10 million+ copies of FFVII, ebay the only option?

expane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
this game sold a ton, had a GH version, yet the only copies I can find are for inflated prices on ebay (and 10+ pages of active sales)

wtf? is this a hoarding central thing, the game is not rare, not collectable (I regret losing / selling my copy years ago, dumb move but..)

Is it really strange to assume that if a game gets a GH version and sells over 10mil copies that it wont be hard to find?

anyone got one on a trade list?

I aint paying $100 for a GH PS1 game on ebay that will be $10 on the PS3 w/ enhanced graphics :)

There's a sucker born every minute. Not only did we get Advent Children and FFXI for the 360, but the next 12 months are a verifiable Final Fantasy love-a-thon. I believe every system is getting a new FF game. The GB is even getting another blast from the past. These prices will probably go up since everyone that has a copy isn't giving it up for less $75 these days.

Supply and demand folks. 10 million copies, sure. To how many of these people was this game their first RPG? How many of them have jobs now? How long has it been from first game to first real job? Remember we older gen folks aren't the only ones tainted with nostalgia, anymore. We have a new breed to contend with!

Also we gamers are elitist mofos. Mint condition or death. Just look at our tradelists. There is a price to pay for those who want a mint copy to play (or worse, collect) versus those who just want a copy that plays.

I aint paying $100 for a GH PS1 game on ebay that will be $10 on the PS3 w/ enhanced graphics
So don't. There's plenty of other games that we have not played available! But if you want to break the bank on a title, screw FF7. Get Rondo of Blood or Radiant Silvergun! Now those are titles that are the crests of their genres! Patience is a virtue in the world of electronics and media.

Also since it was so common, most of those millions of people probably have no idea it's worth anything. I was seeing them in circuit city a year ago. When I checked a few days ago a gamestop near me had one... may pick it up and sell it during the B2G1F if it's still there although I despise ebay.

I'm personally tempted to sell my non-gh version...

Man, this makes me want to sell my copy that's in practically perfect condition. Only I won't because every now and then I want to play it, so I go back through about two hours of Midgar and then stop playing because I'm sick of it again. :(

I guess tomorrow I'll pick up the two nice copies available locally for about $7 apiece and flip 'em online. I wouldn't mind some extra scratch.

By the backhair of Thor! I have a new original copy of FFVII. Guess it's going off to ebay.

[quote name='RacinReaver']Man, this makes me want to sell my copy that's in practically perfect condition. Only I won't because every now and then I want to play it, so I go back through about two hours of Midgar and then stop playing because I'm sick of it again. :([/quote]

Honestly you're better off. The game really takes a nosedive once you get out of Midgar. They should've just ended it after Disc 1 since after that it rides into angst land.

Really, the game should've ended after Midgar. Just flesh the plot out a bit more and increase Turks' involvement.

The reason why's there such a spike is because of Advent Children... but it'll die down until another FFVII spin-off is released. It's basically due to collectors. You wouldn't believe it, but some people actually own multiple copies of a game with hopes of reselling it in the future for a profit. Just wait it bit and it should hopefully down to more reasonable levels but it probably won't go below $30 for a good condition, complete copy. And even with 10 million copies, it doesn't mean that everyone will put their copy up on eBay.

There was a guy on GTZ or TGN who had 3 sealed copies of Rhapsody (before the reprint). After it was reprinted, I asked him how much for a copy and he told me $150... after which I told him to check eBay.

As much as I hate people who want to turn a profit from games, I can't say I don't appreciate it. I do collect my games but only because I like them. I sold some games in the past which I had an extra copy of and I can't say I didn't like making $40 from a game I paid $20 for. But I usually end up re-buying them so I just decided not to sell my games. Plus, with CAG it's easier to keep a large game collection going.:)

I completely agree with this. People have to realize that this is one of the few games that people feel pasionate about. They either love it or hate it. The prices will fall when people start to feel indifferent about it.

[quote name='Pijaibros']Supply and demand folks. 10 million copies, sure. To how many of these people was this game their first RPG? How many of them have jobs now? How long has it been from first game to first real job? Remember we older gen folks aren't the only ones tainted with nostalgia, anymore. We have a new breed to contend with!

Also we gamers are elitist mofos. Mint condition or death. Just look at our tradelists. There is a price to pay for those who want a mint copy to play (or worse, collect) versus those who just want a copy that plays.

So don't. There's plenty of other games that we have not played available! But if you want to break the bank on a title, screw FF7. Get Rondo of Blood or Radiant Silvergun! Now those are titles that are the crests of their genres! Patience is a virtue in the world of electronics and media.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's insane. Not too long ago I was randomly checking them out on Ebay and I think brand new copies were the only ones with an outrageous price.

I'm tempted to sell my copy then just rebuy it when the prices start to drop again.

sage words from CAGers as usual.

When I sold mine back years ago, I think I got $7 for it and it was still selling new for $19.99

Guess I'll wait, or be forced to emu

bread's done
Back