1 cent (before outragous shipping)Aluminum Retractable Metal DS Stylus through amazon

Shipping kills it, shipping for 1 is $6, shipping for 2 is $10, for the fun of it I changed the quantity to 25 and it was over $100 for shipping.

Damn. I really, really want something like this, but I just don't know if it's worth the shipping to be honest.

Bah. The whole shipping thing is a sheisty trick that some Amazon/ebay sellers use to ensure a minimum profit. If you ever have to deal with a refund or something, they'll still keep their inflated shipping cost.

It's a bit dishonest to the buyer, because he/she'll see the $0.01, or $1 price and think it's a good deal. When shipping adds another $6-8, it totally kills it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Shipping kills it, shipping for 1 is $6, shipping for 2 is $10, for the fun of it I changed the quantity to 25 and it was over $100 for shipping.[/quote]

Well...what you could do is...buy a DS game and then add this to it and get the Free shipping since anything over $25 is freeshipping. So if your looking for a new game anyways might as well pic this up for a penny.

[quote name='T3kN']Well...what you could do is...buy a DS game and then add this to it and get the Free shipping since anything over $25 is freeshipping. So if your looking for a new game anyways might as well pic this up for a penny.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it isn't because it's not being sold by Amazon but rather by another seller. No free shipping or we'd all be over this by now.

[quote name='Decker']Nope, it isn't because it's not being sold by Amazon but rather by another seller. No free shipping or we'd all be over this by now.[/quote]

Ahh, my bad. Damn that sucks.

From reading the reviews, it seems this might be a stylus for the original DS. Something to consider if you're planning to store this in the DS lite itself.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Shipping kills it, shipping for 1 is $6, shipping for 2 is $10, for the fun of it I changed the quantity to 25 and it was over $100 for shipping.[/quote]
I added 300 to my cart (hey, for $3, why not?!). Shipping was over $1200. :bomb:

I wonder if this isn't a way to avoid paying some sort of seller fee on Amazon. I know that on eBay, sellers will often try and sell their items for very little, but charge obscene shipping, since you don't pay final value fees on shipping (and it also tricks some people who don't read the auctions closely into buying their items).

[quote name='Nohbdy']Just get the Dialga and Palkia styli.[/quote]
I think those are no longer being sold on Amazon. They've disappeared from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl searches.

[quote name='WebScud']I was under the impression that Amazon set the shipping rates, not the seller.[/QUOTE]

If you're an independant seller, you can set them to whatever you like.

I bought this about a month and half ago. It is for the original DS and it beats the hell of out of the Nintendo stylus (short, stubby, hurts after extended play).

This thing is retractable and fits perfectly in the stylus slot. The silver and black looks nice too. But the main sell is that it's sturdy and much longer than the provided stylus and easier on the hands.

Worth the $5.98 shipping IMHO if you're still using the phat DS and the original stylus.

Lots of the questions here could be answered by reading the old thread that I posted a link to on the first page. grendel19 has summed it up nicely in his post above, and I agree completely that it's worth the $5.98 shipping if you're still using an older DS and aren't satisfied with the original stylus.

[quote name='Cracka']whats the point in it extending..?[/quote]

Probably so your fingers get in the way less by holding it up higher and you can rest it somewhere on the part of your hand between your thumb and pointer. I'm just guessing though.

Draekon has it right. With the stylus extended, you can hold it like a pencil instead of like a too-short shard of plastic.

[quote name='Bean_Bandit']Is there anything like this that works just as well for the DS Lite?[/QUOTE]

I personally recommend the Hori Adjustable Stylus:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5065208

Although they are plastic, you get two for under six bucks. I have been using mine for roughly a year now (got it a few weeks after the lite came out) and it's still as good as the day I bought it, and I haven't touched the second included stylus yet.

Highly recommended, and because it's Hori and Nintendo Licensed and Approved you don't need to worry about scratching your screen.

Unfortunately I have only seen it in white. I have a white Lite so it doesn't bother me, but for those of you with pink or black it won't match.

[quote name='Tsukento']I think those are no longer being sold on Amazon. They've disappeared from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl searches.[/quote]

Yeah, too bad you couldn't get one of them. It was funny though, for $4 I got both and they gave free shipping, which was in a HUGE box for the items, and UPS charged them around $4 I bet just to ship it to me, funny Amazon :p

Anyways, I would recommend people try to find this on ebay instead of this retractable\, it is super comfortable, but sadly waaaay too big to fit into the Lite. Though, I just play in the privacy of my own home, so maybe to some playing on the subway w/ the big pokemon on the end of your stylus is not too attractive of an offer.

bread's done
Back