$10 credit with purchase of Modern Warfare 2 from amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, what goofy names for the special editions. But yeah, I'll probably be in for one of the standard editions with this deal. If they chip a little away from the MSRP & ECA coupons are still around, this could effectively be $40 or so.

Limited Editions never go down in price just look at Gears 2; it's now 35 bucks but the LE is still $70. God, I want that Hardened edition though. A GOTY edition may come out too don't know if I'll bite on this.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Limited Editions never go down in price just look at Gears 2; it's now 35 bucks but the LE is still $70. God, I want that Hardened edition though. A GOTY edition may come out too don't know if I'll bite on this.[/QUOTE]

you can find the halo 3 le for 39.99 at alot of places now new egg has it on sale alot

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Limited Editions never go down in price just look at Gears 2; it's now 35 bucks but the LE is still $70. God, I want that Hardened edition though. A GOTY edition may come out too don't know if I'll bite on this.[/QUOTE]

Limited Editions definitely go down in price if they're over produced... and they often are. At retailers, you'll find that the LE of games drops to clearance faster than the regular versions because they're counted as "out of print" and they take up so much space.

As for GOTY Editions, look at the current Game of the Year Edition for Call of Duty 4. It has absolutely nothing extra when compared to the original edition. Yes, it had an extra bonus map pack for a few months and then they stopped including it. That's what... $10 in Live points? For optional maps that sucked? And you'd have to wait half a year for that version to release? There's no point in waiting for a Game of the Year Edition.

Just preordered the Prestige Edition for $149 - $75 (50% Amazon promotion from trade-on) - $15 from ECA code - $10 off future games, which makes the game $50. Can't complain about that!

[quote name='WilliamG']Just preordered the Prestige Edition for $149 - $75 (50% Amazon promotion from trade-on) - $15 from ECA code - $10 off future games, which makes the game $50. Can't complain about that![/QUOTE]

that's bullshit

[quote name='GuardianE']Limited Editions definitely go down in price if they're over produced... and they often are. At retailers, you'll find that the LE of games drops to clearance faster than the regular versions because they're counted as "out of print" and they take up so much space.

As for GOTY Editions, look at the current Game of the Year Edition for Call of Duty 4. It has absolutely nothing extra when compared to the original edition. Yes, it had an extra bonus map pack for a few months and then they stopped including it. That's what... $10 in Live points? For optional maps that sucked? And you'd have to wait half a year for that version to release? There's no point in waiting for a Game of the Year Edition.[/QUOTE]

Not on amazon at least. Prices of LE fluctuate yeah, but they never go down. Because they stop making them- hence; Limited Edition. You can buy it used but chances are the token/download code that came with it is already used. I think maybe I should wait a while for the Hardened Edition. All I want is the case and the book. I could are less about the original COD- looks horrible. As for the GOTY edition, you can't ever go wrong with free maps.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']still hard to believe the regular PC version is $60...[/QUOTE]

Oh god. It's happening to the PC.

TO THE BOMB SHELTER!

Limited editions of bad games can plummet, though. I bought the metal case Collectors Edition of Turning Point: Fall of Liberty for $14 a couple months ago at MicroCenter. Was worth the $14 IMO, but I feel sorry for anyone who laid down the $79 for it when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back