$10 Component Cables for PS3 at AMZN - Worth it?

finkel98

CAGiversary!
In the market to buy a PS3 - what are the video/audio hook ups coming with the console? are they good enough to display full 1080p on a HDTV or do i need to upgrade them?

In that case, are the $10 components cable on sale at Amazon what is needed?

You're in the wrong forum.

The PS3 comes with composite cables. They are only good for 480i.

If your TV has HDMI, you should get an HDMI cable from monoprice, rather than component cables. If you don't have HDMI, then the component cables for $10 is a good deal.

Mine (40gb model) came with composite cables only - what a joke. Bought an HDMI cable for full HD. I don't think component cables can do 1080p...

[quote name='nem2k2']Mine (40gb model) came with composite cables only - what a joke. Bought an HDMI cable for full HD. I don't think component cables can do 1080p...[/QUOTE]

Component cables are capable of full 1080p. However, most TV's don't support 1080p over component. This is not due restrictions on the actual capabilities of component cables. HDMI should be higher quality if you have the free hdmi slot though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an old HDTV that lack HDMI ports - Component. You can also use them on your PS2 & probably PS1 also though that is just a guess.
If you have a recent HDTV that has 1 or more HDMI ports & can do 1080p - HDMI cable 2M (6 feet)

Bought 2 when they were for $1.76 each & I have never looked back. Both being used for my cable box & PS3 running at 1080p (my Samsung 32" is 720p though), nothing wrong at all. :)

$10 for official Sony component cables can't really be beat. I missed out on the previous BF sale. Great for those with older receivers that don't have HDMI.

I'm going to try this on a PS2 myself.

bread's done
Back