$10 off $20 w/ Google Checkout

outsider

CAGiversary!
http://www.google.com/buy/m.html

Signup w/ Google's new checkout (its a kind of PayPal checkout service) and get $10 off $20 at selected stores!

DVD Empire & CD Universe is included... someone might be able to find something! I used it for some HD-DVD's!

Enjoy!

**EDIT 7/2/06 **

They added a couple of new stores... "BestPrices.Com" also sells games/dvds/cds etc... check the google page again.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also, for anyone interested in a fairly good deal, you can get any game 19.99 from DVD Empire shipped for free. Each game would wind up costing about 11.69-- search for a CD called "Christmas Parable" and add two in your cart. They cost .85 cents a piece. When you buy three items, you become elligible for free shipping.
Not a bad deal. Picked up Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.
Their search sucks. So here's a link. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364856876902&item_id=1147932&searchID=[/quote]

Ok, I know a lot of CAGs used this deal. I don't like the fact that my order is completely in limbo here when others say they got their orders shipped long ago from DVD Empire.

Did any CAGs using this deal get their orders shipped yet?

[quote name='Rusdude']-- IMPORTANT: what Google Checkout seems to do is to keep the authorization and put another charge through. This means that if your credit limit was, say, $1000 and you bought something for $200, now your available credit is only $600 (instead of $800).
[/quote]

Ok, blame this on your bank. When these pre-authorizations and charges go through, they don't always match up completely. Some systems are very smart about matching up pre-authorizations, even if the amounts or other information doesn't match exactly. I know that FiServ's network claims over 90% matches. The amount is one of the last things their software checks. Obviously, in this case the transactions aren't matching up. I don't know the specifics of why a pre-authorization would hang out there so long, but that doesn't sound right. Those should fall off after a few days at most.

[quote name='turls']Ok, I know a lot of CAGs used this deal. I don't like the fact that my order is completely in limbo here when others say they got their orders shipped long ago from DVD Empire.

Did any CAGs using this deal get their orders shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Mine came very quickly.

I haven't received anything from DvdEmpire yet either. I ordered on 6/29. I already e-mailed them and plan to call them unless them e-mail me back.

[quote name='databuild']I haven't received anything from DvdEmpire yet either. I ordered on 6/29. I already e-mailed them and plan to call them unless them e-mail me back.[/quote]
Yup, ordered from them on the 29th and nothing yet. I got charged 10 days ago (not just a hold, a charge!) and it hasn't shipped yet.

CDUniverse and BestPrices gave me good service, though.

[quote name='eastx']Turls, Rusq is correct. Google charges in a foolish, unusual way.[/quote]

Uhh, the point here is the merchant isn't in control of when the authorization drops. The bank is. There is no "convert the authorization to a charge". They are seperate transactions, plain and simple. Even if Google is saying this is a 90 day pre-authorization, if the transactions match up the pre-auth should drop. The bank's software is what is in charge of doing that, Google has nothing to do with it.

[quote name='starman9000']Mine came very quickly.[/quote]

I mean the deal where you got free shipping by adding the 2 Christmas CDs that weren't in stock. Is this what you did?

[quote name='turls']I mean the deal where you got free shipping by adding the 2 Christmas CDs that weren't in stock. Is this what you did?[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. No I didn't, I thought you just meant the 10$ off coupon.

[quote name='turls']Uhh, the point here is the merchant isn't in control of when the authorization drops. The bank is. There is no "convert the authorization to a charge". They are seperate transactions, plain and simple. Even if Google is saying this is a 90 day pre-authorization, if the transactions match up the pre-auth should drop. The bank's software is what is in charge of doing that, Google has nothing to do with it.[/quote]

My experience with Paypal begs to differ about dropping authorization and, as I mentioned, Citi denies they can do anything to the authorization (although, I'll pursue it further with them).

Secondly, there IS "convert authorization to charge" function I just didn't use the proper term. It's referred to as "capturing [authorized] funds":

Auth is the first part of a two-step settlement solution primarily used by large merchants who require greater flexibility in obtaining payments from their buyers. The first step, authorization, sends a request to verify that the credit card has sufficient funds. If sufficient funds are available, the second step is to manually capture the funds. This process allows you to modify the order amount to reflect changes that occur after the initial order is placed, such as taxes, shipping, or item availability. Use this option if you wish to initiate the transaction now but collect the payment a later time.

[quote name='Rusdude']My experience with Paypal begs to differ about dropping authorization and, as I mentioned, Citi denies they can do anything to the authorization (although, I'll pursue it further with them).

