$10 mail in rebate on select games.

DRJ555

CAGiversary!
You can get $10 cash back (not coupon, but a check) when you buy select games. Best Buy and EB were passing out these coupons, so other B&M stores should have them as well. Nothing too special, but if you were going to get one of these games you can save some money.

Qualifying Games

Swat (XBox, PS2)
Hunter the Reckoning - Redeemer (Xbox)
Hunter the Reckoning - Wayward (PS2)
Cat in the Hat (PS2, GBA, XBox)
The Hobbit (GBA, GC, XBox, PS2)
Metal Arms (GC, XBox, PS2)
Battlestar Gallactica (XBox, PS2)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (GC, PS2, XBox)
Barbie Horse Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue (PS2, XBox, GBA)
Polly Pocket (GBA)

There is no price requiremen on the games so if you can get them on sale later the $10 back should still work.

Offer expires 3-31-04

Purchases must be made from 12-26-03 to 3-31-04 and must be mailed by 4-30-04.

No online coupon to print. On the coupon it says "mail this completed coupon (no facsimilies accepted)" ...

So you need the actual coupon. Like I said BestBuy and EB had them so probably TRU, GameStop and other stores should have them as well.

If you can get the game for $10 then it would work, but $9.99 would not. It says that the rebate cannot exceed the value of the game.

Here is what the coupon says on the back:

To receive your rebate, mail this completed coupon (no facsimilies accepted) along with the following items: 1) original UPC code(s) from participating titles; 2) Copy of original dated sales receipt for participating titles purchased between 12-26-03 and 3-31-04; Request must be postmarked no later than 4-30-04. Limit one rebate per household. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing.

Mail to:
January 2004 Console $10 MIR, P.O. Box
256, Young America, MN, 55558-3145

Offer good in USA only. All rebate checks will be remitted in U.S. currance only. Void where prohibited. Coupon valid only to end-user. Not available to resellers. Rebate not valid with any other offer. All rebates become the property of Vivindi Universal Games, Inc. and will not be returned. Not responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible or misdirected mail. If rebate is not received in 8 weeks, call 1-800-942-8618, Sun. through Sat., 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Central Time). Rebate amount may not exceed the retail purchase price of the title(s). © 2003 Vivindi Universal Games, Inc. All rights reserved... (more about registered trademarks for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft)

You sure there isn't any place online to find them? I'd perfer just to buy the game online, and print out the rebate and be done with it >.>

Oh, and Hunter for PS2 is only $15 for PS2... so with the rebate it comes out to onlt $5, not a bad deal at all IMO :D

I wonder if they mean that the rebate cannot exceed the value of the game than maybe they would just give you a rebate for whatever the game cost?

I wish I knew about this earlier. The Hobbit (PS2) was only $15 with the gamer's coupon this week at Best Buy B&M. Too bad the BB here is closed now. It's still $20 on bestbuy.com until tomorrrow though.

electronics boutique I went to had never heard of it,although they did have forms tape to the front of the games in question

The bestbuy I went to bounced me between six different employees before deciding either the promotion hadn't started yet,or it wasn't a bestbuy promotion

I took this entire topic with me,so it's not like the clerks didn't understand what I was describing, they simply couldn't make a connection between it and anything they had seen before

Does anyone have a scan of the form involved so we can show the stores exactly what we're looking for?

ugh.....I hate rebates on games......I remember that I had 2 $5 rebates for nintendo games a while ago.......I didn't send them in because I didn't want to cut the boxart........why do they do this?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get this rebate without cutting up the box art?

Dang, and the buffy sequel is already down to $19.99. If BB has it for that price I can get it for $14.99 there, plus a $10 mail in rebate? $5 for buffy, or $10 for buffy, either way thats cheap.

[quote name='vgossain']Doing a quick google search, I found this pdf. Looks like this is the rebate form. What is weird is that the form is available on outpost, but I couldn't find a link to the rebate anywhere on outpost.

http://image.ak.outpost.com/art/rebates_pdf/3685785.pdf

Has anyone seen the rebate form in store anywhere?[/quote]

Interesting...
So basically, I got Hunter for free AR from Circuit City?

I haven't found this rebate in any store mentioned here. I've gone to two separate EB's and one Best Buy. There's nothing there. Best Buy runs the majority of their rebates through their cash register receipts, and EB just hasn't heard anything about it. The image is great, but since you can't use a facsimile, I need a better source for it. Does anyone have an idea on this? Or has anyone found proof that they can use this online version of it? I'm really wanting Metal Arms, but $50 is too steep for me. What can I say? I'm a CAG. :)

I've been to 5 Best Buys in the greater Detroit area and no one there knows about this deal either. ( Brighton, Southfield, westland, dearborn, Pontiac)

I found the PC version of the rebate at Target. I was passing by the PC games section in my local Target (Mountain View, CA) and I saw the same red/white/black $10 rebate coupon taped to a Simpsons Hit and Run box (there was also a couple of copies of The Hobbit that had the rebate on them as well). I checked it out, but it was only for PC versions of the games. Since I'm not a PC gamer, I didn't look too closely at it, but it looked very similar to the PDF on the Outpost site, except that the address was:

January 2004 PC $10 MIR

Still haven't seen the console coupon, but getting closer :)

This is just my interpretation, but I think that "no facsimilies accepted" means that you can't fax it to them. Typically when it has to be the original rebate form, it will say "no photocopies accepted". Besides, having the form online for printing when you can't use it doesn't make a lot of sense. The best thing I gues to prevent confusion to do is to call that number on the form, 1-800-942-8618, and ask them.

