$10 off at Gamefly Store AC for members, check your email

ighosty

CAGiversary!
Got any email today from Gamefly with a 10 dollar off coupon which is good till 11/26/07. They are calling it a thanksgiving sale. It can be compined with others discount coupons. Check your email.

[quote name='Fire ant']check the junk folder[/quote]

I did, and i looked up if there was a way to get it back, but i did not see any. Apparently if you say it is unsafe that email address is blocked and email deleted.

Also i did send them an email for another code :p

GF responded to my e-mail and credited $10 to my account. I'm glad they came through in the end. I'll be using it to keep Assassin's Creed.

Awesome, totally missed this in my email. Picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance for a dollar. Should be some fun easy points to play with my brother.

The email does nothing more than tell you they applied it to your account. Log in to the main page and look to see if it says there's a balance in GF Rewards, it should say it there. They finally responded to me and applied the coupon to my account.
Personally, I think they tried pulling a fast one over on the long time members. Hell, they always respond with some sort of response to my question, this time they just apologized for me not receiving it and applied the coupon. Sounds pretty shitty of them to me.

Never got the email. If these nice people get back to me and hook me up, I should be able to keep Mass Effect for $18.99 inc tax. Booya saving up coupons + 5% off.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']i got nba homecourt for 8 bucks ;-D[/quote]

will probably pick that up next week with my new $5 credit.

:((( I just got an email from them and the subject was about gift cards... It was about giving them, not a free $10 :( I got so excited

I had a friend that got the email but wasn't going to use the code. He gave it to me and I was able to stack it with my code plus two $5 gf dollars. Let me keep Mass Effect for $20!

well since they didn't send me COD4 or Uncharted today and there was nothing else I really wanted to buy this week (other more important purchases need to be made) so anyone lucky enough to grab this can use it

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]BFHG99THPG3WPK34[/FONT]

[quote name='buckythekat']well since they didn't send me COD4 or Uncharted today and there was nothing else I really wanted to buy this week (other more important purchases need to be made) so anyone lucky enough to grab this can use it

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]BFHG99THPG3WPK34[/FONT][/quote]

Gone!

Thanks for the coupon! I was able to get the first trauma center cheap, thanks again!

So I got a reply to my e-mail.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your inquiry. Those coupons were only sent to customers that have never purchased a game through the Gamefly site. Since you have purchased games in the past, you were not issued a coupon.

Sincerely,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

I seriously want to cancel my account now. I am being punished for buying games from them? fuck that.

Chris

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Great...I sent an email this morning, now I'm expecting the same response.[/quote]

Well, I am sending them a response right now. The $10 isn't the issue anymore. If this is how they treat a good paying customer like me, then I don't want to be their customer anymore.

Chris

For some reason I really am not mad at them. Its basically like sending out new customer coupon codes which many stores do. Its to get people to try buying games so they will buy more... I see why they only sent it to those few people, they would waste too much otherwise. I'll stop now though before I annoy people :p Just stating my opinion.

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Well, I am sending them a response right now. The $10 isn't the issue anymore. If this is how they treat a good paying customer like me, then I don't want to be their customer anymore.

Chris[/QUOTE]

That completely blows. I was comtemplating dropping them before this, and if that's the way they want to play it, I may as well say fuck them.

ya i dont care to much either i just tried. i just dont like the fact they reward the people who dont buy anything and give nothing to the people who do.

got same email sent back

well

A.... since you didnt feel like sending me a coupon
B.... Brightspot is now closed so no more discounts
C..... games take over a week getting to me

I dont think your service is worth 24 bucks per month so im cancelling my account at the end of my billing cycle. Im sure that you have upset a lot of your older customer base by not giving them the coupons and hopefully you wont lose that many people, but for me your service isnt worth it anymore.

Maybe once you get your problems fixxed (or brightspot reopens) i might come back BUT at this time good bye and good luck

[quote name='slidecage']got same email sent back

well

A.... since you didnt feel like sending me a coupon
B.... Brightspot is now closed so no more discounts
C..... games take over a week getting to me

I dont think your service is worth 24 bucks per month so im cancelling my account at the end of my billing cycle. Im sure that you have upset a lot of your older customer base by not giving them the coupons and hopefully you wont lose that many people, but for me your service isnt worth it anymore.

