$10 off $20 w/ Google Checkout

outsider

CAGiversary!
http://www.google.com/buy/m.html

Signup w/ Google's new checkout (its a kind of PayPal checkout service) and get $10 off $20 at selected stores!

DVD Empire & CD Universe is included... someone might be able to find something! I used it for some HD-DVD's!

Enjoy!

**EDIT 7/2/06 **

They added a couple of new stores... "BestPrices.Com" also sells games/dvds/cds etc... check the google page again.

Here's what I got:

Half-Life 2 & Scrapland for the XBOX for $21.87 shipped from CD Universe.

Stargate SG-1 Season 7 for $24.67 shipped from DVD Empire.

1lb. Sumatra & 1lb. Ethiopia Sidamo for $15.17 shipped from Starbucks.

[quote name='grendel19']Is the $20 before or after shipping? Otherwise there are some $19.99 games I'm interested in.[/quote]

before

I had already pre-ordered Tales of the Abyss here when there was free shipping.

I ordered Xenosaga III : Sprauch Zarathustra instead which was listed as $40 on their site, (still $50 at other retailers I have seen) for $32.98

when i try to finialize the order it says i must use GBuy? but isn't the code Gbuy10? what does this mean. btw i'm doing this at cduniverse

[quote name='Pookymeister']I think with dvdempire, you can't use Google Checkout for preorder items.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's my experience with the above suggestion of Cooking Mama, very disappointing. If someone can get a preorder to work, inform us.

[quote name='shadylane']when i try to finialize the order it says i must use GBuy? but isn't the code Gbuy10? what does this mean. btw i'm doing this at cduniverse[/QUOTE]
You have to use Google Checkout.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I had already pre-ordered Tales of the Abyss here when there was free shipping.

I ordered Xenosaga III : Sprauch Zarathustra instead which was listed as $40 on their site, (still $50 at other retailers I have seen) for $32.98[/QUOTE]

Great thinking!!

[quote name='groundskeeper']I had already pre-ordered Tales of the Abyss here when there was free shipping.

I ordered Xenosaga III : Sprauch Zarathustra instead which was listed as $40 on their site, (still $50 at other retailers I have seen) for $32.98[/QUOTE]

Great thinking!!

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, that's my experience with the above suggestion of Cooking Mama, very disappointing. If someone can get a preorder to work, inform us.[/quote]I got Age of Empires DS at DVD Empire for $22.04. So I can't help you there. But I did get Cooking Mama at CD Universe for $15.44. I also never had any problems using Firefox (although I do with CAG, which was the reason I started using Firefoxin the first place; teh Haxx0rz!), so maybe that is part of it. Both prices are shipped, BTW. But I did do some looking around just now and it appears that most online places are assuming it will release at $19.99 (it is being published by Majesco in the U.S.). So just GGC it. I still ordered in case the online retailers are wrong (since I didn't find anything else at CD Universe I wanted that I couldn't get as cheap elsewhere).

EDIT: I also have gotten an Order Confirmation from CD Universe about 20-25 minutes after ordering.

[quote name='Dijital']can this be used more than once?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if you have more than one credit/debit card and another e-mail address.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Yes, if you have more than one credit/debit card and another e-mail address.[/QUOTE]
Good thinking and just send myself a invite.

[quote name='chewster777']Thanks OP, I pre-ordered Tales of the Abyss for $23 and the Wolf's Rain DVD Collection for $15. Hope that Citi bonus comes through.[/quote]
In case you didn't know, the entire Wolf's Rain series is spread across two Anime Legends Collections I and II.

[quote name='eau']In case you didn't know, the entire Wolf's Rain series is spread across two Anime Legends Collections I and II.[/quote]

But it said that it was 750 minutes, which is the length of the entire series(when compared to the original collector's collection). It's only 26 episodes. Surely they can fit it all into this boxset. Anyone know anything about this release?

I hope Google can battle PayPal and force PayPal to be a better payment service instead of ripping people off of their money. I lost $50+ on one transaction using PayPal.

