$10 off $50 / $20 off $100 Gaming Orders on Amazon with Bill Me Later

Master Shake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
[img-l=1]1696[/img-l]Use coupon code BMLGAMES to save $10 off a $50 gaming purchase and $20 off $100. Offer is good in other Amazon departments too. Find all the details (and other coupon codes) here. Works on pre-orders and systems. Ends August 31st.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']I preordered Luminous Arc 2 and Eternal Poison. Amazon doesn't charge until the order ships; I can't imagine this would be different just because the payment method is Bill Me Later instead of a credit card. If anything shows up in my BML account prior to shipment, I'll post.[/quote]

I'll post an update too, but yeah, Amazon shouldn't charge till shipped... so ....

Sept, Nov, Dec... games will be mine on day 1. And with them spread out like that... the charge won't be that much.

Nice!

Do you get charged in full if you preorder multiple items that ship on different days and can you cancel them after the first item ships?

[quote name='Hostile']Do you get charged in full if you preorder multiple items that ship on different days and can you cancel them after the first item ships?[/quote]

You get charged separately for the items as long as you chose to ship as soon as the items become available. Canceling when there is a promotion like this involved is something I haven't done so I can not comment on that personally.

would someone order me a pokemans DS and I could send them a cashiers check / money order (cash if local) or paypalz

The BML wont work for me :cry:

[quote name='sickle']I want to pre-order GH4 bundle for $189?
Have anyone tried the BML on this pre-order?
When will they bill me, this month or in October?

Thanks[/quote]

I just (finally!) got it to work on the GH4 bundle. Looks like they don't charge until the game ships.

Anyone know a way to tell if you've already done bill me later? I swear I did years ago on something, but aren't sure. I assume it won't affect a credit score to do it more than once, just the first time?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone know a way to tell if you've already done bill me later? I swear I did years ago on something, but aren't sure. I assume it won't affect a credit score to do it more than once, just the first time?[/quote]

If you set up an account online, it will show ALL of your previous purchases.... I assume you could make one now and have them look it up.

May only show you where and how much though....

[quote name='xycury']If you set up an account online, it will show ALL of your previous purchases.... I assume you could make one now and have them look it up.

May only show you where and how much though....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, actually never thought to just google the bill me later website (thought it was just a special through Amazon, didn't know it was a separate site). Doesn't look like they have info on me, so I guess I didn't do it before after all.

Thanks for the help!

Stupid question but is there a catch when using Bill Me Later?

I'm only 16 but I do have a debt card. Will I be able to pay with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they check your credit score every time when you choose BML as your method of payment?
or just when you open up a new account?

TIA

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Guess I'll pass then, because I want to apply for a mortgage in five-seven years when I decide to get a house.[/quote]I doubt this will be factored in at all in 5-7 years.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Guess I'll pass then, because I want to apply for a mortgage in five-seven years when I decide to get a house.[/quote]

This is completely ridiculous.

First of all, you can still "apply" for a mortgage whether or not you have good credit. It's the matter of getting the mortgage that is the issue, and BML is not going to have a huge impact on you getting another line of credit--especially if you pay the thing off immediately and never use it again.

So I just tried to place preorders for all the games I want to buy through year end. Ordered NHL 09 solo, Brothers in Arms and Star Wars: The Force unleashed together, Fable 2 solo and then went to order Gears of War 2 and I'm getting an error message:

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='Homer X']So I just tried to place preorders for all the games I want to buy through year end. Ordered NHL 09 solo, Brothers in Arms and Star Wars: The Force unleashed together, Fable 2 solo and then went to order Gears of War 2 and I'm getting an error message:

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

Anyone else have this issue?[/quote]This should help.[quote name='D. Monic']Here's a tip for those having trouble getting this to work. When you go to the "Select Payment Type" screen to select BML, don't enter the promo code on that screen. Just choose BML, enter the required info, and then click Continue to move on to the Order summary screen. On the Order Summary screen, enter the promo code in the blank on the right side of the screen. Worked like a charm. Used it to get the Pokemon DS Lite.

