$10 off $20 w/ Google Checkout

outsider

CAGiversary!
http://www.google.com/buy/m.html

Signup w/ Google's new checkout (its a kind of PayPal checkout service) and get $10 off $20 at selected stores!

DVD Empire & CD Universe is included... someone might be able to find something! I used it for some HD-DVD's!

Enjoy!

**EDIT 7/2/06 **

They added a couple of new stores... "BestPrices.Com" also sells games/dvds/cds etc... check the google page again.

This deal was awesome at both CdUniverse where i got 1600 marketplace points for 16 bux and at Dvd Empire where i got the first 2 seasons of Red Vs Blue and another cheap dvd for only 32 bux sweet deals people sweet deals, Keep em comin

How reliable are cduniverse pre-orders? I went ahead and ordered Tales of the Abyss. My card has been charged, despite the fact it won't be released till Oct.

CDuniverse: Micro Machines V4 - PS2
BestPrices: Sudoku Gridmaster - DS
DVDempire: Micro Machines V4 - PSP
---ON ORDER: Ships When Stock Arrives, I got it to work anyways, sneakily, I just wonder if it'll actually go thru

[quote name='OldKai']CDuniverse: Micro Machines V4 - PS2
BestPrices: Sudoku Gridmaster - DS
DVDempire: Micro Machines V4 - PSP
---ON ORDER: Ships When Stock Arrives, I got it to work anyways, sneakily, I just wonder if it'll actually go thru[/quote]

Hey how much did BestPrices charge for shipping?

fuck. I just received my FMA Vol. 10 /w tin and it's already damaged before shipping. It's badly crushed! fuck them!

I just sent them an email. Hopefully they will pay for the return shipping and replace it soon.

Coupon Code (1167311) is not valid.
when i try to check out at googlel check out????
i was wrong the first time, i need to put the coupon after click on gooel check out.

[quote name='nicz888']Coupon Code (1167311) is not valid.
when i try to check out at googlel check out????
i was wrong the first time, i need to put the coupon after click on gooel check out.[/QUOTE]

DVD Empire and eCost codes have already expired.

[edit] Seems I got some bad info from another forum. DVDEmpire's coupon reported still worked as of this morning (7/11)

Shady or not, I like 10 free dollars. Still, there must be something more to this than we realize. I received my confirmation from best prices. I sure do hope they don't mess up my Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel up!

How long did it take? Did you make an account with them before you did the google checkout? I didn't because I figured I didn't have to, but now i'm wondering....

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Your phone number.

I dunno...something about this all seems kinda shady. I mean what does google have to gain by giving us all $10?[/QUOTE]

Google is trying to promote their new product.

anyone else get charged extra?

i orded ace combat 5 from bestprices 3 days ago and now i have
3 pending transactions, all from google.

wtf.jpg

I should have just been charged the 1 $13.74 one. This is probably only me, but everyone should check their accounts to make sure.

*they are also slow as hell. i ordered 3 days ago and just received an email today saying they shipped it and to expect 5-10 business days...*

UPDATE: The first 2 transactions were cleared and only the last $13.74 remains. It fixed itself.

[quote name='Thunderscope']Screw DVD's im getting a $20 starbucks card for $10 AHHH COFFEE AHHH[/QUOTE]

Where do you see the gift card? I tried finding it on the Starbucks Coffee site, but I can't find it.

Google isn't giving anybody 10 dollars, it's just that the sotes are giving us 10 dollar discounts.

Why? Google probably charges fee from the stores, same as paypal or any CC company. Google probably offered a discounted price in exchange for the 10 dollar discount.

As for the phone number, some stores required the phone number on file to confirm you identity, google probably does also.

It seems as if none of my items were in-stock when I ordered them. One shipped yesterday, one shipped today, and I still have one in waiting.

I order a backorder MS points cause nothing else worth it to me so will see if it goes through or not. I used my CITI card so suppost to get an extra 5.00 off besides the 10.00.

[quote name='sleepy180']anyone else get charged extra?

i orded ace combat 5 from bestprices 3 days ago and now i have
3 pending transactions, all from google.

wtf.jpg

I should have just been charged the 1 $13.74 one. This is probably only me, but everyone should check their accounts to make sure.

*they are also slow as hell. i ordered 3 days ago and just received an email today saying they shipped it and to expect 5-10 business days...*[/QUOTE]
I had that same problem and emailed Google Checkout. They told me that's routine, and an effect between Google Checkout and their billing system. Only one charge will actually be taken out, and your account will drop the other charges.

That happened to me as well. I received my DVD from CD Universe about a week ago. They were slow to process the order, but it arrived soon after I got the shipping confirmation.

Well over a week, nothing changing on Google since order was submitted, e-mailed at least 2 days ago for status and nothing.