Maybe once you get your problems fixxed (or brightspot reopens) i might come back BUT at this time good bye and good luck[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much what I told them, but my story is worse. Get this. In September, they emailed me with an offer. Resub, and get one month free, right? 2 months for 24.99 or whatever-too good a deal to pass up, even if all I did was keep a few games at their discounted prices I came out a bit ahead. Fast forward to the end of October-and my credit card is charged for another month. After much difficult, I discover that they claim I didnt click through the correct link in the email to qualify, which is both a. untrue, and b. absurd regardless when I bring it up with them.

Considering that what they claimed was untrue (I cancelled the process twice to make sure I was using the correct link beforehand, worried about this), I asked for a free month since they charged me for october (which I didn't really want). A CSR basically said tough luck, and I could try again in a week. I tried again and am now waiting for an answer. I am due to be billed again on the 28th, so if they dont give me a free month for November I am cancelling immediately. I am only a few hundred miles from their LA distro facility, yet it takes like 4 days to get games, they NEVER send me anything on top of my list, and it takes them forever to process games when I return them.

Contrast this to a service like Netflix (well, at least until they throttle you), and its just awful.

Well I guess that explains why I didn't get the coupon. I cashed out all my credits last time I got fed up with waiting for games and got a game on the cheap. Kind of crappy that their email wouldn't just say something about being a first time buyer or something. Maybe previous buyers will get a 15 dollar credit for Christmas time or a percent credit.

[quote name='Rincewind']That is pretty much what I told them, but my story is worse. Get this. In September, they emailed me with an offer. Resub, and get one month free, right? 2 months for 24.99 or whatever-too good a deal to pass up, even if all I did was keep a few games at their discounted prices I came out a bit ahead. Fast forward to the end of October-and my credit card is charged for another month. After much difficult, I discover that they claim I didnt click through the correct link in the email to qualify, which is both a. untrue, and b. absurd regardless when I bring it up with them.

Considering that what they claimed was untrue (I cancelled the process twice to make sure I was using the correct link beforehand, worried about this), I asked for a free month since they charged me for october (which I didn't really want). A CSR basically said tough luck, and I could try again in a week. I tried again and am now waiting for an answer. I am due to be billed again on the 28th, so if they dont give me a free month for November I am cancelling immediately. I am only a few hundred miles from their LA distro facility, yet it takes like 4 days to get games, they NEVER send me anything on top of my list, and it takes them forever to process games when I return them.

Contrast this to a service like Netflix (well, at least until they throttle you), and its just awful.[/QUOTE]

LOL talking about netflix. I only got 1 movie shipped out in the last 10 days from netflix even though i have 10 movies NOW

i said i think im being throttled and the dude on the other end goes nuts screaming

THROTTLED ISNT A REAL Word.

and starts yelling into the phone. I just hung up on them and will call back later

That was a funny call

[quote name='slidecage']LOL talking about netflix. I only got 1 movie shipped out in the last 10 days from netflix even though i have 10 movies NOW

i said i think im being throttled and the dude on the other end goes nuts screaming

THROTTLED ISNT A REAL Word.

and starts yelling into the phone. I just hung up on them and will call back later

That was a funny call[/QUOTE]

Wow you need to escalate that to a supervisor immediately. The absolutely do throttle and we all know it. My question is whether its just in mailing or whether its in updating the shipping status of high demand movies. For instance, I haven't recieved a single new release blu-ray in several weeks, including Spider Man, Ratatouille, and Die Hard 4-even though they were on my list. If they do throttle the shipping further for me I will just got back to blockbuster for a little while (whose hi-def shipping is actually much much worse).

Make sure you tell his supervisor that throttle is a real word. Its a noun as well as a verb :)

[quote name='Rincewind']Wow you need to escalate that to a supervisor immediately. The absolutely do throttle and we all know it. My question is whether its just in mailing or whether its in updating the shipping status of high demand movies. For instance, I haven't recieved a single new release blu-ray in several weeks, including Spider Man, Ratatouille, and Die Hard 4-even though they were on my list. If they do throttle the shipping further for me I will just got back to blockbuster for a little while (whose hi-def shipping is actually much much worse).