For some reason, whenever I entered the code on the Select Payment Type screen, I received a "This promotion cannot be applied to this order" message. So I just chose BML, clicked Continue, and entered the code on the Order Summary screen. Viola! It worked!

Give it a shot if you're having trouble.[/quote]

[quote name='Master Shake']This should help.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but that's how I placed all my orders the first go around. I even tried to enter it on the previous screen but that did not work either. I wonder if it may be a credit issue since I already ordered $200 in games.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Guess I'll pass then, because I want to apply for a mortgage in five-seven years when I decide to get a house.[/quote]
I seriuosly hope this was a joke and you just forgot to put a :D at the end.

People act like Bill Me Later is like taking out a $500,000 mortgage. It's a little $50-$100 line of credit - not a big deal at all. However if you cannot afford to pay of a $50-$100 line of credit, you probably should not be buying video games.

I think we have let a little bit too much paranoia take over this thread. If you use the Bill Me Later feature on Amazon or any other line of credit responsibly you will not have any problems with your credit in the future. By Responsibly I mean:

1. Pay your balance off in full prior to the due date.
2. Don't overdraw your credit limit on the card/account
3. Monitor your credit every year using the governments free credit report that I posted a couple pages back
4. Don't go overboard with credit cards, etc. It is fine to have 3 or 4 (or more) open accounts as long as you use them responsibly (see #1 & 2).

At some point you will need to have a credit history for some type of large loan (car/mortgage), so establishing good credit now is always a good idea. Look at it from the lenders point of view. Would you rather lend money to someone who has never borrowed anything in the past and has no quality references that will vouch for them or would you lend to someone who has a clean credit history that shows 3 or 4 accounts that are drawn against frequently but always paid in full on time? :whistle2:k

Man, we could have had that nice house but I had to get that that pokemon ds 5 years ago. DAMN YOU CAG! Now I'm in a van down by the river.

I can just imagine the scene... *harp sound*

The year is 2015. You and your wife are smiling as you sign the mortgage papers. The loan officer shakes your hand, hands you a bottle of champagne, and says, "Congratulations! You're now a homeowner!"

But wait... his smile suddenly drops as he notices a single line on a piece of paper on his desk. "Hold on a minute, I may have missed something on your credit report," he says tentatively, his brow furrowing... "Did you make a $50 purchase back in 2008 using a service called 'Bill Me Later'?"

"Yes, but I paid that bill years ago," you stammer.

"Oh, I'm truly sorry, but there's been a terrible mistake. We can't accept any borrowers who have used Bill Me Later. It's against our policy."

"But... I've never been late on a bill! I've kept ahead on my student loans and never carried a balance on my credit cards. How can this happen?"

"Sorry, that's just the way it is. This transaction will be a permanent stain on your credit rating for all time. There is no escape. You will never own a home." *yanks back champagne bottle*

:) Seriously, great post GLOCKGLOCK.

[quote name='Serpentor']If you used once, the BMLGAMES code, then you can't use it again... Apparently they fixed the loophole.[/quote]

Nope never used it before.

[quote name='Master Shake']Money order and savings or checking account.[/quote]

Would they accept a checking account from a 16-year old?

[quote name='david12795']Would they accept a checking account from a 16-year old?[/quote]I would think so as long as they approve your credit.

[quote name='Master Shake']I would think so as long as they approve your credit.[/quote]

What do you mean by approving credit? You mean like a limit?

[quote name='david12795']What do you mean by approving credit? You mean like a limit?[/QUOTE]

They are not just going to ship you a game in the hopes that you pay them later. They will determine your credit worthiness based on your financial history and earnings just like they would for a credit card. If youhave good credit they'll extend an offer, if not you will get rejected.

