$1 PSP UMD Movies at Dollar Tree!!!

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!
Not really a DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD deal, so I guess I'll be putting it in this forum. Noticed Rent and Starship Troopers at my local store. Didn't look for long since I don't have a PSP.

Anyone know if these are flippable anywhere?

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']I thi it's pretty safe to say this was prob a 1 time thing unfortunately....[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm sure it was Gamestop or whoever unloading excess stock on Dollar Tree.

I guess there's a small chance that another load of UMDs will need to be liquidated at some point. Somewhere out there is a landfill filled to the brim with Bewitched UMDs, right next to the landfill loaded with E.T. cartridges for the Atari.

I stopped checking. Went to check last week several times and found nothing. Went across the street to GS and found Starship Poopers for $1.79. :whistle2:k

WEll a long update I went back and it does not seem like any stores are restocking. So if you are still looking around more then likely they are all sold out.

I see instead DT getting in CD's. Mostly no name bands or short singles but I found Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy in there for $1. That is sad.

[quote name='buster90']WEll a long update I went back and it does not seem like any stores are restocking. So if you are still looking around more then likely they are all sold out.

I see instead DT getting in CD's. Mostly no name bands or short singles but I found Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy in there for $1. That is sad.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy clearanced Chinese Democracy out a while back, so they probably dumped the leftovers. I think I got it for around $1 at Best Buy a while back. Same with the uber-deluxe Silver CD+DVD version of Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist.

But ya...no restocking (or stocking in any stores that didn't get them) here, either. The one where I got my small selection moved them to 3 small bins in the electronics section...pretty much all Bewitched, Rent, and Steamboy.

Struck out at closest store near me, but many more to hit up today. Did score Heroes Soundtrack and Guns N Roses CD's. Thanks for the heads up OP

I can finally add stuff to this thread! Sorry, long time lurker and cheap ass gamer, first time poster guy.

I'm in North Florida (the city with an NFL team named after a kind of cat). I found the Dollar Tree sale thing just like you guys did, but, I think mine had a UMD that's been left off the tally of UMDs that's been kept so far. Mine had a copy of Mr. Deeds, the Adam Sandler movie. Also, was Year One mentioned?

While these could be leftover stock from Gamestop, one thing I think is more likely is that these were all from a Sony warehouse. All of the UMDs in question are ones Sony released. It's possible that Gamestop had these, or at least some of them, then sent them back to Sony for some reason.

I've only been able to check two stores and of those, only one had the UMDs. I only managed to get ten. There's so many more I would like to find. And another thing I've noticed, is that these UMDs have pretty much all found their way to eBay where they're selling for quite a bit.

bread's done
Back