I called that number and spoke w/ a guy from Vivendi. I explained the situation, and he said that he doesn't see why they wouldn't accept it. He said that as long as you have the original UPC and other required items, then printing off the coupon shouldn't be a problem. Of course, this can't be proven until tested. I'm not a brave soul at the moment to purchase Metal Arms, but I have until March to find it for a nice price before sending in the rebate. Anyone else brave enough to try it? Let us know if it works out.

Found the coupon in Best Buy. I went to a local Best Buy, and they had a pad of the coupons in the PS2 game section. Looks exactly like the pdf earlier. So check your local Best Buy (or other store) and see if they have the coupons now.

Where are ya'll located? I'm not finding anything in my area. I'm in SC, and I've checked Best Buy, Gamestop, and EBGames. I haven't found anything. Bummer. Well, atleast I have until the end of March to find one. Is it possible this is a regional sort of rebate? Would a company do a rebate like that?

Heck I was holding on to a $5 rebate coupon for Metal Arms that came in the demo disk. It would have to be bought by Feb. No discounts yet, but this is an extra $5 and an extra month to find it cheap . . .

Another topic on this board told of some price drops at Gamestop, one of which was Metal Arms.

So, I went to my local Software Etc (Gamestop) at Cumberland Mall in Atlanta in found Metal Arms for Xbox for $24.99 (used). I figure I can use that $10 rebate to make it a hell of a deal. Now I just have to find a rebate form (I printed the one posted earlier, but I'd love to find it in the store). The staff at the store had no idea about the rebate.

It doesn't look like Metal Arms is Xbox Live enabled, which stinks. Played with my wife for a few minutes (um...played the game...) and it seems fun.

Anyone in Atlanta find this $10 rebate form at a store yet? I've been to my local BB, CC, and Software Etc (Gamestop), and only the guy at CC even heard of it (but they didn't have it). I do have the printout from Outpost.com, but would feel more comfortable with an "original".

Thanks!

This is the first time I've read this post, but I found a display with a pad of those rebate forms at Toys 'R' Us here in north Texas the other day. I didn't take one, since I wasn't buying any of those games. If I can find one of them for $20 or less, however, I will indeed take advantage of the rebate offer.

I've checked quite a few stores in my area (northern VA) but haven't found the real forms. (I bought Hunter Redeemer (Xbox) for $15 from Best Buy yesterday.)

I called the number on the form, too. Dude said a print out would probably be okay. (He didn't know of the rebate...) But when I read the part about no facsimiles accepted he was basically like, hmm well that might not work, but give it a try if you can't find the real forms. So if I don't locate the official form I'll probably mail in the rebate using a print out of the pdf and include a note that I called the number on the form and was told a print out would be acceptable :wink: I had planned to ask if they would be willing to mail me a real form, but with him clearly not even being familiar with this offer I didn't bother.

Haven't actually opened Redeemer so I suppose I could return it, but I don't think I'll go that route.

Has anyone actually tried this rebate with just a print out? Did you try it CheapyD?

Or would anyone be willing to mail me a real form? Build up some good karma :lol:

Ditto--I've got the printout, but I would hate to not get ten bucks back due to a technicality.
And since the original upc or whatever is required, you couldn't later on send out a copy.
I found the PC one in a Gamestop near me, but I'm having no luck finding the console ones.
If someone were to find a stack and grab ten or so for other CAGers, I'd certainly send you a SASE or something to get one to me. Or if someone wants to be the guinea pig--er, beta tester, as to whether they will take the print out. Facsimile can mean both, a fax or a copy, so it might be a YMMV when you call and ask.

I'm planning to try this out with the print out, if I can't acquire a legit form. But I'll probably wait until close to the deadline before giving up the hunt, so I won't be much use as a guinea pig.

But I would also be very willing to send out a SASE.

I think I'm going to try this with Metal Arms. I have a GGC, and Best Buy sells it for $30, so worst case I'll get it for $25, best case $15. If I do it I'll post my success as soon as I can.

I think that link used to be to the console version of the form. It's like they replaced the file with the PC version. Or I might just be confused and the link I used for the console version was on another thread?

Umm.. I just got back from Princeton Best Buy and EBgames and neither had those coupons or knew what I was talking about. I bought Metal Arms (XBX) from EBgames for $29.99 and I haven't opened it yet, just reading this post. So there's no coupon for it online? Dang I guess I'm going to have to return this then =/

I found the coupon by using a qoogle search and typing in "Metal Arms rebate".......Metal Arms of course being the game I bought.

I picked it up from Gamestop about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago for $29.99.

I also bought Hunter: the Redeemer for $19.99 during EBgames.com Feburary sale and I'm trying to use that for the rebate as well.

Just had a crazy idea. With the UT2k4 voucher for EBgames, Metal Arms (or insert game of choice here) for $29.99 -$20 -$10 rebate = technically free

If you haven't been able to get the actual rebate form yet, go to Toys r Us and ask for it. My TRU [Cary, NC] had a sign up in the PS2 game section advertising the deal, but no forms [the only time I've seen them has been on the PC game boxes at Gamestop.] Anyway, I asked the guy at the counter and he had a full pad of them behind the register. He'd only give me one though. I bought Hunter from Circuit City for ~14, I think, so ten bucks back would be quite nice.

Recieved my $10 rebate today.
Sent in on 2/13/04. Was for $10.
Used original rebate form & cut UPC out.
Shipped from Young America Minnesota.
Envelope was 3 folded. Have to tear both
sides of the perforated edges .
So its not a postcard which is nice.

Funny I just finished Metal Arms last nite.

I also received my $10 rebate today. I sent in a copy of the rebate so it does in fact work! No facsimiles means no fax not no photocopies. So the deal does work as long as you can print out a copy of the coupon from some place. BOOYA!

bread's done
Back