$1 for a month of XBOX live

pika

CAG Veteran
I recently saw this when I signed and I bought it immediately, although you'll have have to call Microsoft to cancel auto renewal which I did after the purchase, the number to call is 1800-469-9269(1800-4MY-XBOX)

EDIT: I should have put this on before, sorry about that. To purchase this you must go to My Xbox>second box>Manage Account>Memberships>Current membership(mine was silver)>Modify memberships and the $1 deal should be the top option out of 3, though Firestorm's deal seems better as you don't have to deal with having your credit card attached to the console or call MS to opt out of auto renewal and you get 13 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is for silver members only. It should be an ad on your xbox. And yeah, you have to call to opt-out of the auto-renewal.

Actually another way to get out of the auto-renewal (unless things have changed since last year) is to stack a prepaid XBL Gold subscription card onto your current subscription for it will cancel your CC renewal. Microsoft customer support actually recommends doing that over calling them up, at least that’s what I was told in the e-mail last year.

Thanks for the heads up though, Ill buy the one month then put in the 13 month card from Goomba before it renews.

*EDIT* Oh, doesn't look like you can get the deal through the browser XBLA. Well, I hope it will still be on when I get my 360 back. Anyone know how long this deal will last?

I just got myself an xbox 360 and I don't really know how this live account code on amazon work. Does it take effect on the day I buy it or only when I actually put the code into my xbox? I only want to get online later in a month or so. But I don't want to miss out on this amazon sale

only when you input it. You get a month of Live when you sign up for Xbox Live on your 360. You'll have to buy the Gold through goomba478 as it's an Amazon.com video game item.

[quote name='Firestorm']All putting a pre-paid would do is renew once you're done the card afaik.[/QUOTE]

I managed to find the customer support email from last year.

"Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

I understand you would like to turn off the Xbox Live auto-renewal feature. We appreciate your concern and we are glad to assist you.

There are two ways you can do this. One is by calling Xbox Customer Support, and two is by entering a pre-paid card, which will extend your subscription and deactivating auto-renewal altogether. The card will remain available on the account even if it has been removed as the renewal. For example, the card may be used for future MS points purchases or for future subscriptions."

And it worked.

I did it just because I have a 13 month card that I have not activated yet. I just tacked on an extra month for $1 because I was too lazy to enter my code for the past month.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='dancrane212']
There are two ways you can do this. One is by calling Xbox Customer Support, and two is by entering a pre-paid card, which will extend your subscription and deactivating auto-renewal altogether. The card will remain available on the account even if it has been removed as the renewal. For example, the card may be used for future MS points purchases or for future subscriptions."
And it worked.[/QUOTE]So if I were to purchase the $1 Gold and then tack on my 1 month card, it would cancel the auto-renewal? Is there any way to check if its been cancelled?

bread's done
Back