I ordered that cheap CD mentioned elsewhere in the thread, perhaps they are holding on to the whole order until that is out?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I had that same problem and emailed Google Checkout. They told me that's routine, and an effect between Google Checkout and their billing system. Only one charge will actually be taken out, and your account will drop the other charges.[/QUOTE]

The moral of the story is, don't use check cards. When you order something, even preorders, companies authorize a charge to your account first before actually processing the order to ensure you have enough. This is the same with any normal credit card or a check card. Unfortunately, with a check card, it's your cash, so those "double charges". Authorizations drop off after a few days, and then you get your credit or cash back.

[quote name='starman9000']Has anyone made an order from Ubid? I just get an error message when i click on the google checkout button.[/quote]

While I did not buy from there, I was able to get top the google check out page when I was condidering buying something. However, this was a few days ago.

[quote name='turls']Well over a week, nothing changing on Google since order was submitted, e-mailed at least 2 days ago for status and nothing.

I ordered that cheap CD mentioned elsewhere in the thread, perhaps they are holding on to the whole order until that is out?[/QUOTE]
EDIT: I was mistaken. I thought it was in the shipping process-- it was in the "processing" process.

A couple of posters have mentioned that they've e-mailed Google Checkout customer support. Doesn't Checkout provide customer support over the phone? If Google is holding itself out as a payment intermediary, the least it should do is offer telephone support. Even the much-maligned Paypal lets you call.

[quote name='misbitski']The moral of the story is, don't use check cards. When you order something, even preorders, companies authorize a charge to your account first before actually processing the order to ensure you have enough. This is the same with any normal credit card or a check card. Unfortunately, with a check card, it's your cash, so those "double charges". Authorizations drop off after a few days, and then you get your credit or cash back.[/QUOTE]
That's not how it works. Holds are converted to charges or are released/drop off. There are no double charges or extra holds unless specifically made by the merchant.

So is the coupon expired for DVDEmpire? I'm trying to get Prey LE.
CDUniverse has it too high at $75. RitzCameras (and its variants) have insane shipping prices, and I just think BestPrices seems like trouble.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'm thinking bestprices is on the level. I think people here have gotten their stuff from them already...but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

They seem fine to me. I got my game about a week after ordering it with no problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbitski
The moral of the story is, don't use check cards. When you order something, even preorders, companies authorize a charge to your account first before actually processing the order to ensure you have enough. This is the same with any normal credit card or a check card. Unfortunately, with a check card, it's your cash, so those "double charges". Authorizations drop off after a few days, and then you get your credit or cash back.

[quote name='Damian']That's not how it works. Holds are converted to charges or are released/drop off. There are no double charges or extra holds unless specifically made by the merchant.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat and I don't freakin' like it. A couple of weeks ago I placed three orders: one with DVD Empire, one with CD Universe, one with Ritz (price mistake that was cancelled). The two charges went through, but the duplicate authorizations (for all 3 orders) are still on my credit card (two - 10 days, one - 13 days later). My credit card company can't do anything with this charges. Of course, it affects my credit limit, etc. What's worse, I ordered a kit from WeaKnees for almost $200, this means Google is going to tie up another $200 of my line. Let me explain why this is messed up.

Google's system is completely screwed up. As I person who's worked with merchant accounts, I'll explain this in detail:

-- When you place an order, a merchant authorizes the card (checks for enough funds), but they usually can't charge the sale until the item ships. This is the 1st pending charge you see (or your credit card company sees). This also reduces your available credit

-- When the order ships, merchant can charge your card. Usually, they do it by converting the authorization into a sale (charge) or , at worst, removing authorization and charging you immediately for the full amount. So, your available credit isn't affected.

-- IMPORTANT: what Google Checkout seems to do is to keep the authorization and put another charge through. This means that if your credit limit was, say, $1000 and you bought something for $200, now your available credit is only $600 (instead of $800).

Now, it'd not be very bad if those authorizations dropped quickly, but as I mentioned earlier, I have two authorizations that've been there for 10 days and one that's been there 13 days. And I'm using Citi, the bank that Google's got a deal with for $5 credit.

I've emailed Google but got nothing more than a stock response that didn't help at all (they haven't responded to my 2nd email yet). Citi can't do anything with those authorizations and they can be there up to 30 days before they're dropped automatically.

I like Google, but I also sell on eBay (was a PS for awhile) so I worked with Paypal. Never really had a problem that couldn't be resolved with Paypal either. If something goes wrong, I have a few phone numbers I could call (low to zero hold times).

P.S. To give me even more headache, someone (either Google or WeaKnees) transposed the billing and shipping addresses. Grr...

[quote name='starman9000']Has anyone made an order from Ubid? I just get an error message when i click on the google checkout button.[/QUOTE]
I made a purchase through Ubid, didn't have any trouble.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']I made a purchase through Ubid, didn't have any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it worked for me later in the day. I don't know what the deal was. I tried in different browsers and everything.

bread's done
Back