10$ off Alone in the Dark (360) + shirt and soundtrack at EB/GameStop

I've got to wait until Octoberish for the PS3 version, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how the game reviews on the 360).

Gamestop.com still lists the game at the $59.99 price. My guess is that the $10 they are referring to is the $10 that you have to put down on the game in order to reserve it.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've got to wait until Octoberish for the PS3 version, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how the game reviews on the 360).

Gamestop.com still lists the game at the $59.99 price. My guess is that the $10 they are referring to is the $10 that you have to put down on the game in order to reserve it.[/QUOTE]

That would certainly fall under the "deceitful advertising" category if they tell you your $10 off is the ten you're actually paying.:bs:

no I saw the memo for this today its $10.00 off making the game $49.99. It only works if you reserve it. This is similar to the Mass Effect PC deal they have right now when you reserve it.

i have a feeling this won't satisfy me as much as the first did for the pc.
the genre's been used and abused, so i hope they were aware and came up with something new

I've been watching the 'real world rules' videos of this one and am pretty impressed. At $50 and during a seemingly slow month, I may have to bite.

I pre-ordered this on the night I picked up GTA4.

Will I automatically get the $10 off? More importantly, will I automatically get the free t-shirt and CD?

I can call and ask, but I know there's a few GS employees that post here...

[quote name='bmachine']I pre-ordered this on the night I picked up GTA4.

Will I automatically get the $10 off? More importantly, will I automatically get the free t-shirt and CD?

I can call and ask, but I know there's a few GS employees that post here...[/quote]I am wondering this as well...I'm lazy, and don't want to sound like a doofus trying to verify this.

I mean, I have been eagerly waiting for this...now you're telling me I can get $10 off, a t-shirt, and a soundtrack...for just proclaiming my desire of the game early?

Sounds too good to be true :cool:

edit: decided to call the closest GameStop, then realized they're not even open yet. D'oh!

[quote name='MightyHealthy']I am wondering this as well...I'm lazy, and don't want to sound like a doofus trying to verify this.

I mean, I have been eagerly waiting for this...now you're telling me I can get $10 off, a t-shirt, and a soundtrack...for just proclaiming my desire of the game early?

Sounds too good to be true :cool:

edit: decided to call the closest GameStop, then realized they're not even open yet. D'oh![/quote]

They probably won't get the soundtrack and t-shirt until they get the game but I don't really see why both deals won't go together. The t-shirt and cd are from the publisher and the $10 off is from gamestop.

Well I called 3 Different GS in the area and none, zippy had any idea of this deal.

So if someone else can confirm and possibly give us a code for the GS to look up I will be waiting this one out.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']game will plummet within 2-3 months...you'll see, very rare that a single player retains value...[/quote]

With the exception to the rule being RPGs. But generally, yeah, unless it is a big blockbuster.

[quote name='jlrang']If you order it online today and enter 'ALONE' as a coupon code you get free overnight shipping. It's the stopwatch deal.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/stopwatch/stopwatch.aspx

Also, folks, peek down at the Bonus Offer section here: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=65358. It specifically states "Pre-order Alone in the Dark for the Xbox 360 now and receive $10 off the regular price of $59.99 when your order is processed for shipping."[/quote]

Awesome...thanks for that. Ordered it.

Can't go wrong with $10 off, free overnight shipping, a free t-shirt, and a free soundtrack. Not to mention that it comes with (what should be) a really cool game!

I'll just move my pre-order at the store over to Haze.

[quote name='mrlokievil']They probably won't get the soundtrack and t-shirt until they get the game but I don't really see why both deals won't go together. The t-shirt and cd are from the publisher and the $10 off is from gamestop.[/quote]Point taken...with that said...[quote name='bmachine']Can't go wrong with $10 off, free overnight shipping, a free t-shirt, and a free soundtrack. Not to mention that it comes with (what should be) a really cool game![/quote]Jumped in, as well :bouncy:[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']game will plummet within 2-3 months...you'll see, very rare that a single player retains value...[/quote]I'm sure my future AITD eBay auction (featuring unopened soundtrack :lol: ) will fare well.

Of course, you have a point too...I'll fly through this game a couple times in 2-3 weeks, then it goes to the auction block. $10 off should help recoup, too!

