1 million dollar Transformer collection?

Man... that is an awsome collection. To be honest, if I could afford to buy them, I would probably open every single last one and play with them! Still isn't worth a million bucks though...

So...she's like a 40-50 year old who wants us to feel bad because she was widowed by AIDS, and so she can pay for school and marry a sugar daddy? Sounds good!

[quote name='botticus']So...she's like a 40-50 year old who wants us to feel bad because she was widowed by AIDS, and so she can pay for school and marry a sugar daddy? Sounds good![/quote]

Isn't a Sugar Daddy an older man who dates a much younger woman, dude's marrying a woman twice his age, I think she's the Sugar Mummy in this case.

Really sweet collection but a million dollars?? I think thats a bit steep.

[quote name='benjamouth']Isn't a Sugar Daddy an older man who dates a much younger woman, dude's marrying a woman twice his age, I think she's the Sugar Mummy in this case.

Really sweet collection but a million dollars?? I think thats a bit steep.[/quote]Sorry, boy toy was the phrase I was looking for.

Lawl. I entered the numbers into the eBay Fee Calculator and look what comes up. And yeah, you'd think she would spring for free shipping.

Listing Fee - $4.80
Final Value Fee -$15,018
PayPal Base Fee - $0.30
PayPal Percentage Fee - $29,029
Total Fees - $44,052.10

Nice collection, but would you even spend 1/10 of her asking price? I would love to see the offers that she has been getting.

It's great to see all the Transformers though, I had forgotten about a lot of those - Sky Lynx? Nice.

[quote name='Halo05']A very, very impressive collection to say the least. Worth more than five of my houses? God no.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? 2 houses in NY go for about 1 million.

[quote name='botticus']So...she's like a 40-50 year old who wants us to feel bad because she was widowed by AIDS, and so she can pay for school and marry a sugar daddy? Sounds good![/quote]

Yeah, her timing is impeccable, too--she waited for the Michael Bay movie to come out in hopes of finding a sucker nigerian con-artist interested party to start this auction?

Still, very entertaining.

Do they still have "It Came From eBay" on ATOS? Good candidate right there...

No way is that worth $1 million. I could see maybe $100,000 IMO but not $1 million.

Btw lady we don't need an essay on your dead husband, and your new boy toy.

Just say my former or dead husband collected these, and now I'm selling them to fiance my future.

[quote name='Graystone']Just say my former or dead husband collected these, and now I'm selling them to fiance my future.[/QUOTE]
"Late" is the gentle term.

[quote name='danny-o']Where do you live? 2 houses in NY go for about 1 million.[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as how NYC's cost of housing is 4X the average price of homes in the US, I'd say he iives somewhere where the cost of housing is slightly below average.

"A million dollars!

That's a nice collection, but it helped me fondly recall my childhood, remembering all those names I forgot years ago (like Kickback!). So, that accomplished, I'll keep moving along...

I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I had that kind of cash. Seeing some of those lesser known toys that I had actually made me feel very nostalgic and sad. Perhaps owning them would just remind me of my childhood depression :(
Man,... now I can't stop thinking about my childhood,... I remember at 7 openining and playing with my Jetfire, carefully applying the stickers and shit. Damn, the place where it all happened is gone now, and everyone's dead :(

Well, maybe I'll get to do this life over again and again until I get over it.

:)

Did anyone read the story she posted? Really, rather interesting. I got the distinct feeling that she is putting a premium on the toys (and a hefty one at that) due to the sentimetal value of them. I'm sorry, but I don't pay extra just because it means something to you, it's worth what it's worth.

I have to imagine that this won't sell (even though the buy it now did selll it).

The listing is gone. Not a surprise the deal didn't work out but how would that get the listing deleted?

That collection was definitely not worth $1M. If it had every Transformer ever made including both American and Japanese releases and they were all still sealed I could see that price at least being considered but an American G1 only collection that's incomplete and most of the pieces have been opened and played with (even if it was by a careful adult)? No way.

bread's done
Back