$10 MindJack @ Gamestop PS3(OOS Online) X360

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
hmm but is it really like psi ops? It was so fun lifting people in the air and smashing their faces into things in that game.

BTW is one version better than the other? PS3 or 360? Generally the 360 version is a bit better for most games. I was wondering what the case was here

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm but is it really like psi ops?[/quote]
I've never played Psi Ops, but they sound nothing alike based on your description. You don't have any powers in Mindjack; you're just able to "convert" downed enemies and hop from one body to another.

[quote name='Kenshindono']BTW is one version better than the other? PS3 or 360? Generally the 360 version is a bit better for most games. I was wondering what the case was here[/QUOTE]
I don't know why one version would be better than the other. It's the same game either way; it just depends on what console you want to play it on. Xbox has a better chance of still having online players, but I still wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']

I don't know why one version would be better than the other. It's the same game either way; it just depends on what console you want to play it on. Xbox has a better chance of still having online players, but I still wouldn't count on it.[/QUOTE]

Orange box on ps3. Enough said.

As for online, yes there are still a few. I had no clue what to expect when I rented it and didn't realize that if you setup the single player a specific way that random folks could jump in on the other team.

I had some high level guy joining me on the first level and kicking my ass as I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. It took me a while to figure out he wasn't another ai.

[quote name='daminion']Orange box on ps3. Enough said.[/QUOTE]
Portal 2 would've been a better example, I think. The Orange Box versions were years apart and the games weren't developed with both consoles in mind, so some discrepancies are expected. Portal 2, on the other hand, was developed with both consoles in mind but with clear favoritism towards the PS3 version. But in the case of Mindjack, both versions are the same, so the quality of the experience depends on one's preferences.

[quote name='matrix9280']Say more.[/QUOTE]
Orange Box on the PS3 had some framerate and loading time issues, which happens with pretty much any game that was released on the 360 first (Mass Effect 2 was particularly bad). I've experienced this with a lot of multiplatform games, which I think is due to the different CPUs and 360's use of DirectX (as well as the developers not taking the time to optimize both versions fully), but some people see no difference at all. Anyway, Orange Box PS3 also had the added ability to use quick saves while playing, which is another thing that sets it apart. I imagine daminion was probably referring to one or both of these.

bread's done
Back