1 Month of Gold FREE via IGN

billymagnum

CAGiversary!
IGN's app has launched so M$ is giving 1 free month of gold for current silver accounts.

IGN article:
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1224079p1.html

direct link:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/promotions/ign-gold-for-free

IGN App Now Available on Xbox Live

Instant access to IGN, right from your 360.

May 2, 2012

by Andrew Goldfarb

Update: Not an Xbox Live Gold subscriber? No problem. IGN readers can get a free month of Xbox Live right now.

Tired of watching IGN on your computer? Want to watch videos on your television directly through your Xbox instead?

Good news! Beginning today, IGN is now available on Xbox Live. Our app offers instant access to IGN content, so you can watch videos, live streams and all of the IGN shows you know and love.

Through the IGN app, Xbox Live Gold members will be able to access IGN video previews, reviews, guides, walkthroughs and even live streams as they happen, including our upcoming E3 2012 live show and live tournaments from the IGN Pro League.

Sound good? In addition to all of that, the app will also offer IGN shows, including Strategize and The Daily Fix. You can even control the app with Kinect, plus share content you like with friends on Facebook.

"With this new app, we continue our mission to reach gamers wherever they are, across all platforms, services and devices," said IGN senior vice president and publisher Peer Schneider. "Now millions of Xbox Live users can watch curated IGN content straight from their TVs."

The IGN app is available now to Xbox Live Gold members in the United States, but it'll be headed internationally in the future.

Not a Gold member yet? Between May 8th and June 8th, IGN is partnering with Microsoft to offer a free month of Xbox Live Gold, allowing gamers to watch our upcoming live streams in addition to all of the content from our E3 2012 live show. Keep an eye on this page for more details next week.

So what are you waiting for? Download the app now, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Tried to get the free month but it also requires a credit card to be on file. I may have to rethink that.[/QUOTE]

i used my paypal, then deleted all the info right after. also, remember this turns auto-renew ON.

Tired of watching IGN on your computer? Want to watch videos on your television directly through your Xbox instead?

Want the EXACT same IGN experience on your 360 by being forced to see the same advertisement over and over before watching the trailer you want instead of doing the smart thing by getting an adblocker for YouTube?

Fuck IGN.

Requires a credit card, so its not totally free. MS will charge your credit card after the month is up if you don't cancel. I do not put my information into any sort of offer like this, its just not worth what could possibly happen from it.

Aw yeah, free month of Xbo-
[quote name='Dark Rider']Remember that this is only for current silver members.[/QUOTE]
Booooo

Thanks OP. Just got off the 2 months for $2 deal. A free month is awesome. Yay for virtual credit card numbers!

Side note: anyone having issues with XBL this morning? I was able to finally get the free month, but haven't been able to log into my account online since. I keep getting some non-specific error from the site. Happens with Chrome, FF, and IE.

[quote name='SaraAB']Requires a credit card, so its not totally free. MS will charge your credit card after the month is up if you don't cancel. I do not put my information into any sort of offer like this, its just not worth what could possibly happen from it.[/QUOTE]

It requires a CC or PayPal. You can go to paypal.com to deauthorize Microsoft. They couldn't bill you for the next month if they tried. As long as you also turn off autorenew there shouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']just turned auto renew off. Easy peezy. Got my gf a free month again. Gotta love all the random promotions.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got the 2 months for $2 last time they were running that, noticed it expired so I went to GS and bought a 3 month code to hold me over for the summer, and sure enough right when I went to add the code I saw this promotion haha. :bomb:

[quote name='golfing7861']Can these stack?[/QUOTE]
I dont see why not after your ign gold expires and you are free member

[quote name='SaraAB']Requires a credit card, so its not totally free. MS will charge your credit card after the month is up if you don't cancel. I do not put my information into any sort of offer like this, its just not worth what could possibly happen from it.[/QUOTE]

How's that bubble working out for you? :p

I'd do it, but MS is pretty stingy about these things. From my initial bad experience a few years back and what I've read on the internet since then, only half of you will be able to successfully turn off autorenew using xbox.com variated web layouts and the other half think their Xbox can do no wrong. I've even heard of people being charged despite having turned off autorenew. Assuming that this option exist under my jurisdiction, what likelihood is there of really getting away with this scott free? 3:1?

R-type dimensions would be sweet tho...

bread's done
Back