I actually bit on this, free overnight, $10 off and cool swag? I guess thats what it takes for me to buy an Atari game :/

Yeah, I don't normally waste my time with pre-orders, and I'll still be playing GTA IV, but this is too good a deal to pass up. Hopefully the game lives up to my expectations.

In for 1... thanks, OP

in for 1! got the game for $17.65 with some credit I had to burn. thanks OP!

edit: whoa, with the $10 OFF when processing, it'll be $7.65 instead. sweet!

I have a $10 of $10+ coupon code I got for complaining about an order. Anybody interested? I
ll let it go for cheap.

Ok, I am trying to pre-order from Gamestop.com for the first time and the price is listed as 49.99 which I'm guessing is already taking into account the $10 off?

I am at the final page to put in my credit information and I have already used the ALONE code to get free overnight but it still says it's going to charge me:

$49.99 GAME
$9.99 HANDLING
$5.84 TAX

Should it not be $39.99 and why hasn't the HANDLING been removed?

It would be cheaper for me to just buy the damn game in the store instead of pre-ordering it online saving $10 and the shipping.

Thanks to anyone that helps...

[quote name='BarryC']Ok, I am trying to pre-order from Gamestop.com for the first time and the price is listed as 49.99 which I'm guessing is already taking into account the $10 off?

I am at the final page to put in my credit information and I have already used the ALONE code to get free overnight but it still says it's going to charge me:

$49.99 GAME
$9.99 HANDLING
$5.84 TAX

Should it not be $39.99 and why hasn't the HANDLING been removed?

It would be cheaper for me to just buy the damn game in the store instead of pre-ordering it online saving $10 and the shipping.

Thanks to anyone that helps...[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the Alone code only good for one day? If so it's expired which is why you're still getting charged $10 for shipping.

Ships next Tuesday!

This deal ($10 off, free t-shirt, free CD) is still available here.

The "ALONE" coupon code still works for free overnight shipping, too.

New introductory trailer was released today, as well.

Anyone get the "Alone" coupon to work? I enter it, and it accepts it. But when I go to processing there is an error saying that the coupon won't work on the items in my shopping cart. I tried both shipping options?

Well, the alone code only seems to work during specific intervals when that deal is active, no? I still want to get on the preorder too, so I am hoping it will come back over the next week.

[quote name='foxdvd']any reviews out yet?[/quote]

None that I could find, but Joystiq did an extensive "hands on" piece here.

Here's a bit of it:

This is where the real Alone in the Dark experience begins, and players will begin unraveling the mystery of the evil that lurks beneath Central Park. From what I've seen so far, I'm excited to play through more episodes of Eden's adventure game. The cinematic presentation outdid all of my expectations, and the gameplay variety was startling. With solid (and sometimes fantastic) graphics, an incredible soundtrack performed by the Grammy Award-winning vocalists "Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices," and a truly intriguing premise, Eden Studios has made a convert of me. After three hours with the game, I can only hope that the momentum found in the game's opening moments continues in the full, final game.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']This game should plummet in price........ I'll wait a month when it is $20[/quote] Same here, not even interested in the soundtrack and the shirt is butt ugly. In fact, I saw someone with it the other day while at Dorney Park, looked like a walking advertisement board.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']This game should plummet in price........ I'll wait a month when it is $20[/QUOTE]

Ditto for me. Got already a huge backlog, and this game had some mixed opinions from various websites. I was hoping North America would've gotten the LE edition of this, but seems that it's Australia only.

Anyone have a brick and mortar Gamestop match the $10 off deal online? My local store was charging $59.99 for a copy of the 360 game today.

My copy was delivered yesterday. The soundtrack is inside the case but the shirt is shipping separately (got an email from Gamestop about the tee).

Played for about 90 minutes last night before bed and I'm really enjoying it. The controls are occasionally a bit wiggy but it's nice looking and genuinely creepy.

they gave me a free alone in the dark tshirt at gamestop yesterday when i bought a bunch of ds games, said they didn't know what to do with them... now i see what they are for.

unfortunately the t-shirt size is about a woman's medium with a "one size fits all" label on it...

I didnt preorder, but I got a "soundtrack edition" that came with a 8 song CD... is this the bonus? Are all versions like this? I didnt get a shirt, though.

For the record, this game is abysmal. :(

bread's done
Back