1 GB MicroSD card with SD adapter $10 after GCO and rebate

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
This is especially applicable if you're one of those crazy DS flashcard thingy users which takes a MicroSD (aka "TransFlash") card, but it should also work in the Wii with the included SD adapter. Anyway, buy.com is selling a Kingston 1 GB MicroSD card with SD card adapter for $30. Use Google Checkout to get $10 off. Send in $10 rebate to get $10 back. Net price: $10, and unlike a lot of stuff at buy.com, it ships free, but you do have to deal with a rebate.

If you've been good, not bad, you might want to add a copy of Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble to the order for yourself, which also ships free, and since it cost $20, you get up to the $50 level and get another $10 off via Google Checkout. Total for the 1 GB MicroSD card with SD adapter and a copy of Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble is $20.08 after rebate.

Ok, so it's not Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix for 5 bucks, but it's something!

Thanks for the deal, I just got a new phone and need a microsd card for it, also a ds game for $10 isn't bad.

Sounds like a great deal, but are microSD cards faster/better than normal SD cards?

If not, I'd rather pay a little more and get a 1 gb Kingston SD card from circuit city/best buy.

Micro SDs are used with cellphones and stuff. I used my micro SD with the adapter on the digicam every once in a while 'cause I needed more space, but there's not any discernable differences between SD and micro SD

For for those looking for a card reader, just go to those computer stores (not the big box ones, the independantly owned ones) and ask for a card reader, I picked up a 5-in-1 3rd party card reader for eight bucks.

And thanks for the deal! :D I totally have more memory cards then I actually need now :D.

Does anyone know how long it would take to arrive to Los Angeles if I ordered now via free shipping? Holidays and all, and I'm moving soon so just want to know where I should ship it to.

How long will shipping take? I dunno if I should order or just go into a Fry's or something and buy one for $30 minus the shipping and waiting.

I'm glad I took advantage of this before I went in to work last night. I ended up ordering two. One is for me (for my mp3 player) and one is a gift for my boss (for his cell phone).

I've been waiting awhile for a decent deal on a microSD card, thanks OP.

Just got a new cellphone last night and almost picked up one at Best Buy for $64.99 CAG comes through once again. Thanks!!!

[quote name='dancingisforbidden']Ordered 2

So how is this rebate done? Does the receipt come in the package box or online?[/quote]

Last time the rebate form was on the order page, but it is not there anymore. Was it on the page and if so could sombody the rebate form?

Thanks.

[quote name='ananag112']Nice. Is there a cheap card reader/writer as well? I don't have any device for my computer that can read this type of card.[/QUOTE]
check out www.xpcgear.com for a card reader- i picked up a 30-something in one (didn't know there were that many mem cards around), for 12ish that plugs right into a usb port and sits in the 2nd floppy bay (they had one, not sure if still due, that goes into the 3.5 housing, and with a push of a button, the whole reader pops out of the internal case, becoming an extrernal portable and runs off a hardwired USB cable).

i didn't get in in time for the deal, but i did save a copy of the pdf haha. i'll try to put it up somewhere. pm me if i forget

[quote name='VXT']$14.29 now[/quote]Unless I'm misreading it, the rebate ended on the 23rd. So it would be $24.29 after GC.

[quote name='Tyvan']That rebate will not work if you use Google Checkout.[/QUOTE]

REALLY?? I was counting on the rebate! Where does it say rebate won't work w/ google checkout?

thanks

[quote name='Tyvan']That rebate will not work if you use Google Checkout.[/quote]

I can't imagine why the rebate would be voided by Google Checkout, unless you count the 'Not vaild with any other offer' line on the rebate form.

Being that the Google checkout discount is taken off by google and not buy.com I don't see a problem.

The google discount is not shown on the packing slip or confirmation e-mail so why would it effect the rebate? I welcome you to prove me wrong, but I just don't think it's gonna be a problem.

[quote name='harunim']REALLY?? I was counting on the rebate! Where does it say rebate won't work w/ google checkout?

thanks[/quote]

It says it right there on the coupon you print out...

"Rebate not redeemable if product is purchased through a distributor"

I just went by what Dealnews stated...

"Of note, a $10 mail-in rebate is available, however, due to restrictions, it cannot be combined with the Google Checkout discount."

http://dealnews.com/deals/Kingston-1-GB-micro-SD-Card-from-20-shipped/146492.html

A similar deal for the same product is now available from ECost.com.
http://dealnews.com/deals/Kingston-1-GB-micro-SD-Card-for-5-after-rebate-more/148948.html

eCOST.com offers the Kingston 1GB microSD Card, model no. SDC/1GB, for $19 before a $14 mail-in rebate, $5 after. With $8.56 for shipping, it's the lowest total price we've seen by $6. A full-size Secure Digital adapter is included. Rebate expires January 18. Of note, new Google Checkout users can get another $10 off.
So $13.56 after rebate and shipping.

EDIT: Hmm, fatwallet's got a poor rating on them, 2.5 stars out of 10. I am reconsidering giving them my business.

bread's done
Back