1 yr XBOX Live $38.75 @ Buy.com

When you use Google checkout, do you see the savings right away? I go to the screen, and it says that you are being charged by google, but it's before the discount.

[quote name='lordxixor101']When you use Google checkout, do you see the savings right away? I go to the screen, and it says that you are being charged by google, but it's before the discount.[/QUOTE]

You should see the discount right away. I just did it.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='lordxixor101']When you use Google checkout, do you see the savings right away? I go to the screen, and it says that you are being charged by google, but it's before the discount.[/quote]

To get the discount you need to sign up for Google Checkout THROUGH buy.com. If you create a google checkout account first, and then try to buy the item you WILL NOT get the discount.

I saw this cool deal. It's the Playstation Network and it's free!

How anyone pays to play online is beyond me.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']I saw this cool deal. It's the Playstation Network and it's free!

How anyone pays to play online is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Please keep these comments out of deal discussion.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']I saw this cool deal. It's the Playstation Network and it's free!

How anyone pays to play online is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Because the PSN is nowhere near as good as Xbox Live. And I have both.

How anyone pays to play online is beyond me.[/quote]

QFT.

Tell that to the millions of people that use Xbox Live compared to Sony's semi-small population.

I'm loving my 100% lag free games, are you?

Anyways, thanks op. Good way to not pay $50 :).

UMAD fanboy?

I own a PS3 and an XBOX360. I would love to pay for PS online service if it was even close to what XBL live is. PS online is terrible.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm loving my 100% lag free games, are you?

Anyways, thanks op. Good way to not pay $50 :).[/QUOTE]

To be fair, lag free has nothing to do with XBL since most live games are Peer to Peer, which is same for PSN. You are paying for the infrastructure (stuff you don't see like conflict resolutions, basically behind the scene stuff) and the network effect of your friends having XBL as well.

Anyways this is a good deal. I think my account is going to expire soon so i might as well get this. I hope my GCO works.

[quote name='daminion']To get the discount you need to sign up for Google Checkout THROUGH buy.com. If you create a google checkout account first, and then try to buy the item you WILL NOT get the discount.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Already had a google id, but never used google checkout. I just set up another email account to use it. Should be a great deal if it comes through.

Only bad part is that my Gold membership is running out very soon (sometime this week), so I'll be without it for a week or two until I get this card. But, for the savings, it is worth it (and I'm in the middle of a few non live games anyway, so that should tied me over).

[quote name='xrickyb86x']UMAD fanboy?

I own a PS3 and an XBOX360. I would love to pay for PS online service if it was even close to what XBL live is. PS online is terrible.[/QUOTE]

No no. The Wii's online service is terrible. PSN works well enough, and Live is the best.

On topic, This might be cheap enough for me, but I don't have any games I want to play on Live :cry:

Whoa! i heard about that too just that they scandle you out of all your money with this "download" thingy and did you hear about that one gaming company that didn't put rumble in there controllers? what idiots :drool:

They might be idiots but at least they're not dicks like MS that make you pay for a rechargeable battery pack, have a hard drive priced at $100+, have a Wifi adaptor at $100 and pay for something that should be free in XBL.

I'd love to argue anyone about XBL because it shouldn't cost anything. Give us dedicated servers or a chance to win prizes for paying for Gold subscription.

Wow...been looking for a renewal...good thing I found this thread...just ordered it and got an additional $10 off making it 28 bucks...thanks a whole heap

[quote name='Hostile']They might be idiots but at least they're not dicks like MS that make you pay for a rechargeable battery pack, have a hard drive priced at $100+, have a Wifi adaptor at $100 and pay for something that should be free in XBL.

I'd love to argue anyone about XBL because it shouldn't cost anything. Give us dedicated servers or a chance to win prizes for paying for Gold subscription.[/quote]

I somewhat agree. I could do without the chance to win prizes, since I doubt I'd actually win anything. But things like gamerpics and dashboard wallpapers should be free. It's ridiculous that those things cost money.

[quote name='Rolangello']Can I use Paypal to buy this?[/quote]

Yeah, you can but it is HIGHLY recommended you use Google Checkout to make the price drop by another $10.

This is a good deal. Total for me came out to $28.75 after tax and shipping because I selected the free shipping. Obviously it will take longer to get here, but considering that this is nothing that I don't already have, and my service doesn't expire until late March, it doesn't really matter how long it takes to get here as long as it gets here before March 25th. :)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Let's face it. All three companies do stupid ass things. And we can end it there.[/quote]
QFT

Back on topic: Thanks for this OP! I'm in need to renew my service before the end of next month.

I saw this in my email and I couldn't decide whether or not to order but after seeing my fellow CAG's all over it, I figured what the hell. When you enter the code, does it just add these months on to your existing account?

Its a good deal but I cant jump on it. If only microsoft had included wireless with their system like playstation 3. I cant have all those wires in my house. Does anyone know how I cant get the xbox 360 wireless adapter for less than $50?

[quote name='rdwd39']I saw this in my email and I couldn't decide whether or not to order but after seeing my fellow CAG's all over it, I figured what the hell. When you enter the code, does it just add these months on to your existing account?[/quote]

Yep.

thanks OP. just saw my account was expiring at the end of the month and jumped on the deal. does anyone know if they process in a timely matter? i used GCO once for textbooks for my sister...let's just say i ordered using it in august, she didn't get the books til the end of october. i'm just wondering if it has to do with the website to.

Alright people, I cleaned out ALL the posts (about half of the thread!) that were part of the 360 vs PS3 online service debate (with cheap shots at the Wii thrown in for the sake of pure fanboyism). This is a DEALS thread so talk about this Xbox Live DEAL only here please - take the other stuff somewhere else!

[quote name='io']Alright people, I cleaned out ALL the posts (about half of the thread!) that were part of the 360 vs PS3 online service debate (with cheap shots at the Wii thrown in for the sake of pure fanboyism). This is a DEALS thread so talk about this Xbox Live DEAL only here please - take the other stuff somewhere else![/quote]

Good show.

Dang, my membership is running out soon, but darnit if I wouldn't like to find a better deal. I think I've paid around $20 per year of owning my 360.

I guess I might just be a little too greedy though - I might just end up ordering this.

Thanks, op!

You'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal, especially with the GCO discount. The only thing that is probably just as good is the $40 Vision Bundles, but those are becoming rare to find now, considering they have been on clearance at TRU for weeks.

[quote name='io']Alright people, I cleaned out ALL the posts (about half of the thread!) that were part of the 360 vs PS3 online service debate (with cheap shots at the Wii thrown in for the sake of pure fanboyism). This is a DEALS thread so talk about this Xbox Live DEAL only here please - take the other stuff somewhere else![/quote]
Sorry about that io, I actually didn't want to say anything since it wasn't on topic, I usually ignore off topic post and stay on topic. But staying on topic, I will be getting this soon, considering my subscription expires by the end of next month.

Too bad the front page coupon of $5 off 50 at buy.com is actually $5 off 75. I was going to toss in a cheap game to get it up to $50. Anyone know a better buy.com coupon?

Just got one. My subscription ran out in November. I gotta send my 360 in for repair and I'll have my card ready when it gets back. :)

I got a question may be off topic but can you use a prepaid visa and get the $10 off every time you use a new prepaid visa card?

[quote name='lhfan04']I got a question may be off topic but can you use a prepaid visa and get the $10 off every time you use a new prepaid visa card?[/quote]

You do not need to do this at all. Sign up for a new Google Checkout account with a different e-mail and use your regular credit card and you should still see the discount. Just make sure to check for the discount when they ask you to "PLACE ORDER FOR $28.75".

bread's done
Back