[quote name='Homer X']They are not just going to ship you a game in the hopes that you pay them later. They will determine your credit worthiness based on your financial history and earnings just like they would for a credit card. If youhave good credit they'll extend an offer, if not you will get rejected.[/quote]

Oh i see. Well im not allowed to use BML as a 16 year old anyway. but im going to ask my dad to sign up and he's never had any financial problems or credit card issues. So i guess im good to go. :lol:

[quote name='rick3000gto']omgosh i got the lancer in my gold box and i was thinking about using bill me later to get an extra $20 off.[/quote]

How much was it discounted in the Gold Box?

hey so is this bill me later thing a pain in the ass? do you have to sign up for it and set up an account? or is it the same as a regular order but they just literaly send you a bill later and you pay it like normal?

which makes me wonder if so, how amazon benefits from doing that.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Cool, thanks for posting that, gonna send in for a price match.[/quote]I'm guessing that this was a Quick Pick discount: 5% discounts that are offered to specific customers based on their personal recommendations. You can't get the discount or price match for it unless it was offered to you personally.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm guessing that this was a Quick Pick discount: 5% discounts that are offered to specific customers based on their personal recommendations. You can't price match for it unless it was offered to you personally.[/quote]

That's what i thought... unless Glock has another trick? $8 is not bad, i don't mind the saving at all.

[quote name='spincut']hey so is this bill me later thing a pain in the ass? do you have to sign up for it and set up an account? or is it the same as a regular order but they just literaly send you a bill later and you pay it like normal?

which makes me wonder if so, how amazon benefits from doing that.[/quote]

Simple, more people buy stuffs with "future" money. The mentality is that, you can't afford it now, but you can with the next paycheck :)

[quote name='Serpentor']Simple, more people buy stuffs with "future" money. The mentality is that, you can't afford it now, but you can with the next paycheck :)[/quote]BML's fees are also lower than merchant fees for a conventional credit card. CNET article

[quote name='Serpentor']That's what i thought... unless Glock has another trick? $8 is not bad, i don't mind the saving at all.[/quote]Persona 3: FES showed up in my Quick Picks a few days after I purchased it. I was able to price match for the $1.50 discount, but it made me wonder whether the CSR actually had any way to check my Quick Picks, or if he was just taking my word for it...

[quote name='spincut']hey so is this bill me later thing a pain in the ass? do you have to sign up for it and set up an account? or is it the same as a regular order but they just literaly send you a bill later and you pay it like normal?

which makes me wonder if so, how amazon benefits from doing that.[/quote]

No it takes 30 seconds to sign up. You just enter the last 4 digits of your SSN, your name and address. The company Bill Me Later pays amazon for you and they bill you for it. It is just like opening a credit card. Bill me later will send you a bill, you pay it on time and you never have to use them again.

Amazon benefits by accepting another form of payment. Bill Me Later is the company who actually is providing the $10/$20 discounts. I'm sure they are trying to get more customers, so offering sweet discounts at the largest online retailer is a good strategy.

[quote name='Serpentor']how do you do that?[/quote]

Brought up my order history & sent an email that the Lancer I ordered is showing up in my Gold Box for $132.99.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Persona 3: FES showed up in my Quick Picks a few days after I purchased it. I was able to price match for the $1.50 discount, but it made me wonder whether the CSR actually had any way to check my Quick Picks, or if he was just taking my word for it...[/quote]

Yeah, i think that's the trick... If the CSR can actually confirm that, then you'll get the credit back for sure, if not, oh well...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm guessing that this was a Quick Pick discount: 5% discounts that are offered to specific customers based on their personal recommendations. You can't get the discount or price match for it unless it was offered to you personally.[/quote]

[quote name='Serpentor']That's what i thought... unless Glock has another trick? $8 is not bad, i don't mind the saving at all.[/quote]

Yea, you might be right that you aren't supposed to get it unless it was in your personal gold box, but when I ordered RB bundle last year it showed up in other people's gold boxes and I sent in for the PM and they gave it to me. So I figure it it worth a try. What is the worst thing they can do, tell me no? The email took 30 seconds to write so I figured it was a good investment! :lol:

bread's done
Back