[quote name='chewster777']But it said that it was 750 minutes, which is the length of the entire series(when compared to the original collector's collection). It's only 26 episodes. Surely they can fit it all into this boxset. Anyone know anything about this release?[/QUOTE]
Actually, it's 30 episodes. This collection was initially going to contain the entire series, but Bandai pulled a switcheroo and is now splitting up the show over TWO "Complete Collections" instead of one. All previous listings stating that the set has a runtime of 750 minutes, or that it contains the complete series, are incorrect. Sad but true.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Actually, it's 30 episodes. This collection was initially going to contain the entire series, but Bandai pulled a switcheroo and is now splitting up the show over TWO "Complete Collections" instead of one. All previous listings stating that the set has a runtime of 750 minutes, or that it contains the complete series, are incorrect. Sad but true.[/quote]

I didn't notice any gaps in the story, at least I don't recall any...can you recommend a site that details what's in the four missing episodes?

Anyone know when these Google coupons will expire? There are some backordered/preorders I want to do, but I prefer doing it on things that are actually in stock.

Also, for anyone interested in a fairly good deal, you can get any game 19.99 from DVD Empire shipped for free. Each game would wind up costing about 11.69-- search for a CD called "Christmas Parable" and add two in your cart. They cost .85 cents a piece. When you buy three items, you become elligible for free shipping.
Not a bad deal. Picked up Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.
Their search sucks. So here's a link. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364856876902&item_id=1147932&searchID=

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also, for anyone interested in a fairly good deal, you can get any game 19.99 from DVD Empire shipped for free. Each game would wind up costing about 11.69-- search for a CD called "Christmas Parable" and add two in your cart. They cost .85 cents a piece. When you buy three items, you become elligible for free shipping.
Their search sucks. So here's a link. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364856876902&item_id=1147932&searchID=[/QUOTE]

Good find

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also, for anyone interested in a fairly good deal, you can get any game 19.99 from DVD Empire shipped for free. Each game would wind up costing about 11.69-- search for a CD called "Christmas Parable" and add two in your cart. They cost .85 cents a piece. When you buy three items, you become elligible for free shipping.
Their search sucks. So here's a link. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364856876902&item_id=1147932&searchID=[/QUOTE]

I never been to DVD empire. Using this method you can get any of the following DS games for $11.69

Fifa Street 2
Tony Hawk
NFS Most Wanted
Shark Tales
SUPER MONKEY BALL
Big Brain
Brain Age
+++

Check it out.

Hey Turls, were you using the search feature? It's not very good. I found most of the games by going to Game>DS>Complete List and then going to the relevant genre.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey Turls, were you using the search feature? It's not very good. I found most of the games by going to Game>DS>Complete List and then going to the relevant genre.[/quote]

I went through the complete list grid view. Hopefully going by genre wasn't a trick to get more results.

DVDEmpire isn't letting me use Google Checkout when I get the free shipping; is anyone else experiencing this?

edit: The problem seems to be caused by logging into DVDEmpire. Are there any extremely cheap free shipping CDs or anything that ships right away?

[quote name='rolleyes']DVDEmpire isn't letting me use Google Checkout when I get the free shipping; is anyone else experiencing this?[/quote]

It wouldn't accept the code the first time I put it in, 2nd time I was golden.

That worked out very nicely. I've been wanting an import cd for months but didn't want to pay the import price for it. So this coupon allowed me to get it for a normal price:

Per Gessle - Son of a Plumber - $20.14 shipped

Thanks OP! :)

EDIT: Was the person who mentioned it just joking about getting a starbucks gift card? I'd like to grab one for my wife if it's true, but I don't see them anywhere on their site...

EDIT #2: N/M, I found it - if you click on the "store locator" link at the bottom, it takes you to what looks like a completely different site. Weird.

EDIT #3: A completely different store, where the code doesn't seem to work... :p

I picked up the Best of the Doobie Brothers and Showbiz Kids: Steely Dan 1972-1980 at CD Universe using this. Great deal.