Secondly, there IS "convert authorization to charge" function I just didn't use the proper term. It's referred to as "capturing [authorized] funds":

Auth is the first part of a two-step settlement solution primarily used by large merchants who require greater flexibility in obtaining payments from their buyers. The first step, authorization, sends a request to verify that the credit card has sufficient funds. If sufficient funds are available, the second step is to manually capture the funds. This process allows you to modify the order amount to reflect changes that occur after the initial order is placed, such as taxes, shipping, or item availability. Use this option if you wish to initiate the transaction now but collect the payment a later time.

[/quote]

Where are you getting this from? And what does this have to do with how the bank matches up the pre-auth and the settlement? I'm saying behind the scenes on the banks' systems the pre-authorization and the settlement are 2 different transactions. It is up to the bank software to match them up, the merchant has no control over that. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, I work with this stuff all the time.

[quote name='turls']Where are you getting this from? And what does this have to do with how the bank matches up the pre-auth and the settlement? I'm saying behind the scenes on the banks' systems the pre-authorization and the settlement are 2 different transactions. It is up to the bank software to match them up, the merchant has no control over that. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, I work with this stuff all the time.[/quote]

This is from Paypal Virtual Terminal manual (didn't have my merchant account manual from WF handy). And I'm not arguing with you about bank matching the transactions as I don't know how the banks work. But I do know this from a merchant perspective and -- since you made a comment to the contrary -- I wanted to show you that there's a two-step process. :roll:

[quote name='Rusdude']This is from Paypal Virtual Terminal manual (didn't have my merchant account manual from WF handy). And I'm not arguing with you about bank matching the transactions as I don't know how the banks work. But I do know this from a merchant perspective and -- since you made a comment to the contrary -- I wanted to show you that there's a two-step process. :roll:[/quote]

Well if you took it that way you misunderstood me. I know it is a two step process. The blame continues to be put on merchants in this thread, and the bottom line is they don't control it.

[quote name='dongle']Yup, ordered from them on the 29th and nothing yet. I got charged 10 days ago (not just a hold, a charge!) and it hasn't shipped yet.

CDUniverse and BestPrices gave me good service, though.[/QUOTE]

Well I got an e-mail back from dvdempire that they are giving my a refund for my order because my item was not in stock. What I don't like is that they didn't give me a refund until I contacted them...

Both DVD Empire and CD Universe are no longer in the store listing that participates in the $10 off $20 deal. CD Universe is not even listed in the google checkout site any more.

BestPrices still shows up under $10 off $20 stores, but the code no longer works. Tried getting Puzzle Collection (PSP) for 14.

Reason: "Coupon 'CPerfect10' is expired"

I called DVDEmpire to inquire about my June 29 order and they sort of gave some excuses "oh hmmm google checkout.... out of stock... etc" and refunded my money. Disappointing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Still haven't gotten Katamari from bestprices. Will keep you updated.[/QUOTE]
I ordered Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll from bestprices on Jun 30th and I just got it yesterday.

[quote name='dongle']I called DVDEmpire to inquire about my June 29 order and they sort of gave some excuses "oh hmmm google checkout.... out of stock... etc" and refunded my money. Disappointing.[/quote]
Did you order those two unreleased cd's to get free shipping also?

I ordered on the 7th and still haven't heard back anything yet. I haven't been charged but wondering if I should just go ahead and cancel the order.

[quote name='eau']CD Universe is not even listed in the google checkout site any more.[/QUOTE]
I ran through a checkout w/ CD Universe, and it went all the way into Google's system, so they're still an approved store.

The main Google Checkout page lists those stores as "Other recently added stores", so they may have just rotated CD Universe off the list.

If there IS a problem w/ CD Universe, I want to hear about it. I've got Cooking Mama preordered through them.

I'm getting my Cduniverse Xbox 360 Points finally shipped today I was never in a rush for it cause I have already , but still nice to know after 2 weeks finally got it in.

[quote name='grendel19']Did you order those two unreleased cd's to get free shipping also?[/quote]

No, I didn't do that trick because I thought it might lead to my order getting infinitely delayedor cancelled.... but it got delayed and cancelled anyway. I lose.

[quote name='emperordahc']I ran through a checkout w/ CD Universe, and it went all the way into Google's system, so they're still an approved store.

The main Google Checkout page lists those stores as "Other recently added stores", so they may have just rotated CD Universe off the list.

If there IS a problem w/ CD Universe, I want to hear about it. I've got Cooking Mama preordered through them.[/quote]
Did you get the $10 discount applied correctly on your order?

[quote name='dongle']I called DVDEmpire to inquire about my June 29 order and they sort of gave some excuses "oh hmmm google checkout.... out of stock... etc" and refunded my money. Disappointing.[/quote]

That is B.S. I'm not wasting any more time on the phone with them more than the time they've already wasted. My item should have been in stock and if not it was a PS2 GH and they should be able to get more.

"Oh, we were too stupid to realize how popular this would be. We'll just hold onto all that money for free and wait until they bug us to give it back. We'll also ignore anything except phone calls".

