1 Year of PS+ for $39.99 plus Free Ship from Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com)

kind of off topic but does anyone else hate the name "rakuten"? There is something warm and fuzzy about making a purchase from a site called buy.com but the Japanese word "rakuten" sounds like a store that sells knock off middle eastern rugs in a dark alleyway.

Oh yeah, there have been reports on them leaking CC info, so, I guess there is a risk.

kind of off topic but does anyone else hate the name "rakuten"? There is something warm and fuzzy about making a purchase from a site called buy.com but the Japanese word "rakuten" sounds like a store that sells knock off middle eastern rugs in a dark alleyway.
It's a language barrier. They might think "McDonald's" sounds weird.

I think it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I didn't know about Rakuten's rep until AFTER I purchased the card (and read the posts that followed), I decided to log back into my account with them. My CC info was saved there after my order with them, so I deleted it.  Just a note to anyone who ordered the card, or anyone else who still might have a Rakuten account... I'll be watching my card very carefully (as I always do)  :fridge: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I bit. Reputation or not if something goes down my bank has been super awesome about dealing with stuff like that in the past. I'll let anyone know if I see any fraudulent charges, though.

bread's done
Back