Make sure you tell his supervisor that throttle is a real word. Its a noun as well as a verb :)[/QUOTE]

i doubt they will do anything this month. i called up last week and was giving a free 1 movie upgrade next month

4 at a time instead of 3 BUT If nothing ships out they could put me on a 100 out plan LOL

i plan on jumping back to blockbuster next month and trying to complain and get a few E coupons to rent free DS games HEH HEH

Wow my Q updated in netflix seems they are sending me 2 movies tomorrow

MAN THEY JUMPED MY BENDERS BIG SCORE MOVIE
and sent me

SKINWALKERS okay with that
and

MR BEANS HOLIDAY LOL I probally was the only one who had that in my Q

just got licence to wed Man that movie wasnt worth the 3 week wait LOL

Those coupons were only sent to customers that have never purchased a game through the Gamefly site

gamefly are full of it bro i have bought 10 games from them and they sent me the coupon

When are people going to realize that pissing off the long-time customers is not a good business practice? Reward the people who have stayed with you the longest, not the newbies who are planning to jump ship at the end of the month. :roll:

So has this been confirmed to be extended to December 2nd? That means I can use my Gamefly bucks (possibly), unless I cancel the service. Either that, or just wait for a better deal to come and slap me across the face.

I can't decide whether to get The BIGS or MLB 07: The Show for the PS3. What do you guys think?

One of their new customers here who got the coupon.... I'm really shocked at all the negative stuff I'm hearing about GF treating their customers here. A buddy of mine and I who signed up 3 months ago have been quite satisfied, living in Hawaii it takes about 2 days to get the game from me to them, and 2 days to get the new game from them (total 4 day turnaround). And I've gotten the game at the top of my list every time (including Ace Combat 6 and CoD4 both right when they came out).

Do GF vets have similar stories, as in they got great treatment at first but as time went on the service languished? I had really thought I had found a keeper in GF....

For some reason, it would be easy for me (my brother in Des Moines gets his in around 3 days), but living here in a college dorm, they say there may be a problem with my address as if it doesn't exist. Funny, because I get my movies from Blockbuster in two days no problem. With Gamefly, I'm seeing mine show up a week or so later (or in the case now, nothing for 10 days). It's absolutely ridiculous, and I'm dropping them because of it. I'd rather go to Family Video then deal with the wait.

I've bought a LOT of games from them over the last 3 or so years and yet they sent me a coupon when I sent them a link to this thread showing how dissappointed long time customers are.
Maybe send an email similar and they'll see how by doing this they're just creating a bigger problem? Can't hurt.

After reading all of your complaints and hating the service they've given me for the past year or so, I think I'm finally calling it quits. After I cash out my coupons and my billing cycle is up, I'm gone. I do Hollywoods in store service and have GamezNFlix as well as GF, GF is by far the shittiest online service I've ever used. No real reason to continue with them besides to get the 10% off discount and free shipping, which although it's the only reason I've stayed on this long, I barely play the games I have now. Yeah, gfg GF, I'm done with you like a 2 cent hooker.

Ok, so the people earlier in the thread that complained first got taken care of but now the rest of us aren't getting any satisfaction? They just keep digging the hole deeper. And their used prices SUCK anyway, so you need a coupon. They didn't even respond to me yet.

Their used prices are actually some of the best deals going around on a constant basis. Hell, they even have Okami for sale right now at a fair price. That's part of the reason it's been so hard to leavethem up until now

[quote name='Jibbajaba']So I got a reply to my e-mail.

I seriously want to cancel my account now. I am being punished for buying games from them? fuck that.

Chris[/QUOTE]

How are you being punished? The coupon was geared towards a specific customer. You didn't qualify. How exactly is that punishment?

just a heads up, if you didn't receive the email, or the coupons, you can call them and say you received an email, stating that "10 gamefly dollars" would be added to your account and that you never received them, they in most cases should issue the 10 dollars. I received the email, and never got the dollars, so they issued me the dollars.

After I cash out my coupons and my billing cycle is up, I'm gone. I do Hollywoods in store service and have GamezNFlix as well as GF, GF is by far the shittiest online service I've ever used

Couldn't possibly disagree more. You actually think "Gameznflix" is better than Gamefly? You're probably the only person on the planet who does. G'nF was a total joke, never shipping games, never shipping pre-orders, never responding to emails, charging you for games you never received...hands down the worst-operated internet site or service of any kind I'd ever used.

gotta agree w/ Phantom, gnf, blew nuts... they sucked out loud... never again would I use them, or advise anyone to use them..

bread's done
Back