Where is Google in all of this? They should not be allowing this to happen. I opened up a dispute with them but I figure my money is just sitting somewhere for no reason for the last 3 weeks.

EDIT: Looks like they didn't charge me, but still, I should have gotten some communication by now.

[quote name='emperordahc']I ran through a checkout w/ CD Universe, and it went all the way into Google's system, so they're still an approved store.

If there IS a problem w/ CD Universe, I want to hear about it. I've got Cooking Mama preordered through them.[/quote]

What's the code for CD Universe?

[SIZE=-1]GBUY10.

I think I have a problem ... I ordered Tales of the Abyss without the coupon at first, then I ordered it with the coupon. CD Universe says to cancel an order by logging in, but with Google checkout, I don't have one. I did the cancel thing. Will it work? I'm afraid it won't be sent to a real person. Can anyone confirm that the requesting a cancellation for CD Universe works?
[/SIZE]

[quote name='starman9000']http://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=sierra&signupAgent=citibonus\

Use this to get an additional 5$ back if you have a Citi Card or 1000 thank you points. (taken from DVDtalk)

also, if you dont want dvds, you can get 1600 marketplace points for 12$ after the discount. (also from dvdtalk)[/quote]

I filled out the form from the link, but received no notice that I had the $5 taken off. Anyone else having that problem? And it is a Citi credit card.

I feel really bad guys. I'm sorry for unleasing the terror that was the free shipping at DVD Empire scam. I wish I never found Christmas Parables.
I still haven't gotten my order. I told DVD Empire I wanted Christmas Parable to be removed for my order so that my Fire Emblem would ship. They told me to contact Google Checkout, that they had no way to change anything. I contacted Google Checkout, and they said they had no way to change anything and to contact DVD Empire.
I just want my 10 dollar copy of Fire Emblem. I'll pay the 2.99 shipping, I will, I will!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I feel really bad guys. I'm sorry for unleasing the terror that was the free shipping at DVD Empire scam. I wish I never found Christmas Parables.
I still haven't gotten my order. I told DVD Empire I wanted Christmas Parable to be removed for my order so that my Fire Emblem would ship. They told me to contact Google Checkout, that they had no way to change anything. I contacted Google Checkout, and they said they had no way to change anything and to contact DVD Empire.
I just want my 10 dollar copy of Fire Emblem. I'll pay the 2.99 shipping, I will, I will![/quote]

I wasn't going to do it without that so don't feel bad. Also there was somebody else on here that got cancelled anyway without even doing that. Like I said they just got in over their heads and they think they can pull this stuff to get out of it.

Besides, without those cd's, a $19.99 game wouldn't have qualified for the coupon anyway.

As long as I'm not charged, I'll probably just leave this order hanging open. Maybe one day they'll ship it. I ordered Jade Empire, for $10 would have been great, but if it doesn't come through, no biggie.

my stupid package is still in that location. still didnt move. ordered from BestPrices. they shipped it long time ago but it didnt go anywhere.

i ordered nba live 06 for psp at cduniverse about 2 wks ago and when my game came it turned out to be ncaa 07 for psp. good deal? i dunno

[quote name='eau']Did you get the $10 discount applied correctly on your order?[/QUOTE]
I was just checking that CD Universe is still part of the Google system. It is. However, the $10 off no longer applies, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='grendel19']Besides, without those cd's, a $19.99 game wouldn't have qualified for the coupon anyway.

As long as I'm not charged, I'll probably just leave this order hanging open. Maybe one day they'll ship it. I ordered Jade Empire, for $10 would have been great, but if it doesn't come through, no biggie.[/quote]

I'd tend to agree with you, except for a $19.99 GH game, there will be plenty of opportunities to get it cheap between now and whenever it ships, and I don't want to leave an order open indefintely on an item I will potentially get elsewhere. They've already shown me they have terrible customer service (not responding to e-mail or following up on the order in any way shape or form) so it is probably one of these things where they will cancel if you don't want them to and if you want them to cancel it will be a PITA. I can see it showing up after I finally pull the trigger somewhere else.

[quote name='Max Spider X']CDUniverse did not provide me with a field to enter the GBUY10 code; and BestPrices's CPerfect10 has expired.[/quote]
You're supposed to checkout using the google checkout button, which will bring you to a google's own checkout page in which you get to enter the coupon code.

Awesome deal at CDUniverse:

1 6846075 - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones $21.25
Shipping & Handling Standard ($2.99) : $2.99

$10 Coupon Redeemed! :
Add another - Remove -$10.00
Tax (CA) : $0.00

Total: $14.24

Plus, I'll get a $5 credit for using a CITI card, which means I got the game for $9.24 shipped!

Just tried to get phoenix wright at cduniverse with the $10 off coupon for goole checkout. After entering the coupon code, it says that the code has expired. It's officially dead.

bread's done
Back