1 ebay user with multiple accounts leaving negatives

gmzone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Anyway to stop this? Ebay is no help at all. I have someone registering with multiple accounts (they are also doing this to a couple other people, including one poor guy who is just starting out on ebay and he took 3 negatives from them), just to leave negative feedback. I have e-mail proof. I know they are all earthlink e-mail accounts, but again, ebay will do nothing about it. It's ruining business.

I don't know what would make someone do something like that. Even if I see someone go to a Circuit City sale and buy up a whole bin of games, I wouldn't be upset. If they have the money to do so, and I don't, why should I get mad about it? But, this second income is crucial for me. You can block -1 buyers, but not 0 feedback... I could go paypal only, and you have to pay when you purchase item, but I'd lose out on so many money order/cash sales.

Report each account to ebay. Once the buyer is found to be a fraud and removed from ebay the negatives will not count towards your feedback score. I had a 99.9 for about 6 months because i had 1 negative one day it was 100% again. when i checked the person that left negative was no longer a registered user.

[quote name='gmzone']Anyway to stop this? Ebay is no help at all. I have someone registering with multiple accounts (they are also doing this to a couple other people, including one poor guy who is just starting out on ebay and he took 3 negatives from them), just to leave negative feedback. I have e-mail proof. I know they are all earthlink e-mail accounts, but again, ebay will do nothing about it. It's ruining business.

I don't know what would make someone do something like that. Even if I see someone go to a Circuit City sale and buy up a whole bin of games, I wouldn't be upset. If they have the money to do so, and I don't, why should I get mad about it? But, this second income is crucial for me. You can block -1 buyers, but not 0 feedback... I could go paypal only, and you have to pay when you purchase item, but I'd lose out on so many money order/cash sales.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't yet, I'd respond to each of the feedback with the reason why he's screwing you. If your story sounds logical I don't think it will affect you too much. Be sure to include "Check user- 0 feedback" or "I have emails to prove it" by way of explanation.

Of course, be sure to archive those emails just in case someone asks about it.

you can also block the people from bidding by typing their name in somewhere

[quote name='Apossum']you can also block the people from bidding by typing their name in somewhere[/QUOTE]

But if they make several ebay accounts, he wont be able to catch them fast enough. Maybe no BuyItNow auctions? Give me a link to your ebay name and Ill take a look at the negs since Im curious.

If he's buying items and not paying for them through the changes in the nonpaying bidder process will allow you to have the feedback removed eventually, sadly ebay doesn't have any quick solutions.

When and how does the feedback get removed? Does the negative go away only or the comments as well? The comments are pretty inflammatory.

[quote name='gmzone']When and how does the feedback get removed? Does the negative go away only or the comments as well? The comments are pretty inflammatory.[/QUOTE]

How inflammatory? If it involves "cuss" words they might remove it now. Otherwise if you go through the NPB process and they don't pay up ebay will now remove the feedback they leave you if you ask.

No cussing. Just saying that they paid for item, never recieved it, and to not trust me as a seller, which could hurt business. The comments were worse for another seller they left feedbacj for.

And, how would I ask ebay to remove the negative(s)? I am planning on going through the NPB process, but I've never seen them remove a negative from someone who didn't pay to this day.

I still don't get why someone would do something like this. If you are that disgruntled with ebay, why take it out on the sellers?

[quote name='gmzone']No cussing. Just saying that they paid for item, never recieved it, and to not trust me as a seller, which could hurt business. The comments were worse for another seller they left feedbacj for.

And, how would I ask ebay to remove the negative(s)? I am planning on going through the NPB process, but I've never seen them remove a negative from someone who didn't pay to this day.

I still don't get why someone would do something like this. If you are that disgruntled with ebay, why take it out on the sellers?[/QUOTE]

Ebay supposidly has a new policy which allows for the removal of feedback from NPB. The only other thing you can do is email ebay stating that the item was never paid for and so their feedback is a lie, but I doubt ebay will do shit about it.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']According to eBay policies, you should be able to get the feedback removed.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

"Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction."
That sounds like your case.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the trick is proving that's what is going on. This guy must be pretty crafty (using different IPs for the different logins, waiting a reasonable time before leaving the negs - if he didn't it would be obvious he didn't give the package time to arrive after 'paying' -- or I'd hope eBay would look into it and realize your claim is legit.)

I'd keep contacting eBay and even ask them to let you know what they did to determine these aren't examples of feedback abuse. If he is not in fact leaving a reasonable time between the end of the auction and leaving FB point that out to eBay as pretty hard proof this is bogus.

You've requested the contact info for all of these buyers to make sure he didn't do something really dumb like use the same address, name, or phone # right?

I really hope eBay checked to make sure the ids leaving you bad FB aren't all on the same IP. I don't think there is any way for you to check this, but eBay certainly should be able to.

Beyond that do NPBs on them and whn they all get granted hopefully that alone would be enough proof for eBay. I mean how likely is it that a bunch of new accounts all cropped up to win your auctions, not pay, and leave - FB?

First of all, Ebay seems to be pretty good about tracking people down when you get on them. The trick is, just keep on them and get increasingly aggressive. Feedback is a HUGE issue for them, so once you prove your side of the story I'm confident they will remove it.

Second, as a sometimes-power-seller, I know they have a phone number you can call for customer service. It's been a while since I fell off, but if someone has the phone number I would say PM this poor guy (Don't post it - we don't need lurkers ruining this for everyone). I know it's for "Silver-level sellers only", but they don't even know who you are until you already have them on the phone. So once he gets through, I'd bet he could say "Look, I'm not a silver-level but I have an issue that I have not been able to get resolved and this is my last resort". I'd bet they'll help.

Finally, Ebay can sometimes be a pain if you sweat the occasional bumps in the road. I had to learn to stop taking every screwball out there personally. Just like owning your own business, once you accept that people will steal from you and there's just nothing you can do about it you can go about deciding whether you're making enough profit to justify sticking with it. Afterall, farmers don't stop growing crops just because one of their 250 bushels of fruit goes bad before they can sell it. Screwball Ebayers are the same way and you just have to think of them as what they really are - Static bumps in the road that aren't worth your personal time and emotions.

[quote name='gmzone']As always thanks for the advice. I'm starting to think ebay is more trouble then it's worth however.[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to feel the same way. Thus far I've been fairly lucky in terms of avoiding scammers / bad customers, but its only a matter of time before something like this happens to me. I only sell once in a while from my personal collection, so one scam could really ruin me.

Anyway, sorry to hear what you're going through. Let us know how it turns out.

I hate the idea of blocking 0 feedback bidders, but in your case it seems like its necessary. I've sold countless item to people with 0 feedback and have had no problems. Of course I've also just gone through and filed 4 NPB claims because 0 feedback bidders keep hitting my BINs and not paying. Rather annoying but as long as I get my fees back its ok by me.

More chargebacks... even with items that have tracking #'s... Grrr... Trying not to let it slow me down though. The feedback remains today, though one other seller that was having problems with the same person got 2 of the negative feedback removed.

I tried, and you can't block 0 feedback users... only -1

bread's done
Back