Their search sucks. So here's a link. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364856876902&item_id=1147932&searchID=[/quote]

Smart! I just got Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones for GBA and 2 Christmas Parables for $11.69

Maybe I can give the x-mas parables away as part of a crappy x-mas gift package!

i would advise you all think before you use google checkout. google already know a lot about you, they use AdSense to follow your interests, they remeber all your google searches, if you have gmail they know the contents of all your emails, if you use gtalk they know everything you tell your freinds, but that really isnt a big deal because they dont know where you live, but if you use google checkout they then have a Name, Address, and Credit Card to link to all this information. If you don't have a problem with Google knowing all this informtion, then go for it. If you like having privacy, what little privacy the Bush Admin thinks we deserve, then I would stay away from Google Checkout and all of Google if possible.

[quote name='bradtwitty']i would advise you all think before you use google checkout. google already know a lot about you, they use AdSense to follow your interests, they remeber all your google searches, if you have gmail they know the contents of all your emails, if you use gtalk they know everything you tell your freinds, but that really isnt a big deal because they dont know where you live, but if you use google checkout they then have a Name, Address, and Credit Card to link to all this information. If you don't have a problem with Google knowing all this informtion, then go for it. If you like having privacy, what little privacy the Bush Admin thinks we deserve, then I would stay away from Google Checkout and all of Google if possible.[/QUOTE]

Just a little paranoid aren't ya? ;)

I'm more worried about giving a semi-retarted eBay seller my shipping info than using Google.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Google was actually noted in the news for being one of the search engines that did not comply with Bush's request to submit over their search engine usage data.

[quote name='bradtwitty']i would advise you all think before you use google checkout. google already know a lot about you, they use AdSense to follow your interests, they remeber all your google searches, if you have gmail they know the contents of all your emails, if you use gtalk they know everything you tell your freinds, but that really isnt a big deal because they dont know where you live, but if you use google checkout they then have a Name, Address, and Credit Card to link to all this information. If you don't have a problem with Google knowing all this informtion, then go for it. If you like having privacy, what little privacy the Bush Admin thinks we deserve, then I would stay away from Google Checkout and all of Google if possible.[/QUOTE]

Even if you think that Google has nefarious motives, does it really matter whether you submit your information to Google Checkout? We're all already exposed to enormous risks of identity theft and invasions of privacy. A little more exposure won't make much difference.

Well, I preordered Kaze no Yojimbo and Galaxy Angel Z @ DVD Empire, with seemingly no problems:

Qty Item Price
1 Galaxy Angel Z: Complete Collection - DVD-Video $23.52
1 Kaze No Yojimbo: Complete Collection - DVD-Video $29.40
Congratulations! You just saved $10! -$10.00
Tax (IN): $0.00
Shipping & Handling (UPS Ground): $6.85
Total: $49.77

Yeah, I splurged on shipping. I better get a tracking number for that $6 though. >_<

Both these sets come out July 25th, so it worked out perfect. This is still a couple dollars cheaper than DDD, and i got a better shipping option, so I'm happy.

But...I just thought about this, but when does DVDEmpire charge your credit card for preorders? Not until they actually ship them, right?

[quote name='11440']Even if you think that Google has nefarious motives, does it really matter whether you submit your information to Google Checkout? We're all already exposed to enormous risks of identity theft and invasions of privacy. A little more exposure won't make much difference.[/quote]
People shouldn't worry about the potential privacy threats from Google, but from the numerous data brokers who sometimes get information by illegal means (e.g. when they want to get record of your cell phone calls, they pose as you).

There're many databases that have all sorts of information on you (even SSNs and bank records). Did you see a hearing a little while ago on data brokers who are providing government agencies with these information? By law, gov't can't collect certain info, but they get around it by buying data from the brokers.

Back on topic -- I got Sudoku Gridmaster from CD Universe for $9 (after $10 coupon and $5 Citi credit). Also got Rub Rabbits from DVD Empire for $22 shipped.

bread's done
Back