another company's overstock. That might be why it's still going on.

I passed by my dollar tree and they had a few new blu rays and a lot of different dvds for anyone that's interested

I passed by my dollar tree and they had a few new blu rays and a lot of different dvds for anyone that's interested
For some reason my Dollar Tree stocked up on a bunch of old crappy VHS movies about education/weird cartoons.

I'll stop by DT this Friday and I hope they have some good Blu Rays.

Do you know what movies? At my local store, they hada bunch of fantastic four silver surfer dvds but not much else. I picked up a maggie and the ferocious beast dvd and r l stines the haunting dvd for my kids but they were the only ones

Blurays

Hunters

Pete's Christman

Return to Nim's Island

Sweetwater

DVD

War Flowers

Rin-Tin-Tin(8 movies about a german shepard I think)

Namesake

In America

Haven

Gross Anatomy/The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag/Betsy's Wedding

Babysitters Beware

Amazing Racer

Above and Beyond

There were other DVD's including some women's workout and some other kids movies

That is a horrible list of movies. You would have to pay me to watch those flix. Not even worth a dollar.
Well I can think of two reasons that Sweetwater is worth the $1

As for what everyone else is saying, these are good ways to get cases, Im still switching out the last few blus in dvd cases I have from the blockbuster closings (had over 100 at one time, now I am down to about 20), I take the case for me and trade the movie in the blockbuster case to Moviestop generally for more than I paid for the movie...win win

Well I can think of two reasons that Sweetwater is worth the $1

As for what everyone else is saying, these are good ways to get cases, Im still switching out the last few blus in dvd cases I have from the blockbuster closings (had over 100 at one time, now I am down to about 20), I take the case for me and trade the movie in the blockbuster case to Moviestop generally for more than I paid for the movie...win win
The case I have for my blu ray of unstoppable has a Crack on the top so I can use a replacement. Now to find the nearest dollar tree.....

bread's done
Back